PDA

View Full Version : Radiant Gem Of Hoeth

marv335
27-10-2007, 23:49
Radiant Gem of Hoeth, Am I right in thinking that a normal character can still cast magic using this even if he's wearing armour.
I was under the impression that you can't cast magic while wearing armour.
my other armies are Dwarfs and Tomb Kings so I'm not used to using magic much :p

High Elves are a bit of a change, I want to use all the Phases for a change :D

Red_Lep
28-10-2007, 00:08
Haven't seen the new book but as of the old one yes, its an exception to the no armor rule.

Xavier
28-10-2007, 00:25
There isn't a restriction on casting spells in armour anymore (Unless I'm being very blind)

The only, restriction is that mage's for the most part, can't buy armour and thus don't have access to magic armour, (yes there are some exceptions, but these are just that, exceptions, not the rule.)

So in answer to your question, yes a model wearing armour can cast spells when using the radiant gem of hoeth as it is no longer a rule that you can't cast while wearing armour.

Incidentally, I am open to correction on this, since it is only my interpretation, though it does make the most sense given the rewording of the item in question...

Gorbad Ironclaw
28-10-2007, 06:40
You are quite right, there are no longer a blanket rule saying you can't cast spells in armour. So unless there are some special rule that says differently(the loremaster honour used to have that I believe), any spellcaster who can get a suit of armour, can cast in it.

kris.sherriff
28-10-2007, 15:04
There isn't a restriction on casting spells in armour anymore (Unless I'm being very blind)

The only, restriction is that mage's for the most part, can't buy armour and thus don't have access to magic armour, (yes there are some exceptions, but these are just that, exceptions, not the rule.)

So in answer to your question, yes a model wearing armour can cast spells when using the radiant gem of hoeth as it is no longer a rule that you can't cast while wearing armour.

Incidentally, I am open to correction on this, since it is only my interpretation, though it does make the most sense given the rewording of the item in question...

Thats what I told him but we though we should open it up to the wider world.
I am sure it was jsut one of the 6th ed changes that people forget as it dosn't come to light that often.

Kris

Xavier
28-10-2007, 15:48
There are a few of those smaller changes, which don't make a massive deal of difference, but are good to know because they bring up some different situations, this for example.

I don't recall it being a much hyped change though...