PDA

View Full Version : Cats Vs. Dogs

x-esiv-4c
07-09-2005, 19:50
Which is it to be Warseer? Do you prefer cats or dogs?

Son of Morkai
07-09-2005, 19:57
Squirrels.

strv
07-09-2005, 20:00
My cat ftw! Worlds calmest cat.

>Edit, you have a sqirrel SoM?

5upr3m3 h4xx0rz
07-09-2005, 20:02
Cats are awesome....but this summer in greece i met the most amazing animal ever. It was a one year old german shepard, and everytime i would pass on my motorcycle it would run up to me, jump up, and we would just play..it was...magical.

I love dogs...

Sprue Rubbles
07-09-2005, 20:02
I love them both, but I prefer cats even if they hate me.

Sylass
07-09-2005, 20:11
Dogs.

When I was younger there was a cat in the neighbourhood and for some time said cat decided to use our sandbox as a toilet.

There's nothing more evil than thinking you found clay in the depths of the sandbox and then, a few seconds later, you notice that there's something wrong with the smell of the "clay" you just found...:skull:

Needless to say, that cat ruined my relationship to cats for the whole species.

blitz589
07-09-2005, 20:14
I like cats, less work no walking, or cleaning up items from you lawn, cats have the decentcy to bury it.

Tormentor of Slaanesh
07-09-2005, 20:16
dogs r mans best friend, they get u fit too. great pulling acessory too.

x-esiv-4c
07-09-2005, 20:17
I'm a cat person. Less work and they are fluffy.

Guido le Wombat
07-09-2005, 20:21
When I was younger there was a cat in the neighbourhood and for some time said cat decided to use our sandbox as a toilet.

There's nothing more evil than thinking you found clay in the depths of the sandbox and then, a few seconds later, you notice that there's something wrong with the smell of the "clay" you just found...:skull:

This is one of the many things that makes cats so great.

Clearly this cat was working some evil scheme against you, and I salute its actions :)

Captain Brown
07-09-2005, 20:33
I am very allergic to cats (so they love me) and therefore I am picking dogs.

Kiro
07-09-2005, 20:34
Damn you x, you beat me to it!!!! :mad:

Err, I'm really undecided at the moment. I like cats, I like dogs. I'll have to think about this one....

Guido, your cat looks evil! ;)

Yodhrin
07-09-2005, 20:36
Where is the "I hate all animals, whether furred, feathered or scaly" option? I dont really see the appeal of having to look after something that craps everywhere unless, by some miracle, I someday manage to spawn a child of my own. Plus Im allergic to just about every animal in existance, I start sneezing if I come within 10 feet of a dog :p

m1s1n
07-09-2005, 20:54
Dogs--they have personalities, and you can have a blast with them. Cats just are--which is a total let down.

Vaya
07-09-2005, 21:01
Dogs anytime.

Compared to people, cats are the guys in the bar that only speak to you if they want something from you, and pretend you're not there the rest of the time. Dogs on the other hand are the cheerful fellows that buy you beers and talk to you, even if they don't know you.

Luke
07-09-2005, 21:04
dogs all the way! genuine affection! getting our third dog sometime soon , a little westy pup, white. awww, my mums gonna call it Casey.

Brother Frog
07-09-2005, 21:05
Dogs, definately.

Dogs love. Lieutenant Columbo had a dog.

Cats crap endlessly all over my lawn, and I don't even have one of those hateful creatures. :mad:

So, dogs. Dogs and fish. Dogs, fish and shrimp.

Yog Sogoth
07-09-2005, 21:41
Dogs.

But I have nothing against cats.

