PDA

View Full Version : What I got instead of the Baneblade

Vic
28-10-2007, 03:21
I've been eyeing the baneblade....ALOT recently. But I was able to reisist.

Month ago, instead of ordering the baneblade, I got some COD ruins

2 weeks ago, I got the SM suppression force instead of the baneblade (after a long discussion on here about justifying a baneblade for a SM army).

This week, I bought a 320GB SATA hard drive for my computer (I am now the proud owner of a terrabyte on my PC) for $79 at Sams Club.

Next paycheck, I have to get a pretreatment water filter for my house ($100 total). I might get a bits Land Raider and use the hatch sprues form my WW from the suppression force that I have left over.

Paycheck after that, gifts for my 5 kids and my wife. She wants a stand up 25' freezer).

IF GW has any baneblades left around tax time, I MIGHT be able to get one. Other than that, I will have to admire the BB from afar.

Any one else in the same leaky boat as I?

LoneSniperSG
28-10-2007, 03:43
Dude. I've had worse. My local store got their first baneblade and no one can buy it, because they didn't get the order invoice from GW.

Gwedd
28-10-2007, 05:31
Comrade,

Oh yeah. I've got three kids and I know how that goes. We had to replace a washer and dryer that both died in the same week. Ouch...

Raising a family is putting a serious dent into my gaming budget, not to mention my beer budget... sigh...

Fortunately, I still have a number of projects to finish, so it's not like I don't have anything to work on, but the impule-buying days are gone for the near term.

Respects,

Vineas
28-10-2007, 05:51
Don't think you gotta worry bout GW not having Baneblades when you can afford one as it is not a limited release. LGS may not have one when you can afford it but for as long as you live you will be able to buy one.

I'm thinking of starting IG just to have an excuse to have one, seeing as the only legal army outside of IG can only take them in Apoc games. I own IA1 so no problem using it in regular games of 40k.

theshadowduke
28-10-2007, 09:23
Man I feel for you guys. I bought one the first weekend, on a whim, then worried about paying my car insurance. Then I won my second in a raffel

CheeriO
28-10-2007, 10:32
Imagine how bad it is going to high school, having no income and then seeing about 20 people in your Games Workshop buying Baneblades on the day of their release, knowing you won't have one for at least a couple of months because you have to wait for your birthday.

It'll be worth the wait.

Visionary
28-10-2007, 10:38
When Apocalypse came out the Baneblade looked so sweet...

Then I remembered I can't glue tank tracks for fwibble :cries:.

AbyssRaven
28-10-2007, 10:43
Or finding out the baneblade is useless for your army and justa point sink. Add i your force sint big enough for Apocalypse games yet.

d'oh!

Killgore
28-10-2007, 12:36
how about fracturing an ankle during the summer just before your due to start a new job then the goverment diddles you out of any incapacity benefit for the 2 months that your a cripple?

i really wanted a plastic baneblade :( i really did

atm im too busy digging out of my dept hole to afford one.

crandall87
28-10-2007, 12:53
Don't worry everyone. It will be Christmas in two months so we will be even more out of pocket. I'm glad I don't want a baneblade just yet lol

Bassik
28-10-2007, 13:15
My friend's proud Baneblade never saw action... damn Necron Pylons! (My own Chaos Baneblade wasn't even glanced the entire game)

Staurikosaurus
28-10-2007, 15:06
Don't worry guys, Baneblades are regular line now so you'll be able to pick one up for quite some time. Worst case scenario they'll be direct service only after Christmas but still obtainable.

Dude. I've had worse. My local store got their first baneblade and no one can buy it, because they didn't get the order invoice from GW

The Baneblade's with no invoice were for the store managers. Every GW manager (and some independent retailers) got a Baneblade for free before release.

mnbrit
28-10-2007, 15:20
i know the feeling, i wanted a baneblade too, but its close to x-mas, and over here in the US we have such things as health insurance to pay for. i am also married with one child and another on the way. so buying a baneblade is pretty much out for me unitl the government decides to do something about us working poor.

beside my guard army really isnt big enough to justify a baneblade so i might just buy a demolisher instead.

Gwedd
28-10-2007, 15:38
i know the feeling, i wanted a baneblade too, but its close to x-mas, and over here in the US we have such things as health insurance to pay for. i am also married with one child and another on the way. so buying a baneblade is pretty much out for me unitl the government decides to do something about us working poor.

beside my guard army really isnt big enough to justify a baneblade so i might just buy a demolisher instead.

