PDA

View Full Version : Lost Valley of Carnosaur List

Porksta
08-09-2005, 01:05
I have a couple of questions regarding the LVoC list:

Can the LVoC take DoW?

Is it immposible for LVoC to flee in their deployment zone from combat, seeing as though they pass all LD tests?

Is a Great Wyrms AS 3+ or 4+?

The Coatl's special spell is used before the game begins, so do you cast it beforehand or what?

taer
08-09-2005, 04:25
Well, if the list itself makes no mention of DoW (usually located in the rare entry section), than no, DoW may not be chosen. As far as any of us have been able to ascertain, the Coatl's special spell is entirely impossible to cast, due to the fact there is no magic phase before the game starts, nor is there any provision in the Coatl's rules for a pre-game magic phase to be played. So, conceivably, you could cast the spell during one of your turns, but it won't have any effect since the effects of the spell are worked out before the game even begins. Kinda ex post facto. The others, I've no idea.

mielherne
08-09-2005, 17:58
No, DoW as it is not listed in the armylist. How would some beast hire a units of DOF anyway ?

As on the other questions, i don't know.

EvC
08-09-2005, 18:32
Whassis? Can I get a linksy to the army list please? :)

librerian_samae
08-09-2005, 19:47
yeah it sounds intresting and i for one have never heard of this list before

Hideous Loon
08-09-2005, 19:51
What is this thing, a Lizzie armylist where all Saurus Chars (not just Oldbloods) can ride Carnies? And where you can have Unridden Carnies as Rare choices?

FYI, carnus means meat/flesh in Latin...

mielherne
08-09-2005, 20:08
a list with only the monsters of the Lizardmen army. To be fond in Chronicles 2004, not in a UK WD.

I think i'm going to put my website online for everybody so you can check yourself all the different things for every army.

librerian_samae
08-09-2005, 21:18
sigh yet another artical/list the uk has yet to even hear of then, i'm getting quite fed up of this :mad: ....

Porksta
08-09-2005, 22:47
So, thanks for thread crapping.

Griefbringer
09-09-2005, 07:33
Can the LVoC take DoW?

Is it immposible for LVoC to flee in their deployment zone from combat, seeing as though they pass all LD tests?

Is a Great Wyrms AS 3+ or 4+?

The Coatl's special spell is used before the game begins, so do you cast it beforehand or what?

Sorry, it took me a bit long to get time to dig up the list and get an opportunity to post my answers:

1.) DoW is not an allowed choice, as it is not on the list (I presume that the lizards would eat up any Tilean mercenary at the first sight, not giving him much choices to negotiate a contract).

2.) Though they will pass any Ld-tests, they can still be broken, if the enemy has some special rule that auto-breaks losing enemy without resort to an Ld-test (fear comes to my mind). In a similar way the lizards will only pass a rally-test if they are allowed to take it (ie. they have 25% or more of the original number remaining).

3.) No idea, ask Phil Kelly - if in doubt I would go by the 4+ version.

4.) See what taer wrote - as it is currently written, the spell is totally useless.

asparagus
09-09-2005, 08:36
You can download the list as a pdf-file from the German GW site:

http://www.games-workshop.de/warhammerworld/warhammer/lustria/index.shtm

and then you have to klick on

Das Tal der Carnosaurier

and there are also rules for a dinosaur duel (Dinoduell, a few lines below)

... but it's in German.

librerian_samae
09-09-2005, 09:53
cool thanks for the link, I'll have a look at that :)