Arnizipal
07-09-2005, 21:44
I am very allergic to cats (so they love me) and therefore I am picking dogs.
It's the other way around for me.
I like both, yet I'm (slightly) allergic to dogs, so cats get my vote.
Also, I own two of the little furrballs :)

The Dragon Reborn
07-09-2005, 22:30
both but cats have an edge, just cause i have had the same one for 10 years, named albert

Luke
07-09-2005, 22:54
bleh. cats are rubbish. fake and nasty animals. no real affection unless they need feeding. always dragging dead animals into the house. crapping everywhere. they kill the wildlife and set off all the security lights down our street, cause havoc, rustle bushes and generally scream the night away brawling with other cats. usless lumps of mangey fur if you ask me.

now dogs are funny, have personalities, have genuine love for people. and once, i swear my dog smiled right at me. i was tapping its head for about 10 minutes and it couldnt see me (i was above it sitting on a wheelie bin) then when it finally saw me and figured it out, it was the most bizzarre thing i had ever seen. it actually SMILED! :D always had major respect for dogs.

Penitent
07-09-2005, 23:12
There should have been an option for both in this poll. I've met nasty cats/dogs, and I've met awesome cats/dogs. Each have their pros and cons.

Luke
07-09-2005, 23:15
lol, ive actually had dogs set on me and ive managed to "fuss" them into submission :D

dogs are great. i was out mt biking the other day and a dog leapt out from a bush and clampd onto my leg (blood ensued) but i just fussed it and it started licking the blood away.

maybe it was trying to eat me. i dont know.

Son of Morkai
08-09-2005, 00:15
>Edit, you have a sqirrel SoM?
I used to, but it's illegal to keep them as pets (at least in Texas) so I had to give him up. But squirrels are still the perfect pets - they're (fairly) clean, stupidly loyal, eat little, will play with you, don't jump on you and try to lick your face with the same mouth they were just using to bite their neither regions, etc. They combine the best attributes of dogs and cats, with a few extra thrown in.

Yodhrin
08-09-2005, 00:22
I used to, but it's illegal to keep them as pets (at least in Texas) so I had to give him up. But squirrels are still the perfect pets - they're (fairly) clean, stupidly loyal, eat little, will play with you, don't jump on you and try to lick your face with the same mouth they were just using to bite their neither regions, etc. They combine the best attributes of dogs and cats, with a few extra thrown in.

Red Squirrels are cool, but Greys are total c*cks. First, the Greys here in Scotland have been trying to wipe out the Reds for ages, and almost succeeded. Second, I got attacked by a whole bloody pack of Greys when I was seven. Honest to God attacked.

I was feeding a few Reds in a local park with nuts, and I turn around to see about a half-dozen Greys scampering towards me. Not knowing the difference then, I grabbed a handful of nuts to drop on the ground for them, and they all ran up my lag(biting and scratching the whole way), scratched at my hands until I dropped both the nuts and the bag, and then jumped off and made off with most of them.

Gits.

Son of Morkai
08-09-2005, 00:30
Mine was a grey, so I think that one of your ancestors must have done something to end up in their Book of Grudges. Or maybe Texan greys are nicer...

Easy E
08-09-2005, 00:44
Cats- They can take care of themselves in an apartment or house alone for long periods of time. Contrary to popular belief, you can train a cat just as well as your average domestic dog. They will love you, but only if they respect you.

Dogs- Are always under foot and begging for attention. So dependent and they always have this dumb look on their faces. Dogs will love anything that gives them attention.

Freak Ona Leash
08-09-2005, 01:11
Cats=Aloof, pissy animals. Not fit to be the ***** on my dogs paw. Except for my friends cat who plays fetch...
Dogs=Better than most humans. Who says we...er, they(heh, yeah...) need evolution? :D

Scactha
08-09-2005, 06:20
Agree with Easy E, dogs loyalty means squat as the subserve themselves to anyone anywhere. The ultimate sycophants.

I love cats :)

Adlan
08-09-2005, 06:38
Dogs suberviance debends on: Training and predisposition. Some dogs (and some breeds) will devote themselves to one person, some to a group and some to all humans.

And the reason ever Brition should hate greys are manyfold, They are american, not native imports and are not the right fit for our ecosystem. From this first reason others expand, They have a nasty habit of eating red squirrl young, beating up older red squirrels and generally out bredding them. They Eat nuts and fresh shoots. Unfortunetly these fresh shoots are often yearling trees. Killing of young trees destroys traditional slow growing decidious forest, which won't adapt fast enough to have more offspring. In the citys they scavange rubbish and litter, like rats with good PR.

