PDA

View Full Version : 2k Daemonic Legion, please assist

StefDa
28-10-2007, 15:53
I'm building a Daemonic Legion list. So far, I've completed the assembly of Be'Lakor (to be used as my Daemon Prince) and three Plagueriders.

LORDS/HEROES:
Daemon Prince, Mark of Chaos Undecided
Spell Breaker, Diabolic Splendour, Lvl 4 Wizard (Fire!)
Daemonic Herald, Mark of Chaos Undecided
Spell Breaker, BSB

CORE CHOICES
16 Plaguebearers
Full command
16 Plaguebearers
Full command
5 Furies

SPECIAL CHOICES:
3 Plagueriders
3 Plagueriders

RARE CHOICES:
Chariot of Nurgle
Extra Daemon-Beast

Total: 1992

Daemon Prince: The general. I've tried to keep his Gifts to a minimum, only giving him what he really needed. Spell Breaker to act as anti-magic, Daemonic Splendour because it's invaluable to me.
Daemonic Herald: I cannot afford to start losing close combats, so here's my answer: A battle standard bearer (who can actually kick some ****). He received a Spell Breaker, for the same reason as for the Prince.
Plaguebearers: Now, you might want me to cut down on these, because they aren't as good as they should be for their cost. But I don't feel Fantasy is Fantasy without a good block or two of infantry, and these are included solely for holding enemy units up in the front, while the true muscles attack from the flank/rear(unlikely).
Plagueriders: These guys are the best unit in the whole Daemonic Legion list, if you ask me. D6+2 attacks each, at Ws+S4 nd poisined? Yes please! And they are even (relatively) fast as well.
Chariot: Extra Daemon-Beast because I could. And because the modelling scope is incredible! Besides, the D6+1 attack from a single Daemon-Beast isn't enough... 2D6+2+two attacks from Plaguebearers+impact hits, NOW we're talking! This thingy is in the list for flank charging whatever the Plaguebearers are holding up front-to-front.
Furies: Again, because I could. Mostly to hunt war machine crews etc. I'm considering swapping one Plaguebearer from each unit with two extra Furies for added durability. Though that would bring me 10 points under :(

List changes
Vs Dwarves:
Prince: -4 lvls of magic, -Spell Breaker, +Radiance of Dark Glory.
Herald: - Spell Breaker, +Diabolic Splendour
Plaguebearers: +4 to each unit.
Furies: +2 Furies.
Total: 2000.

Do you have any tactical tips/whatever you feel I will need? Suggestions for changes? Tips on deployment (expecially needed!) ?
I am considering downgrading each of the Plaguebearer units to 10 man (Daemon) strong, and for those 128 pts adding another Daemonic Herald with 16 pts of Gifts (useless) or another Fury. What do you think? I'm just afraid the 10 Plaguebearers will be unable to perform their only job; holding a unit or two up for just a single turn, until I can charge it with something else.

EDIT: Here's (http://warseer.com/forums/m-p-t-general-discussion/108982-daemonic-legion-and-nurgle.html) my WIP Legion.

StefDa
28-10-2007, 16:40
To add: I plan on using one unit of Plagueriders as a "hammer" and a unit or two of Plaguebearers as an "anvil". The hamemr unit will include my Daemonprince. This way, the unit can almost pick and choose any fight, and should be able to come out on top.

The Black Lotus
28-10-2007, 17:50
isnt the daemonic legion just an army used in the campain "storm of chaos" :P ?

dont realy know how it works ... but as i see it then you have to few units on the table ...

mostly because of the daemonic instability ... it sucks to lose all of your men just because you cant hit **** and lose the combat by 1 or something like that ;)

i have played with daemons a few times ... without any kind of luck :(

but i'll gladly beat the living hell out of your little freaks ;)

StefDa
28-10-2007, 17:55
isnt the daemonic legion just an army used in the campain "storm of chaos"?

Exactly.

dont realy know how it works ... but as i see it then you have to few units on the table ...

A few mighty good units ;)

mostly because of the daemonic instability ... it sucks to lose all of your men just because you cant hit **** and lose the combat by 1 or something like that ;)

But Daemons in this list have +1LD, and their Daemonic Ward Saves are upgraded to ordinary Ward Saves.

i have played with daemons a few times ... without any kind of luck :(

That's because you suck ^.^ tee hee

but i'll gladly beat the living hell out of your little freaks ;)

Bring it on, bitch.

[Godbedamned ten characters...]

SevenSins
28-10-2007, 18:12
diabolic splendor gives the ward save? your entire ermy has a proper ward save if you're playing DL. Looks like a good list except for your very unfitting characters. Go all nurgle!

StefDa
28-10-2007, 18:16
diabolic splendor gives the ward save? your entire ermy has a proper ward save if you're playing DL. Looks like a good list except for your very unfitting characters. Go all nurgle!

You are right about Daemonic Splendour - except that in a Daemonic Legion list, it improves the character's (as well as any unit he has joined) Ward Save to 4+. Talk about 20 pts well spent!

Well, I can't afford to give them both the Mark of Nurgle without fitting all the nice stuff which made me collect a Legion (lots of Plagueriders, chariot, etc) in too. Giving them both the Mark of Nurgle woudl cost me 90 pts :(
Besides, I need the MoCU on the Prince, since that allows him to use the Lore of Fire, the single coolest Lore ever.

Kerill
28-10-2007, 21:19
you could consider mounting the herald on a daemonic mount and dropping the extra daemon beast (since there are many cannons and the like about) would also make the unit he is with much harder and would have the option of charging out against light cavalry etc. if you wished. Hits about as hard as your daemon prince in combat as well (5S5 attacks although at a lower WS).

StefDa
28-10-2007, 21:44
Great idea!
One but: The extra Daemon-Beast for the chariot costs 30 pts, while the Daemon-Beast mount for the Herald costs a whopping 50 pts - which I cannot afford :(

Kerill
29-10-2007, 06:59
Bear in mind they are on a large base so fill forur ranks so you can afford to drop a plaguebearer no problem

samael
29-10-2007, 09:46
To add: I plan on using one unit of Plagueriders as a "hammer" and a unit or two of Plaguebearers as an "anvil". The hamemr unit will include my Daemonprince. This way, the unit can almost pick and choose any fight, and should be able to come out on top.

Sorry but you can't do that, daemonprinces are flyers, they can't join units.
Unless they changed that in the 7th ed in that case DOH and ignore this :)

Belerophon709
29-10-2007, 10:05
Daemon Princes can join units. Flying monsters - be they ridden or unridden - cannot. Daemon Princes are characters and US3.

chaos-nightwing
29-10-2007, 11:07
actually i've wonder lots of times can daemeon Prince or exalted Daemon join units for quite a while. and after reading several times of the rule book, i think they cannot. I might be wrong because of the misreading and my lack of english ability, but just to be save, i want to check with other.

Kerill
29-10-2007, 17:50
They definitely can since they aren't mounted on a flying steed but can fly themselves ergo they can join units. A tzeentch lord mounted on a disk on the other hand can't join a unit because he is mounted.

Also flying characters can't join units of fliers at all.