Rapturous Standard

Tribe of the Delicate Flower – 105
10 Mounted Marauders
Flails
Full Command

Demons:
15 Demonettes - 225

Total: 1963

Models: 15 Heavy Infantry, 15 Light infantry, 10 Light Cavalry, 6 Heavy Cavalry, Mounted Lvl 4 Wizard, 15Demonettes

I couldnt find the rules for mounted demonettes. I thought i had them ina WD somewhere though >.>
I would, depending on point cost. Trade the on foot ones for the mounted
i originally also had 9 chosen knights. but a 500pt unit + 400pt lord. 900pts, or half my army in one unit seemed abit much at low scale 2k games

opinions?

radbug
26-10-2007, 11:41
You have two lord choices which is illegal.

Mounted demonetts are only available to demonic legion armies so you should stick whit you're foot ones.

Light armour on maruders are typically a waste of points. A 6+ armour save will not be good enough to be of any use.

10 mounted maruaders are typically a bad choice. They are fast cav so can't get any rank bonus. Two units of five would be a lot better.

/R

Red_Lep
26-10-2007, 12:34
Salmissra the Eternal, Lord of Slaanesh 352pts
Mark of Slaanesh
Chaos Runesword
Crimson Armour
Shield
Chaos Steed

Agatha, Exalted Sorceress of Slaanesh 425pts
Mark of Slaanesh
Level 4
Skull of Katam
Power Familiar
Slaanesh Steed

Core
Warriors of Slaanesh 351
15 Chaos Warriors
Mark of Slaanesh
Halberds
Full Command
Warbanner

Tribe of the Fragile Rose 205
15 Marauders
Flails
Light Armour
Full Command

The Chosen Knights of Salmissra 300
5 Chosen Chaos Knights
Mark of Slaanesh
Full Command
Rapturous Standard

Tribe of the Delicate Flower 105
10 Mounted Marauders
Flails
Full Command

Demons:
15 Demonettes - 225

Total: 1963

Models: 15 Heavy Infantry, 15 Light infantry, 10 Light Cavalry, 6 Heavy Cavalry, Mounted Lvl 4 Wizard, 15Demonettes

I couldnt find the rules for mounted demonettes. I thought i had them ina WD somewhere though >.>
I would, depending on point cost. Trade the on foot ones for the mounted
i originally also had 9 chosen knights. but a 500pt unit + 400pt lord. 900pts, or half my army in one unit seemed abit much at low scale 2k games

opinions?

As above, you got two Lords at 2000 which you can't have. The rules for mounted demonettes are on the UK GW website under HoC if you still need them.

der_lex
26-10-2007, 12:47
Two lord choices is indeed illegal. You'd best take two L2 sorcs instead. The Skull isn't that great, you're better off taking some power scrolls instead.
Steeds of Slaanesh are a waste for casters, since you won't be charging anything anyway. Stick them on a regular horse, and/or put them in an infantry unit to protect them from shooting.

As for your lord, the Chaos Runesword is horribly overpriced for what it does (it's not like your lord really needs the +1WS, and there are cheaper ways to get the other bonuses).
A very effective combo for a Slaanesh lord is Blade of Blood/Pendant of Slaanesh. The pendant gives him an extra attack for every wound he takes, and the sword gives him those wounds back. He can become a virtual killing machine this way. Also consider where you're going to put him: in fantasy, you can't have your characters running around by themselves, they'll get killed. You need unit support. Personally, I'd either keep him on foot with one of the infantry units, or give him a steed of Slaanesh and add him to the mounted daemonettes.

Mounted Daemonettes are available for Mortal and beast armies as well. You can find the rules here (http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/download.htm?/hordesofchaos/mtd-daemonettes/assets/mtd-daemonettes.pdf)
Swapping out the daemonettes on foot for them is a good idea.

Light armour is fine for Marauders, as long as you give them a shield and sufficient numbers as well. You already have a hard-hitting smaller unit in the form of your Chaos Warriors, so what you need is an 'anvil' unit to tie up the opponent while the Warriors or your cav units flank them. A unit of 20-25 marauders with handweapon/shield have a +4 armour save in cc, so they're fine for the job.

The chosen knights don't really need the standard. They really are hard enough as it is, and you don't want to put all your eggs in one basket.

I agree on splitting the Marauder horsemen up, for the reasons mentioned. Also, full command on fast cavalry is an absolute waste. Fast cav is used for four things: flank charges, march blocking, baiting, and if necessary, screening. Unless you're helping out on a flank, the buggers will never see combat, and will most likely end up dying for the greater good at some point in the battle. That means that all you'll need is a musician to help them rally. Them main reason you give them flails is for those occasions when they do a flank charge, and because thrown weapons are rather rubbish.

An alternative you might consider is dropping one horseman unit and adding 6 or so Furies. They can help you get rid of those meddlesome War Machine crew.

bigbear bailey
26-10-2007, 14:26
Here's my help bro...