The only thing squirrls are good for is target practaise.

And back on topic, Dogs rule. But only big dogs, bigdogs are generally much nicer and easier to train. Little dogs are just annoying.

Adept
08-09-2005, 06:55
Agree with Easy E, dogs loyalty means squat as the subserve themselves to anyone anywhere. The ultimate sycophants.

I love cats :)

Heh, just try and walk into my yard after dark and see how subservient my Ridgeback is...

Cats suck. Being arrogant and aloof is okay when you have the firepower to back it up. It's cool when Arnold Schwarzenegger is aloof and arrogant in Commando or Predator. It's not cool when the creature being aloof and arrogant is small and fluffy, and also depends on you for food and shelter. Stupid cats with their "look at me, I'm a cat and I don't care about you" attitide. Well, cats, I'm a person. And I've got a rock.

*Goes outside to throw rocks at cats*

Shadowheart
08-09-2005, 09:04
Cats. I don't particularly love them or desire to have one as a pet, but I've found them to be pretty decent overal. They act as if they own the place and can lie down to sleep anywhere. They might not be very useful, but at least they're not a nuisance either (most of the time, anyway).

Dogs are overbearingly stupid (and often ugly), so I have no liking for them at all. But then, they were bred to be man's best friend (in other words, to agree all the time) so it's really mankind that is to blame for it. Still, many dog owners hardly seem to be in control of their canine, which can be a pain. Having a dog bark like an idiot for no apparent reason is an everday occurence, but when you start yelling at people at the top of your lungs it's concidered improper behaviour.

75hastings69
08-09-2005, 10:30
No way cats are winning WTF?!?!?! Vote Dogs!!!

Icewalker
08-09-2005, 10:39
Cats. And make this a sticky already. It comes up so frequently it should be one.

Going back on topic, kitty cats are so cute and fuzzy. Dogs are just slobering fools.

Rabid Bunny 666
08-09-2005, 10:41
dogs rule, cats just bugger off and do their own thing

Inquis. Jaeger
08-09-2005, 10:47
Dogs are awesome. Cats suck. Who wants an emotionally distant and uncaring animal that only stays with you because you feed it? Plus every witch/evil genius/ignoble character EVER has had a cat. Cats are what old mad ladies have. Hundreds of them, and the Council has to go in and clean it all up.

Rabid Bunny 666
08-09-2005, 10:51
....with purging fire

The boyz
08-09-2005, 10:55
I must admit I do prefer dogs to cats overall. Mainly because dogs are more of a working animal. I have never seen cats round up sheep or cattle.
Also I dont think cats really like me that much neither, they tend to trick me into rubbing there stomachs, then they pounce and ripp my hand to shreds, so I do prefer dogs.
Also dogs are a more affectionate(sp) animal, when we had a cat, called Lilly she would go of for days at a time never to be seen. But Lilly was pretty cool for a cat she was quite patient and wouldnt attack you. Where as dogs will stay by there masters side and you can teach them tricks aswell.

ironduke
08-09-2005, 11:20
dogs all the way. They nether stop being affectionat to you while a cat is very emotionally detached and boring... though i still like them just not as much.

vforvenator
08-09-2005, 12:04
Top Cat? Stimpy? The (Red Dwarf) Cat? Obviously cats are greater.
Robert Smith didn't write a song about dogs.

Crube
08-09-2005, 12:07
Dogs all the way.

(especially my Bert....(see avatar)

athamas
08-09-2005, 12:08
cats.. not my fault.. i grew up with one as a sister... [pearents got a kitten ~3 months before i was born...]

Son of Morkai
08-09-2005, 12:40
I can't believe no one has made the best argument yet - cats have less fat and are more filling. I love cats. Anyone want to exchange recipes?

