PDA

View Full Version : 1500 point mortal chaos army please comment

savage_&_proud_of_it
28-10-2007, 16:05
this is my chaos army for a tournement (sorry about the spelling) i am in, feel free to criticize

exalted champion 149pts
great weapon
crimson armour of Dargan (4+ save, pass leadership or can't attack him in cc)
helm of many eyes (always strike first, stupidity) will change this if needs be

aspiring champ of chaos 152pts
shield
mark of tzeentch

aspiring champ of chaos 202pts
shield
mark of tzeentch
2 dispel scrolls

12 warriors of chaos 305pts
mark of khorne
shields
full command
banner of rage (never lose frenzy, re-roll failed break tests)

12 warriors of chaos 273pts
chosen
mark of khorne
shields
full command

charriot of chaos 140pts
mark of tzeentch

charriot of chaos 140pts
mark of tzeentch

charriot of chaos 140pts
mark of tzeentch

feel free to rip it apart and call me stupid for putting together the worst set of troops together in the history of warhammer fantasy

comments welcome

MarcoPollo
29-10-2007, 03:04
Not too bad for a complete mortal army. I think that the general doesn't need the crimson armor. Since he is a general on foot, most opponents will be using their generals ld when they face him. 20 pts that can be spent elsewhere for sure.

You will be outnumbered always, and you should create one unit of marauders with la/hw/shield (around 25 models) to give you a big unit.

Also, I would use the wariors of khorne as knights of khorne instead. Although the chariots can charge a long way, they cannot march and so you need to be able to maneuver better.

You also need some fliers. Perhaps some furries, or screemers of tzeetch to help take out the warmachines and gunlines that will rip your units to shreds.

Lastly two units of warhounds are pretty good to help screen your frenzied units. You should be able to aford them if you change your warriors to maruaders and knights.

Otherwise your army will be too slow and will get shot up pretty bad.