PDA

View Full Version : Question on sister of battle/witch hunters.

7thOffensive
26-10-2007, 13:49
Is the throne of judgement on part with a special dreadnaught?

And is the saint about like a bloodthrister?

Adra
26-10-2007, 13:59
Very odd questions....no and no :)

7thOffensive
26-10-2007, 14:02
im talking about respective power levels, not nature and fluff.

Crazy Tom
26-10-2007, 14:12
Wrong forum, then. This one is all about 'nature and fluff'. :p

Setrus
26-10-2007, 14:45
I'm not sure I understood the question., but...

If you look at the throne of judgement: It probably wouldn't beat a dreadnought in either fluff nor reality. As to what it is I'm not sure, the description just says it's an ancient thing found in a crypt.
Dreadnoughts are ancient too though so maybe it was constructed on a similar idea but with different purposes?

As to the saint: In the game I'm pretty sure that a greater daemon would crush the little girl to paste (though sister players might protest with the whole "spirit of the martyr" thing...I havent tested it.) In pure fluff I'd say that the daemon would be more destructive and potent in general...but that they would be equal in power when facing off. (Come on! it's a given! Big dramatic duel of idielogy!)

Was any of that the answer you were looking for?

heretics bane
26-10-2007, 15:11
If you count that they both walk on two legs:eyebrows: otherwise mainly no as dreadnoughts are used for sustaining a mortaly injured hero, but the throne you can site on and control via telepathy(i think)

As for Saint celestin, i would say why not!? she is blessed by the big E so i reckon using her faith and the large amount of blessed weapons she would be carrying and the fact that she is holy! would naturaly repell one like a grey knight would as both of them are so pure

Sikkukkut
26-10-2007, 15:49
For what it's worth, on the Bloodthirster question...

(spoilers for Sabbat Martyr follow)

the Living Saint manifestation of Saint Sabbat went toe-to-toe with Enok Innokenti at the height of the battle for the Herodor doctrinopolis and won, and from the way he's described Innokenti seems to be at least at Greater Daemon level in raw battlefield terms.

chromedog
27-10-2007, 07:21
Imperial technology does not use telepathic controls (outside the SM and some rogue, heretical Inquisitors).
It's more than likely that the throne is controlled by a 'mind-impulse' link - as even the relatively primitive knuckle-dragging primates of the Human Imperium have managed some facsimilie of this (and it is in no way comparative to the eldar psychically attuned crystal matrices that allow them to operate their devices with consummate skill and poise).

But no, even in power level and disregarding fluff, they are not identical.
Perhaps, in days past, they might have been (RT) but under 4th ed, they are no longer.

As for the SoB Q ... nfi on that one. On occaision, an imperial guardsman can better a bloodthirster (I know an eldar guardian can - chuckle ).