Wiseman
08-09-2005, 12:44
Armidillo's>dogs> cats

Brother Frog
08-09-2005, 13:29
All those who have voted cats can come round and clean up the cat crap from my lawn. There's enough of it delivered nightly for all of you. :mad:

I know that if my now dead dog crapped everywhere, I'd be looking at a 1000 fine from the council.

vforvenator
08-09-2005, 13:50
Ergo cats are less expensive..?

Luke
08-09-2005, 14:57
what does it say abuot a person who would sooner have an emotionally devoid, low maintenance animal as a pet? you may as well just get a cardboard cut out of a cat and stick it on your bedroom wall, you'd get about as much interaction as you would with a real cat and less of the mess!

vforvenator
08-09-2005, 15:02
I wouldn't, cats are high maintenance if you're looking after them properly, emotional if you're paying sufficient attention, like all pets, I just prefer them to dogs.

Luke
08-09-2005, 15:05
i shouldnt have to earn a cats respect, the fact that you house it and feed it should at least be enough you know what i mean :D

dogs = cool. i cant rememebr if i said this but were getting our 3rd dog soon! a little westy pup! awwwwwwww, looks like the one from the caesar adverts :D

vforvenator
08-09-2005, 15:10
Chick magnets, is it? I believe I follow.
Three cardboard cut-out dogs would be too much maintanance for me, right now.

liquiddream78
08-09-2005, 15:14
Both suck, but I picked cats b/c I am lazy and they don't bug you all the time like annoying dogs do. Plus, the last thing I want is some dog jumping all over me after a long day at work.

What is with people saying cats crap on lawns!? Maybe in Europe cats are wierd but I always find dog crap on lawns, bike tracks and on sidewalks.

vforvenator
08-09-2005, 15:19
Indeed, lazy dog walkers let their pooches unload all over the place, but how do you prevent a cat? You'd have to follow it around parkland in the small hours with a bag.

Lardidar
08-09-2005, 15:33
Pot belly Pig ........... OINK!!!

If it's good enough for George Clooney :)

Luke
08-09-2005, 15:39
its not about YOUR cat crapping on YOUR lawn. Its about YOUR cat crapping on MY lawn!

also YOUR cat trampling all MY flower beds!

grrrrrrr........:D

Vaya
08-09-2005, 15:51
Somehow I do not associate the word trampling with cats. You sure it wasn't a cow or something?

Crube
08-09-2005, 15:52
Depends on the size of flowers / plants.

Cats do trample, just more daintily than a cow...

Luke
08-09-2005, 15:56
wel, they tend to make a kind of nest right in the middle of a plant. and sit there staring at you untill you chase it off or lob a brick at it.

lmao, this one time i caught this cat creeping into my garage so i bowled a GW tape measure at it with a massive BANG! and it ran off on its back legs!

TheSonOfAbbadon
08-09-2005, 16:52
What is with people saying cats crap on lawns!? Maybe in Europe cats are wierd but I always find dog crap on lawns, bike tracks and on sidewalks.

Cats actually try to find an area of dirt [grass hinders digging] then dig a small pit, crap in it, then bury it. If they don't, well, haha you have to clean up cat crap.

Personally I chose cats, because dogs aren't cute. At all.

Edit: Also, you can't take dogs into shopping centres, whereas they say nothing about cats.

bertcom1
08-09-2005, 17:02
Taking a dog for a walk allows you to meet people that you might be interested in. e.g. pretty ladies walking their dog.
You can also use the reason of walking the dog to evade awkward social occasions, go to the pub on the way, and to get some fresh air and exercise.

Taking a cat for a walk gets you sent to the secure hospital.

Therefore Dogs > Cats

Lord Setra
08-09-2005, 17:06
Yeah I must say that my preference sways towards dogs but that is mainly because I am allergic to cats.

That and I have always wanted a dog but have never been able to get one:(

plasmadaemon
08-09-2005, 17:13
Thread is too long, didn't read.

I think soft fussy animals are more dangerous than big, strong and big animals. Er, yes i think i got that one right....

Dogs i said! yes, dogs! muahahah! - plasmadaemon when happy

Shadowheart
08-09-2005, 17:14
what does it say abuot a person who would sooner have an emotionally devoid, low maintenance animal as a pet?

