PDA

View Full Version : share sibling interests

Xhalax
08-09-2005, 01:36
Does any of you out there in Warseer land have siblings that share your interesting/hobby in 40K/WH?

Or in any interest/hobby?

I do.
I love 40K and it's all my older siblings fault (he frequents Warseer also....for those of you who were not aware). So it was his evil influnece over me that got me here today.

So...can anyone else claim anything similar?
Or am I the only one with an actual blood relative on the boards?

Kiro
08-09-2005, 01:50
My older brother used to lurk on Portent, but he only actually joined near to The Fall. We used to do share almost every hobby or interest, and we shared a mutual love of 40K/WHFB, now we've both drifted away from the game, with him starting first. We've got a neat situation going on, where our tastes and interests are shared, but also opposed.

Son of Morkai
08-09-2005, 03:08
My mother and I go to open gaming night every Friday and lay waste in various board games (Settlers of Catan, Carcasone, Puerto Rico, Cults Across America, etc.). She doesn't like Warhammer, though she knows enough I can sit there and chat about my latest idea.

But sometimes she doesn't really pay attention and will turn to stare at me and ask "Chaplain armed with flying *******?" Or "An Inquisitor with naked henchmen?"

Hippy In Peril
08-09-2005, 03:47
My mom and I like guns. Old guns, handguns, new guns, what have you. It's funny. I'm still trying to get her to shoot the Enfield with me. She has a problem with shooting bolt actions. She's more used to handgun-shooting, whereas I'll shoot anything that has a trigger... a lot. Still, we have a good time, and waste a lot of ammunition.

Penitent
08-09-2005, 04:51
Wow, there are some cool moms out there.

My mom don't share too many affinities, except for a mutual love for the arts, and for Maryland Blue Crabs.

My sister and I share an affinity for geeky things in general, though not 40k.

The boyz
08-09-2005, 11:06
Me and Dad go fishing together and shooting but thats about it really. Oh yeah and we both love LandRovers and old British cars like Triumphs and old Rovers. We both support Everton F.C. aswell, but apart from that we dont really have much incomen. He likes football and so do I, but I prefer to watch a good game of Rugby or a good boxing match.
My sister did do Warhammer for a bit but that was for only like a year then she stopped.
Actually thinking about it me and Dad do have alot incomen, we both like the Beatles and share the same interest in music, I tend to think more like my Dad when it comes to life and stuff. Mum and my sister are not very good when it comes to dealing with stress and other life problems.

Vaya
08-09-2005, 11:09
How did we go from siblings and wargaming to parents and guns? ;)

I have a little sister, and she couldn't care less about Warhammer.

Wiseman
08-09-2005, 11:17
and only in 4 posts as well!

my family shares nothing in common with me, except that they like football (though mum was a manchester united fan, though recently i found out she has a soft spot for everton and chelsea)

ironduke
08-09-2005, 11:27
My little brother has an on and off interest in the hobby but i think that has been whittled away. Me elder brothers hate the hobby and my little sister isn't interested but sometimes watches me paint and looks in my magazines. (White Dwarfs for anybody with dirty minds)

@Boyz: I find its exactly the same with me and my dad we also share same music tastes. Go Beatles. We also have the same attitude to life and stuff and tend to be stress free where my mum on the other hand is like a powder keg ready to explode about a book on the floor (I'm not kidding)

Luke
08-09-2005, 11:50
well, my brother has been in the hobby nearly as long as i have. i admit he's actualy a better gamer and tactician than me, but my painting is way Skillest!:D

he also has a fleeting on-off interest in motorbikes.

we both love 80's tat-cartoons collectables.

we both have extensive tattoos

but thats about it.

nurgle_boy
08-09-2005, 12:07
well... my sis has no interest in anything i do, even though i try to take an interest into what she does...

my mum sometimes listens, although doesnt understand much other than orcs being the 'green ones' and that squigs are cool.

sucks really...

Vaya
08-09-2005, 13:08
Ehh, doesn't your mom contribute to your Nurgle sorceror costume as well? :D

nurgle_boy
08-09-2005, 13:46
well, she's supposed to... if she doesnt hurry up i may not have it ready... :(

ill definatly take my staff a,ong though, so i can be recognised, and cause trouble with the security!

N'bel
08-09-2005, 15:04
Me and my brother both play 40k and Fantasy, we disagree on who's better though. We are also both huge Star Wars nerds :p he used to come on here as Lumpin but since the fall we just used my account.

Snoozer
08-09-2005, 15:44
I have like nothing in common with anyone in my family, except with my brother, with who I have most things in common, most importantly Warhammer (of course I'm more interested in Warhammer, but that's because I'm a neurotic freak and can't do anything in moderation).

:D

Xhalax
09-09-2005, 01:12
I truth, I share some sort of interest with every member of my family. Although we do drive enough other very nuts at times.....so much so i had to move out before i went absolutely stir-crazy.

Kohhna
09-09-2005, 08:43
Me and my Sister are both big fans of Buffy / Angel. Yhough thats about as far as it goes. we are like Cheese and chalk in most other ways.

Kamin_Majere
09-09-2005, 11:21
Me and my brother ((I know a shock to those that know/remember me, I actually do belong to a family)) have nothing in comman. I believe we are the two most polarly oppisite siblings in existance. He is southern to the extreme with hunting, guns, fishing, the accent, the wearing of camoflauge at all times of the year and the list simply gets worse from there. Where as i'm intellectual, a gamer, dress GQ is I can at all help it and am totally un-southern. About the only thing we have in comman is the fact he likes to raid the bar I have a tmy house for free alcohol.. :confused: so I suppose that not really something in comman but its about all I have to I can connect to him with lol

My cousin is about the only one I actually share any intrests with and hes into almost all of the same hobbies that I am so at least I do have some family thats not hopelessly lost

McMullet
09-09-2005, 11:52
I've played a couple of games of Warhammer with my sister. I don't think she was particularly overawed by it...

We get along prety well, or at least we have done since I left home to start uni (5 years ago now - damn, that makes me feel old). I suppose we have a few things in common, like music, hiking, and we both enjoy chopping firewood with the big nasty felling axe.

salty
09-09-2005, 12:13
My younger brother also plays Warhammer 40k, and my cousin's cousin is a GW artist (or maybe former GW artist with all the people they're laying off)

Salty :)

lord_blackfang
09-09-2005, 13:10
I don't have any siblings, and the only hobby I share with my parents is freediving (and spearfishing with my father.)