PDA

View Full Version : Scotland 2 Norway 1

Big_Bear_Scot
07-09-2005, 21:31
Well done, :cool:

A really good performance, I honestly did not think we would back in the contention for the playoff place after the shambles of a start that Berti presided over.

I really hope we don't have the usual glorious failure that plaques us through our footballing history.

I am just going to crack open a few cans of beer to celebrate anybody want to join me ? :)

Venomizer
07-09-2005, 21:43
I have to hand it to Walter Smith

he's turned the demoralised, tactical mess that was Scotland in the Vogts era and turned them into a team that plays with pride and can hold there own with anyone placed in front of them

Big_Bear_Scot
07-09-2005, 21:51
I have to hand it to Walter Smith

he's turned the demoralised, tactical mess that was Scotland in the Vogts era and turned them into a team that plays with pride and can hold there own with anyone placed in front of them

Everybody was saying that we did not have the same talent coming through ranks as we did in the old days(how could you get the same caliber as Dalglish, Souness, Law, Cooper, Johnstone or Baxter), and that was the reason that Berti was failing.

But the Walter Smith era has shown that if you can get your tactics right and more importantly you can get your player enjoying playing with the national team then you will at least get some good performances if not victories.

Oh yes. I am on my third can, seems like I am going to have a long night tonight ;)

Cade
07-09-2005, 23:02
Well I'm already pished.

The double has been done.
Scotland soundly beat a team widely regarded as better than us......and Ingerland get beaten by a minnow.

Makaber
08-09-2005, 01:12
Norway played crap. I'm ashamed. Though, all things being said, Scotland is a very honest nation to lose against.

Big_Bear_Scot
08-09-2005, 07:30
Norway played crap. I'm ashamed. Though, all things being said, Scotland is a very honest nation to lose against.

It seemed to me that Norway looked like a shadow of there usual self, was there a lot of players out ?

Or did Norway just expect to turn up and beat Scotland ?

Thud
08-09-2005, 11:44
Well, yes, Norway had a lot of players out, but that's no excuse. They played awful.

wanderingblade
08-09-2005, 12:06
You can only play as well as you're allowed to - as England found out as well.

Massive credit due to Scotland and particualrly Miller, who I've always heard described as a Donkey. Those are two massive results, and I just hope that Scotland can maintain this form to the Euro qualifiers, regardless of whether they qualify here and now. Although at current form it'll be Scotland in Germany, not England.