That they aren't fooling themselves, perhaps. To me, getting affection from a dog seems somewhat like having sex with a prostitute. Exceptionally low standards mean anyone can do it, and there's a distinct feeling of taking unfair advantage.
Heck, most dogs I've met liked me, even if I barely hid my contempt. I don't find blind loyalty and unconditional love to be endearing qualities.

Not that there's much endearing about your average cat either, but at least cats don't try to make any illusions about it. Though there's plenty cat owners who do that by themselves anyway.

TheSonOfAbbadon
08-09-2005, 17:24
Taking a dog for a walk allows you to meet people that you might be interested in. e.g. pretty ladies walking their dog.
You can also use the reason of walking the dog to evade awkward social occasions, go to the pub on the way, and to get some fresh air and exercise.

Everyone knows ladies prefer cats.

And fresh air and exercise are overrated.

Taking a cat for a walk gets you sent to the secure hospital.

Only if you're naked.

Therefore Dogs > Cats

I see flaws in your argument and your points are unsupported!

Vaya
08-09-2005, 17:26
Everyone knows ladies prefer cats.

Then how come every female moviestar has a Chihuahua. Not that I'd call that a dog, but it's even less of a cat.

TheSonOfAbbadon
08-09-2005, 17:35
Then how come every female moviestar has a Chihuahua. Not that I'd call that a dog, but it's even less of a cat.

Not EVERY SINGLE ONE has a chihuahua.

Name me one female moviestar that has a chihuahua and is NOT an idiot.

Wez
08-09-2005, 18:00
Cats.

They treat you like a slave, couldn't care less if you die or not and will only show affection for food/scratching. They're callous, self-absorbent and arrogant. But they also have style. I don't want an animal that blindly loves me, I don't want an animal that sees me as superior and I don't want an animal that is subservient. I want an animal that does what it wants, when where and how it wants.:)

I don't want a friend that's a dog.

-Wez

Yorkiebar
08-09-2005, 18:04
Labradors, retrievers and big fuzzy dogs. Other than those breeds, you're better off with a cat. I can't stand vicious dogs or tiny yapping ones.

Warlord Gnashgrod
08-09-2005, 18:20
Yeah, the small little dogs are always barking. I think they have way too much energy, or perhaps they have chips on their shoulders 'cause they know they're small. And the big dogs, well, they're almost too big to handle. Especially if you have more than one, like my sister does.

Give me a cat any day. Much easier to take care of, much easier to handle(as long as you're careful about the claws, or have them removed) and considerably quieter.

Brother Frog
08-09-2005, 18:42
Give me a cat any day. Much easier to take care of, much easier to handle(as long as you're careful about the claws, or have them removed) and considerably quieter.

...unless they are spending the night fighting, screaming and crapping in my garden. :mad:

Labradors, retrievers and big fuzzy dogs. Other than those breeds, you're better off with a cat. I can't stand vicious dogs or tiny yapping ones.

We used to have a Springer Spaniel. We did briefly debate getting a Bassett when he died, but I realised I couldn't go through putting down another dog.

How could you have left either of these breeds (or Beagles) off your list of quality dogs?

lredman
08-09-2005, 18:42
Cats every time. They have so much more character than dogs

Luke
08-09-2005, 18:45
Cats every time. They have so much more character than dogs

wtf? have you ever seen a dog? ever? thats like saying a pushbike is faster than a suzuki hayabusa.

Wez
08-09-2005, 19:22
wtf? have you ever seen a dog? ever? thats like saying a pushbike is faster than a suzuki hayabusa.
A dog tends to be subservient. A cat does what ever the ******* it feels like.;)

-Wez

Luke
08-09-2005, 19:36
well mebeh, but what does that have to do with character? you can have a laugh with dogs and they laugh back, cats dont (at least none of mine ever did).

even my pet rats laugh!

Son of Morkai
08-09-2005, 19:46
Cats laugh back! Just at you, not the joke...

Someone saying dogs don't have character just means that person haven't seen any good dogs. Still, squirrels are better.