Comrade,

I hear you. I'm self-employed, so not only do I have to come up with health care, but I have to generate my own work to pay myself :)

Still and all, if all folk's have to worry about is coming up with $100.00 for a plastic model kit, then life isn't too terribly bad, eh?

respects,

Raven1
28-10-2007, 15:50
Still and all, if all folk's have to worry about is coming up with $100.00 for a plastic model kit, then life isn't too terribly bad, eh?
respects,

There is a good way to think about it. I myself, have no kids...yet, but I am a student, who pays outrageous tution because I'm from a neighboring state. I can feel the pain. It hurts real bad. Though, like Gwedd said, "if it's just a model you can't afford then we're ok, cuz there could be other things; health insurance, car insurance, rent etc.

Nugottlich
28-10-2007, 16:08
Too true. In fact if the worst thing in my life isn't being able to afford (aka justify to my significant other) a Baneblade then life is pretty sweet.

BladeWalker
28-10-2007, 16:10
I don't get the hype, they look rediculously large sitting next to any other models (even other vehicles). I have no interest in having a model that I can't move on the tabletop or store with my other models. I'd rather build a base with static guns on it than have a big brick of a tank that just sits there and shoots, but to each his own. :D

(I did get tons of Chaos stuff instead of a Baneblade to remain on topic)

catbarf
28-10-2007, 16:18
I'm showing restraint. Instead of a Baneblade, I'm getting an Imperial Guard Company.

;)

Actually, I'll get both :D

Chaplain Nikolai
28-10-2007, 16:25
Hooray for having parents pay for things!

*puts on helmet for inevitable flying projectiles thrown in my direction*

Vic
28-10-2007, 18:21
No hate for those sucking on their parent teets for their GW fix. I was the same way way back when. When you grow up though, reality is going to hit you like a cup of ice water....

jason_sation
28-10-2007, 18:40
I'm showing restraint. Instead of a Baneblade, I'm getting an Imperial Guard Company.

;)

Actually, I'll get both :D

I'm new to the game, but I'm a big fan of the IG. I really want to get a Baneblade, but I really need to get another Battleforce (I have one) to fill out my army first!

TheMav80
28-10-2007, 18:43
No hate for those sucking on their parent teets for their GW fix. I was the same way way back when. When you grow up though, reality is going to hit you like a cup of ice water....

Growing up is for suckers. :p

Killgore
28-10-2007, 18:58
When you grow up though, reality is going to hit you like a cup of ice water....

a cup? i was thinking more along the lines of falling into a ice lake

Firebird
28-10-2007, 19:22
I'm in a different situation. My local store has yet to get the Apoc books, vortex templates, Baneblades and some assorted boxes because, surprise surprise : UPS ****ed up. Rather than sending the order to Lisbon - Portugal, they sent it to somewhere named Lisbon in the USA. How does one **** up so much? I don't know, they just did.

lord_blackfang
28-10-2007, 19:34
I'm in a different situation. My local store has yet to get the Apoc books, vortex templates, Baneblades and some assorted boxes because, surprise surprise : UPS ****ed up. Rather than sending the order to Lisbon - Portugal, they sent it to somewhere named Lisbon in the USA. How does one **** up so much? I don't know, they just did.

My local Indy here in Slovenia also only got half the shipment - I suppose the rest got sent to Slovakia, or perhaps Singapore :rolleyes:

We had to make apocalyptic blast templates for the megabattle on release day out of PVC foil...

Son_Of_A_Horus
28-10-2007, 19:44
I haven't bought one yet. Don't see the point to be honest lol. It's a big ass tank that is just going to be a bullet magnet and I have seen them go down in one turn....that's a lot of points to lose in one turn....

AngryAngel
28-10-2007, 21:41
Hey everyone..not everyone has a bandblade..I don't..thought for the apoc games I would like one or two..I did get a marine battle company though. Which gave me a whole bunch of plastic dev weapons "needed"..a lot of rhinos I can use as many diffrent tanks with the right bits "needed" and all the marines I should ever need "always need more marines..well not anymore..but did".

That unfortunately drained me completely and with bills, and christmas..I'll be joining the ranks of the apoc gaming banebladeless..I'll need to trust in the emperor..swarms of power armor..and my lascannons more then ever.

Wyatt
28-10-2007, 22:52
Parents paying for them? Pay checks? You guys have it easy, for my birthday I'm getting a codex book and nothing more. (12, yes. And that's pushing it.)

chromedog
29-10-2007, 00:59
I don't need no stinkin' baneblade. I've got a scorpion (well, a tempest - close enough) and a phantom, so a BB is just a great big fat points sink that will be dead turn one.

40k came out when I already had a job (I was 19) so getting parents to buy it was never an issue. Everything I have for my hobby (up until last year), I got with my own money - Now, the wife supports my plasticrack habit. I saw people assembling BBs a couple of weeks back. While it's a nice kit - it's way overpriced for what it is. And decent instructions would help - and numbered parts (all numbered, not just some).