Tribe of the Fragile Rose= Yeah that's what they are so just leave off the armour like the other guy suggested. I would maybe try for to blocks of 10 with champs to hit flanks. Because 15 aren't going to go much after one turn off shooting...

Lord and knights= Over kill man, for real. When those knights and Lord hit home they're going to win any fight that they get into, but that's a hell of a lot of eggs in one basket... I would make them regular knights and then they are good...

Like he said about the M. Horsemen. It is better to have a unit of around 7 top 8 (as only 6 can swing if they hit a full regiment and death from shooting is sure to occur) It's up to you though.

I am almost always against the chaos lord as he is to many points for what he does. He is an exalted with one extra of everything except str. I would make him a exalted and use the other points to get another hero like a scroll caddy or a aspiring champ to go with your chaos warriors...

Agatha Balh blah blah= Like the other fellow said (and good on you radbug) that u already have a lord so nock him down and make him a lv 2. Your magic is the best in the game, IMHO but hey what do I know, so keep at least one magic use.

Demon bitches= Same as marauders man. I think Slanessh is the best to have flanking with small units but if you like the unit

AbyssRaven
26-10-2007, 16:41
How is this ?

Salmissra the Eternal, Lord of Slaanesh – 337pts
Mark of Slaanesh
Blade of Blood
Pendant of Slaanesh
Crimson Armour
Shield
Chaos Steed

Agatha, Sorceress of Slaanesh – 195pts
Mark of Slaanesh
Level 2
Dispel Scroll
Power Stone

Core
Warriors of the pink Rose– 351
15 Chaos Warriors
Mark of Slaanesh
Halberds
Full Command
Warbanner

Tribe of the White Rose – 275
25 Marauders
Shields
Light Armour
Full Command

The Chosen Knights of Salmissra – 250
4 Chosen Chaos Knights
Mark of Slaanesh
Full Command

Tribe of the Red Rose – 96
6 Mounted Marauders
Flails
Musician

Tribe of the Blue Rose – 96
6 Mounted Marauders
Flails
Musician

Demons:
15 Demonettes - 225

5 Mounted Demonettes - 150

Total: 1975

Models: 15 Heavy Infantry, 15 Light infantry, 10 Light Cavalry, 5 Heavy Cavalry, Lvl 2 Wizard, 15Demonettes, 5 Demon Light Cavelry

Lord with chosen, Sorcerour with the 25 marauders or the 15 warriors (can you cast magic if your unit is in combat? )

Kadrium
26-10-2007, 16:56
Flails + Light armor on the marauders = something can probably go here. A 6+ armor save is pretty useless. It will either be negated by str 4+/Armor piercing attacks, or you'll rarely actually roll the save when it's not negated.

AbyssRaven
26-10-2007, 17:20
Sorry my bad. Thatw as supsoed to be shields. Forgot to change it.
Following der_lex 's advice

Light armour is fine for Marauders, as long as you give them a shield and sufficient numbers as well. You already have a hard-hitting smaller unit in the form of your Chaos Warriors, so what you need is an 'anvil' unit to tie up the opponent while the Warriors or your cav units flank them. A unit of 20-25 marauders with handweapon/shield have a +4 armour save in CC, so they're fine for the job.

der_lex
26-10-2007, 17:23
Some comments:

- I'd probably take your lord (lady?) off his steed and out of the knight unit. If You stick him with your knights, you'll end up with one big, scary unit that your opponent will target with all his magic/shooting and avoid with the rest of his army. If you put him into the Marauder group (the ones on foot) or give him a steed of slaanesh and stick him with the mounted daemonettes, your opponent will have multiple threats to worry about. Also, if you put him with the daemonettes, he'll be in combat by turn two, which is where you want him.
Also, drop the crimson armour. Remember, you actually want this guy to take hits, otherwise he won't get any extra attacks. He'll get the wounds back with the blade of blood anyway. The points you free up this way can be used on troops.

- One level two wizard will do squat in a 2000 point game. Magic is a bit of an all or nothing affair in WHFB: either take two L2 casters, or no magic at all.
Also, read my comment above about putting sorcerers on Steeds of Slaanesh. You're better off with the armour bonus from a regular steed...

(and, to adress your question: all spells can be cast in combat, except for magic missiles and spells that specifically mention they can't be used in combat. For Slaanesh, about half of the spells can still be used, the others can't be cast on 'engaged' enemy units).

- Add a chosen knight. A unit of five chosen doesn't need a character to join them, they'll whoop enough butt all by themselves.

- On a big unit of Marauders, hand weapon/shield is usually a better way to go than flails, since you want them to live as long as possible to keep the enemy occupied while your harder troops flank them. Marauders with flails are usually used as flanking units themselves, in small, unarmoured groups of 10 (2 ranks of 5). These are known as 'Marauder Wings'.

-Give your Chaos Warriors shields as well. Sure, they won't be able to use them in close combat, but they'll come in handy against enemy missile fire.