Adept
09-09-2005, 05:40
A dog tends to be subservient. A cat does what ever the ******* it feels like.;)

-Wez

Like I said earlier. Just try and get into my yard after dark, and see how subservient my dog is!

Dogs aren't subservient. At least, not usually. They are loyal, protective, and smart enough to know who the pack leader is. Cats think they are the top of the household food chain. And it sometimes comes as a shock to them that I am bigger, stronger and meaner. I can't wait until the cats we have at the moment die, because we sure as hell aren't getting any more.

Plus, dogs eat cats. So dogs are clearly better than cats.

NaT
09-09-2005, 06:27
Cats where once worshiped as gods.
They have not forgotten this.

Wez
09-09-2005, 15:32
Plus, dogs eat cats. So dogs are clearly better than cats.
Lion>Dog

:evilgrin:

Like I said earlier. Just try and get into my yard after dark, and see how subservient my dog is!
Presumably very, because he's doing your will?;)

-Wez

Guido le Wombat
09-09-2005, 15:34
<-----

See that cat?

Its better than any of your ****** dogs.

Crube
09-09-2005, 15:38
<-----

See my dog, he'd, he'd

well to be honest he couldn't be bothered about your cat. He has better things to do

but if he wanted to, he'd kick your cat's butt

well he would if he were alive..(*sniff*)

ironduke
09-09-2005, 15:41
Yes because your cat doesn't look like he has just had a shovel taken to his face. He must be loved.
In the immortal words of Jack Dee, Dogs will give you affection no matter what your doing but cats you feed them give them a roof over their heads and what do they do, claw your eyes out and all cat lovers can say is "he didn't mean it"

Bullsh**

Vaya
09-09-2005, 18:11

Haha, trick question. First you tell me which female moviestar you consider not being an idiot, or else you'll just shoot down my arguments afterwards.

By the way, who's Abbadon? ;)

Rykion
09-09-2005, 19:20
I actually like both, but I voted for dogs. When someone walks a dog and lets it leave its waste in your yard, the problem is with the owner not the animal. That the majority of people allow their cats to roam free, destroy, and mess up other people's yard is also a problem with the owner. People should be responsible for their pets.

Warlord Gnashgrod
09-09-2005, 19:28
But at least cats bury their waste. And they usually do it somewhere that they can move the earth easily enough to bury it. With dogs, it's a lot easier to step in the waste.

Crube
09-09-2005, 19:29
True, but they invatriably bury there ***** in someone elses garden

VanDoo
09-09-2005, 19:35
Cats. Cool, suave, independant, soft, relaxing to pet.

Dogs. Loud, slobbering, attention-grabbing, a lot of work to look after.

Thus, cats = teh win.

Luke
09-09-2005, 20:07
well why dont you just marry one! :D

VanDoo
09-09-2005, 20:17
Maybe... I... will??? :wtf:

athamas
09-09-2005, 20:19
'Cats Rule, that is all!'

[guess the quote!]

catsa are very clean animals, its just if you have a really bad garden with poor soil they will be unable to bury their mess!

dogs are nasty, loud and jump up at you...

who wants to get respect for just being there, respect ernt is much more rewarding than respect given!

and my GF likes cats just as much as me, so dogs are not any more of a chick magnet than cats... and as for those little rat things some people call dogs... well thire owners really need to rethink their lives in most cases!

Warmaster Primus
13-09-2005, 00:56
Dogs.

You know what i say when there is a dead cat on the side of the road? Wow, I'm glad that's not a dog or someone might miss it.

Inquisitor Engel
13-09-2005, 01:00
There's a difference here.

Kittens, regardless of breed, are cute.
Certain breed of puppy are not cute at all.

Certain breeds of cats are god ugly.
Most breeds of dogs are awesome.

I see a stalemate, but given personalities, I take dogs any day.

Nid
13-09-2005, 02:39
My kitten is the bomb. She was a feral I've adopted, already knows to **** in the litter box (no dicking with paper training here) keeps herself smelling nice, is soft, quiet, playful.

