PDA

View Full Version : Who is Captain of the Ultra Marines 4th Company now?

TEMPLARDAWG
25-10-2007, 22:12
Title says it all. Thanks in advance.

<><

Drogmir
25-10-2007, 23:27
Seems to be no one right now.

Note: Until 999.M41, Captain Lucius Idaeus led the Fourth Company, but died in battle on Thracia. Uriel Ventris was confirmed as the successor captain shortly after, but has been exiled from the Ultramarines for failing to adhere to the Codex Astartes.-Wiki

Alpharius
26-10-2007, 00:24

Note: Until 999.M41, Captain Lucius Idaeus led the Fourth Company, but died in battle on Thracia. Uriel Ventris was confirmed as the successor captain shortly after, but has been exiled from the Ultramarines for failing to adhere to the Codex Astartes.-Wiki

Now that's a crime I can get behind!

(Let's hope we're all allowed to continue to live in such a manner, with the Redu threat hanging over our heads!)

Uriel and friends will be back in print soon, with a new adventure.

Eventually, maybe we'll get an answer to this question...

GR_Zombie
26-10-2007, 04:51
Maybe the marine who ratted Uriel out to the Ultras? I can't remember his name ATM.

Vaulkhar
26-10-2007, 04:57
Given that Uriel and Idaeus (who taught him about bending the Codex) were quite popular with 4th Company, I can see the UMs having their first ever case of commander-fragitis if that has happened.

Rodman49
26-10-2007, 06:56

Hmm, what exactly did he do?

Vaulkhar
26-10-2007, 07:08
Trotted off with the Deathwatch to beat a Hive Fleet by killing the Norn Queen instead of staying with his company and killing every last gribbly bug one by one. Basically he committed common sense.

Rodman49
26-10-2007, 07:32
Trotted off with the Deathwatch to beat a Hive Fleet by killing the Norn Queen instead of staying with his company and killing every last gribbly bug one by one. Basically he committed common sense.

So presumably then he joined the Deathwatch?

Arkley
26-10-2007, 07:58
Learchus is the current Acting 4th Co Captain...

IIRC Uriel was a member of Deathwatch for 10 years.

But Vaulkhar is right he did do the right thing, but he also abandoned his company... Basically the lesser of two evils in my eyes.

Vaulkhar
26-10-2007, 08:02
No, he got sent on a Death Oath into the Eye of Terror. The true irony is that had he stayed with the 4th, then they'd probably have been wiped out and the planet eaten...

...and if that rat Learchus is running the show, my money's on an 'accidental' fragging within the next two novels.

Arkley
26-10-2007, 08:11
No, he got sent on a Death Oath into the Eye of Terror. The true irony is that had he stayed with the 4th, then they'd probably have been wiped out and the planet eaten...

That was punishment for deserting his company :)...

...and if that rat Learchus is running the show, my money's on an 'accidental' fragging within the next two novels.

At first I hated Learchus too but he did what he thought was right even Uriel in the short story to bridge the 2 novels said... There is no hatred from either of them.... If Uriel gets forgiven, Learchus will step down again this was made clear in the short story.

The simple fact was Uriel tried to act like Ideaus and failed :(... Ideaus's ideals were overlooked because he got results. Uriel did not.

aenarion67
26-10-2007, 09:48
Im preety sure that the 4th company is missing a captain.