- I see you're still doing the '40K 6'es' thing on the Marauder Horsemen...:D

- Unless you really like them, I'd drop the daemonettes on foot. You have enough infantry as it is, and they're pretty fragile and don't even hit that hard. The points would be better spent on, say, an unmarked chariot, a unit of furies, or that second sorcerer.

AbyssRaven
26-10-2007, 17:30
Some comments:

- I'd probably take your lord (lady?) off his steed and out of the knight unit. give him a steed of slaanesh and stick him with the mounted daemonettes, your opponent will have multiple threats to worry about. Also, if you put him with the daemonettes, he'll be in combat by turn two, which is where you want him.
Its Dropped. Shes form the knights. i didnt think mortal generals could join demon units?

- One level two wizard will do squat in a 2000 point game. Magic is a bit of an all or nothing affair in WHFB: either take two L2 casters, or no magic at all.
Also, read my comment above about putting sorcerers on Steeds of Slaanesh. You're better off with the armour bonus from a regular steed...
Type from the copy/paste. No points were added, was going to hide her in the marauders

Chosen kngiht added

The flail was a typo again. It is supsoed to be shields.

If i can dig up the points they will get shields

- I see you're still doing the '40K 6'es' thing on the Marauder Horsemen...:D

55spare points. had tog o soemwhere. this way 1 can die and then i have a co-hesive 5man unit!
for the greater good!!! .. of wait thats space Animae in 40k!

- Unless you really like them, I'd drop the daemonettes on foot. You have enough infantry as it is, and they're pretty fragile and don't even hit that hard. The points would be better spent on, say, an unmarked chariot, a unit of furies, or that second sorcerer.

Whats not to like about near naked women with pointy claws?
Which would you recomend for my list? Sorceror, harpies or chariot?
Also if i drop the top sorc, and these demonettes. SHould i get 5 chaos kngihts, another unit of warriors, or somethign else?
Also if i put the lord(ess?) in the mounted demonettes(if its allowed) should i bump them up to 9+her?

der_lex
26-10-2007, 18:01
A mortal general can join a demonic unit if he's riding a demonic steed, like the steed of slaanesh.

There's almost never a reason to give cavalry ranks in WHFB, unless you're playing brets...so 5 mounted daemonettes will do just fine (and will be a good representative for the near naked women faction).

As for having 55 points to spare... for 5 more you'd have a Spawn, and for 20 more a Spawn of Slaanesh or a unit of 5 furies. I'd personally gladly drop a Power Stone for that.

As for what to add...I'm really torn between the additional L2 sorcerer and 5 or 6 furies. Is there a way you could squeeze both in? There are still some things that could be dropped from the list, like the Power Stone, the 6th man on the horsemen units, and possibly the steed(s) for the sorcerer(s). (I'm too lazy to calculate the points values for you...I'll gladly give advice, but I hate doing the math. Thank god I have Armybuilder to do it for me for my own lists :D)

AbyssRaven
27-10-2007, 06:09
No steed on sorcerours.

225from the 15demonettes + 30 from the 6th marauders. gives me 255. Minus 14ish for a steed of slaanesh on the lord. Minus the power stone is +25 so 274points well call it. Now remove 175 for another lvl 2 wizard. leaves 100. i can get 6 furies and have 10spare points.

AbyssRaven
27-10-2007, 06:13
This is how the list looks now

Salmissra the Eternal, Lord of Slaanesh – 333pts
Mark of Slaanesh
Blade of Blood
Pendant of Slaanesh
Shield
Steed of Slaanesh

Agatha, Sorceress of Slaanesh – 170pts
Mark of Slaanesh
Level 2
Dispel Scroll

Veralla, Sorceress of Slaanesh – 170pts
Mark of Slaanesh
Level 2
Dispel Scroll

Core
Warriors of the pink Rose– 351
15 Chaos Warriors
Mark of Slaanesh
Halberds
Full Command
Warbanner

**Couldnt find the points for Shields

Tribe of the White Rose – 275
25 Marauders
Shields
Light Armour
Full Command

The Chosen Knights of Salmissra – 295
5 Chosen Chaos Knights
Mark of Slaanesh
Full Command

Tribe of the Red Rose – 81
5 Mounted Marauders
Flails
Musician

Tribe of the Blue Rose – 81
5 Mounted Marauders
Flails
Musician

Demons
5 Mounted Demonettes - 150

6 Furies - 90

Total: 1996

Models: 15 Heavy Infantry, 15 Light infantry, 10 Light Cavalry, 5 Heavy Cavalry, 2 Lvl 2 Wizard, 15Demonettes, 5 Demon Light Cavalry, Lord on Demon Cavalry

der_lex
27-10-2007, 12:01
I'd say it's a good list, but your best bet would be luring Neknoh to this thread, he's our resident Slaanesh expert...

AbyssRaven
27-10-2007, 15:42
Its worth a try.
Hmm thinkif i hung a Pint of beer on the end of a stick over it? Cause you know...slaanesh is the god of sex, drugs & rock n roll (the alchole ebing under the drugs section of cource)