Dogs in my experience smell bad, are loud, noisy, destructive, and have the IQ of a brick.

Wiseman
13-09-2005, 03:28
So i take it nid your squig is going good then?

Kensai X
13-09-2005, 03:35
Meh while I do like cats specially the old timer' Tabbys, I generally have some small thing in the back of my mind, that as soon as I turn around cats begin plotting....

Maybe it's an American thing, but a good loyal dog it just seems so much casual and more like me. It justs seems more proper to have yourself propped on the couch with "the guys" watching a football game, with a beagle at your foot rather then a cat in your lap...

BTW Chihuahuas, Dachsunds, and other ankle-biters aren't really dogs per say more like large rats...

Opus T. Penguin
13-09-2005, 06:48
I love both. Prefer dogs, but it's close.

Vaya
13-09-2005, 07:21
BTW Chihuahuas, Dachsunds, and other ankle-biters aren't really dogs per say more like large rats...

Nobody disrespects rats while I'm around! If rats where a party in this poll they would have beaten cats and dogs with both front-paws tied behind their backs. :D

Luke
13-09-2005, 09:42
@ Vaya: I agree. rats rule :)

You know what i say when there is a dead cat on the side of the road? Wow, I'm glad that's not a dog or someone might miss it.

lmao! i actually considered honouring this by putting it in my sig :D

good stuff

Kiro
13-09-2005, 11:06
Nobody disrespects rats while I'm around! If rats where a party in this poll they would have beaten cats and dogs with both front-paws tied behind their backs

Too right!
Too, ******** right!
Rats are teh shiznit, and I can't wait till I get another one!

:D

Lord Lucifer
13-09-2005, 14:21
You didn't need to use that many words.
Cut out the 'has a chihuahua and' in the middle there :p

Anyway, I like both cats and dogs, but for me Dogs edge out the competition simply because they can fairly reliably offer a level of companionship that a cat struggles to match

I miss my corgi :cries:

Luke
13-09-2005, 14:50
heh, i think thats the important thing to remember. an animals sense of love and companiosnhip isnt as complex as a humans, both a cat and dog will only love you as far as they can (ie as the guy that feeds and shelters them)

this is where dogs imho excell over cats. although both animals are essentialy selfish and fickle, a dog will provide its affection more freely than a cat and that is what we like about dogs.

as stated before, i shouldnet have to earn a cats respect, esp since i feed and shelter it in the first place.

Spacemunkie
13-09-2005, 15:06
Cats are rubbish.

They are not as good as dogs. Even the law says so.

Run over a cat in your car? Don't even bother getting out, simply drive off and nowt happens. (Although my mate threw the one he hit into a hedge so it didn't end up like road-mash...)

Run over a dog and it's treated like hit and run - you're supposed to report it!

Personally I wouldn't soil my tyres by running over a cat.... Horrible little creatures they are.

Easy E
15-09-2005, 05:20
A lot of people seem to think that cats are not affectionate. This is just not true. Like any animal, they must be trained young. Most people just ignore their cats when they are kittens as their is a myth that they are untrainable. Again, this is not true.

You can train a cat to do anyhting a dog can do, keeping their size in mind. My cat walks on a harness, comes when called, fetches a ball, jumps up (or down) when I tell it too, and stop meowing when told. It is all about training, and reinformcing their behaviors.

It also helps if you are a night person as cat's are naturally nocturnal.

Serpent
15-09-2005, 08:53
Cats.

My cat was put to eternal sleep just over a month ago, at the age of 16. :cries:

Serpent

chaos god
15-09-2005, 10:12
I like dogs alot more. Cats are lazy and get in the way. Dogs are playful and listen to what you say.

Minister
15-09-2005, 10:20
Nuclear megadeath upon all domestic felines.

scottb
15-09-2005, 12:26
Definatly cats, we have 3 of the damned things.

Adept
15-09-2005, 13:20
Lion>Dog

Did I mention my dog was a Rhodesian Ridgeback? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodesian_Ridgeback) Which are specifically bred to hunt lions?

