View Full Version : beardiest army

savage_&_proud_of_it
25-10-2007, 18:15
in your opinion which is the beardiest (hardest) fantasy army out there

please comment

thanks

lokigod
25-10-2007, 18:32
why dont you do a search there are 15 of these threads......

Putty
25-10-2007, 19:37
http://warseer.com/forums/fantasy-tactics/104786-hardest-army-to-beat.html

http://warseer.com/forums/fantasy-tactics/103961-the-cheese-thread.html

Rhamag
25-10-2007, 19:41
Dwarves are the beardiest, because they have the most, err, beards.

Any army can be hard to beat in the hands of a good player.

Flypaper
26-10-2007, 06:26
Tournament results place them in the following order:

Tier 1:
Daemonic Legion
Bretonnians
Wood Elves

Tier 2:
Tomb Kings
Lizardmen
High Elves
Vampire Counts
Skaven

Tier 3
Empire
Beasts of Chaos
High Elves
Hordes of Chaos
Ogre Kingdoms

Tier 4
Dwarfs
Orcs & Goblins
Dark Elves

{source} (http://www.warvault.net/warhammer_realm/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4037.)

Of the above, only the Tier 2 armies can be considered properly 'balanced' - i.e. the number of wins is correct in proportion to the number of players. Tier 3 is noticeably under par, Tier 4 should be considerered a self-imposed handicap, and the three Tier 1 armies are grossly overpowered.

...Now, can we not have this discussion all over again every couple of days? :angel:

Red_Duke
26-10-2007, 11:01
I think you'll find that Empire just vaulted a 'tier' with their latest release though ;)

They are now badass. Bad. Ass.

High elves look to be pole vaulting pretty much everything with their latest codex however. x2 Dragons in 2k, plus a dragon that's S7, and can have a rider with the same - dishing out something like 11 S7 hits a turn. If thats not sick, i dont know what is...

Dwarves id say are either Tier 4, or Tier 1 with Thorek.

And going by the latest round of GT's, Vamps go down a Tier, as they just cant cut it against the newer released armies. Notably Empire, Wood Elves, and orrible old Thorek.

FatOlaf
26-10-2007, 19:54
And going by the latest round of GT's, Vamps go down a Tier, as they just cant cut it against the newer released armies. Notably Empire, Wood Elves, and orrible old Thorek.

For now maybe, but come the spring (here's hoping) we will have WS7 skeletons and knights of the blood keep, should get us back in the mix!

Shame about the ghoul nerf though!

Flypaper
27-10-2007, 03:20
I think you'll find that Empire just vaulted a 'tier' with their latest release though

They are now badass. Bad. Ass.
I'm unconviced, TBH. We'll have to give them a few more months and see how it goes. :)

High elves look to be pole vaulting pretty much everything with their latest codex however. x2 Dragons in 2k, plus a dragon that's S7, and can have a rider with the same - dishing out something like 11 S7 hits a turn. If thats not sick, i dont know what is...
The current mainstay HE army is going to go through a lot of changes, particularly now that they can't fill out the Core with Silver Helms (who've been weakened anyway). So it'll take a while for us to find out how well their new stuff copes in a bare-knuckle environment. Personally, I think it's perfectly possible that they'll end up weaker, which would be quite hillarious when you consider how loudly HE players have been complaining about their (comparatively competitive) army for years. :evilgrin: