PDA

View Full Version : Sort of boring khorne cavalry list

Finnigan2004
27-10-2007, 15:05
This is a list that I'm making based on some cool conversions that I have. I think that the list will be pretty effective, but it is a typical sort of khorne cavalry list. I plan to use it in a tournament, so any suggestions about effectiveness and composition are welcome. I could basically make it a list of any chaos power, but I think that Tzeentch (the only other one I'm very interested in) would be very heavily nailed for composition. The army theme is mounted werewolves, so if you can think of another army with suitably tough statlines for figures, I could use them too.

Khorne Lord 410 pts.
Mark of Khorne
Juggernaut
Shield
Blade of blood
Armour of tortured souls
Collar of Khorne

Exalted Champion 240 pts.
Mark of Khorne
Juggernaut
Berserker sword
Enchanted shield

Exalted Champion 240 pts.
Mark of Khorne
Juggernaut
Rending sword
Enchanted shield

Exalted Champion 201 pts.
Mark of Khorne
Barded chaos steed
Sword of might
Bane shield

4 Chosen knights of Khorne 325 pts.
Full command
Banner of rage

4 Knights of Khorne 227 pts.
Full command

Full command

Full command

5 Chaos hounds 30 pts.

5 Chaos hounds 30 pts.

5 Chaos hounds 30 pts.

5 Chaos hounds 30 pts.

5 Chaos hounds 30 pts.

2247 pts.

0 cd 10 dd

FlylikeaMouse
27-10-2007, 18:13
Now that really is boring...
You just want to win i take it.

SkawtheFalconer
27-10-2007, 18:55
You've sunk a mountain of points into those characters - you're going to feel it if any of them get taken out, which isn't impossible. The problem with Khorne, of course, is that you're going to get baited often.

SilverWarlock
27-10-2007, 19:31
that army is not only boring but actually rather weak.

You have only 4 units of dogs (which can be killed by even moderate shooting) and the rest is frenzied. You will have huge problems against armies that can manoeuver or bait you or hide in terrain (I just named all elves, all hordes and most any strong list).

You also only have 4 units and though they are strong, the fact that they can be baited means your characters should not see combat against a good opponent.

If you want to play a full out khorne cavalry list you can go with 2 exalted champions as charcters, have 8+ units of dogs/marauder horsemen as screeners and more units of knights.

5 khorne knights (let alone chosen) are plenty to go breaking the ennemy head on, only very few units can hold them so you just need a pair of characters and maybe 1 unit chosen to deal with the toughest ennemies.

Having more units and more screeners makes baiting a lot harder and poses more threats (so is a lot harder to avoid).

I have been up against some khorne lists, and the ones with characters and few units arent scary at all because you can easily avoid/disctract those few units and pick them off one by one.

Finnigan2004
28-10-2007, 02:37
Thanks for the comments guys, I do agree on the better army using more hounds, but like I said it's mostly a list to shoehorn in the cool models that I have. The characters are a little heavy for sure, but after working to convert the models I feel like they have to be there. I could, however, adjust them to anything with the appropriate base sizes. They would be way tougher with Tzeentch rules, but I think that turning the knights and heroes over to Tzeentch would get comped to heck. "Weaker" armies are favored in the environment they are being used in-- maybe weaker isn't the right word because lots of them are pretty tough. Rather, people hate magic, so armies with less magic and lots of scroll caddies might be a more appropriate way to characterize it. Sort of annoying for those who like to have a magic phase, but that's just the way that it is. What do you think for other chaos marks? I've never really used Nurgle or Slaanesh. Would their cavalry lists be cooler? Basically I'm picking khorne because I've used khornate daemons a lot and have experience managing frenzy.

The Sword 88
28-10-2007, 04:49
Those Chosen Knights cost 370, you forgot the pts for the Mark of Khorne.

You added all the Knight's pts up wrong.

MarcoPollo
29-10-2007, 03:07
Any character over 300 pts is a waste in most cases. Your lord is 400+. Tone him down. You don't need the ld as khorne units are immune to psychology anyways. So can take down a mountain with him. Big deal, you can still take down said mountain with an exalted of khorne and a beserker sword. This leaves a whole lot of points for other toys:D