By the by, the dogs in that article are puny compared to my Ringo, who weighs in at 55 kgs of pure muscle.

Presumably very, because he's doing your will?;)

I'll pay that. Fair point.

edit: Ringo actually looks a lot like this (http://www.cajune.de/bilder/cajune-kopf3.jpg) . Although he's a little bit lighter in colour.

x-esiv-4c
15-09-2005, 13:33
I'm actually surprised that the poll came to a result this close.

Warlord Gnashgrod
15-09-2005, 15:03
As far as a dog is concerned, you own him.

But to the cat's way of thinking, the cat owns YOU.

You have to admire that in an animal only 1/3 your size. ;)

fredmundo
15-09-2005, 15:28
Cats rule, you know that when you go out they invite thier friends round for Poker when your out...They are so much smarter than dogs too, in that kind of lazy cynical way...it reminds me of that Eddie Izzard sketch.

Dogs are mindless and just mind do as there told, if a cat doesn't like it's set up it just finds a better one...

Yes that cat knew exactly what it was doing....do you have a look round sylass when you found it? You may have spotted him with his mates peeking over the fence sniggering at you ..

Crube
16-09-2005, 08:17
For pussycat lovers everywhere...

clicky (http://www.mows.com)

:D

Wez
16-09-2005, 12:51
Did I mention my dog was a Rhodesian Ridgeback? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodesian_Ridgeback) Which are specifically bred to hunt lions?

"the dogs themselves did not actually kill lions."

Lion>Dog

Human>Lion

Still, was an interesting read and a weird coincidence, cheers for link:p. Your dog weighs nearly as much as me: he'd flatten me if he jumped at me.

You have to admire that in an animal only 1/3 your size.

$%#

That's one big cat!

-Wez

New Cult King
16-09-2005, 14:40
I grew up around big, white Bullterriers. They were the coolest pets in the world, and really gentle with myself and my siblings.

We had a cat once. It ate all my mice.

Guess which I voted?

Xhalax
16-09-2005, 15:17
I like dogs more.

Although living where I am, with the dogs that live here....I'm starting to like cats more than I used to.

I never disliked cats. But I never really liked them either. But now, I've had a chance to live with cats and they're not so bad. Much better than the dogs that are here.

However, my parents have just the bestest dog ever. I love him to bits!

TenTailedCat
16-09-2005, 16:11
There's a woman who lives near me who has an honest-to-god Wolf. It has eyes that are like ice, they're so intense, amazing animal. I'm kinda scared of it actually, but it's never so much as growled at me.

I can't choose between cats and dogs, both are great.

sigur
16-09-2005, 18:59
Squirrels.

*hugs* :p

TitusAndronicus
16-09-2005, 20:54
Oh MY GOD! What's wrong with you people? Obviously DOGS! DOGS are almost as old as human kind. Cats only wandered into our lives a few thousand years ago. You cat people must have someting wrong wih you to love cats, who obviously are not yet part of the human tribe, but still manage to make you feed them.

Crazy Harborc
16-09-2005, 23:46
When I came back from the Navy and Nam (1968), my mom and dad had taken in a SMALL terrier/mix called Joe. He liked me from second one :D It turned out that it was a VERY good thing that he liked.

IF Joe was mad at you.....IF, you left your shoes/boots on the floor, IF, you were a sound sleeper............you would wake up to find a "deposit" had been made in your shoe(just one) overnight. My first week home it happened to my dad :D

I like dogs. Cats, I just don't trust, they are WAY to moody.

Shadowheart
17-09-2005, 07:33
You cat people must have someting wrong wih you to love cats, who obviously are not yet part of the human tribe, but still manage to make you feed them.

You know, if dogs are part of the human tribe, then I'd rather not be. Maybe that's why some of us prefer cats over dogs, they don't resemble people so much. Cats are nice and quiet, maintain a certain sense of dignity and allow you to keep yours. Most dogs are loud and obnoxious, like people who have nothing to say and no way to say it, but who go ahead and say it anyway. Having a paper round early in the mornings I'm reminded of this difference on a daily basis.