PDA

View Full Version : Help with DoW?

Red_Lep
29-10-2007, 01:11
I've been looking for a new army and Slaanesh and Chaos Dwarf didn't go quite like I would have liked so I'm going to wait to start them(proxied some games) I've always loved DoW so I'm going to give them a try. Heres what I'd like to know.

1. I was wanting to use 2 units of 19 Pikemen with a Captain and a Paymaster but I don't know what to support them with. Should I use Duelists, Dwarfs, or Ogres?(I know they aren't as good as they look and too expensive but they're a personal favorite.)

2. I like the Light Cavalry but how would they be best used and with what kit? I was thinking charging other Fast Cavalry or weaker units with spear/shield.

3. A Giant would be a great unit to take fire away from my Pikemen and its stong but its also expensive(for low point games). I also like the Hot Pot guarded by 10 Halfling archers but its not as strong and won't divert as much fire. Which would be the better choice?

Any help/advice appreciated:D

Khorghan
29-10-2007, 01:16
2. I like the Light Cavalry but how would they be best used and with what kit? I was thinking charging other Fast Cavalry or weaker units with spear/shield.

3. A Giant would be a great unit to take fire away from my Pikemen and its stong but its also expensive(for low point games). I also like the Hot Pot guarded by 10 Halfling archers but its not as strong and won't divert as much fire. Which would be the better choice?

true giants are expensive in low point games but they are amazing in them!

for light cav maybe use the pistolier/outrider box?

Red_Lep
29-10-2007, 01:19
true giants are expensive in low point games but they are amazing in them! QUOTE]

My problem is that Pikemen are only decent if atleast 19+ and thats 190, 220 with a command. I need two so 380-440.

[QUOTE=Khorghan;2043800]
for light cav maybe use the pistolier/outrider box?

I meant game-wise how would they best be used and with what equipment, I pretty much know what models I want for each of the units. Thanks though.

Kerill
29-10-2007, 08:13
I would have thought keep them cheap with just spears for flanking and war machine hunting would be your best bet. Maybe shields as well it depends on whether or not you have spare points. Duellists are one of the best units in the list as well so I'd use them for support your other blocks.

captaincortez
29-10-2007, 18:02
DoW heavy cav are nice and easy to make from Empire or Bret knights. I agree that duellists are the bomb-pistol and additional hw. Also, take at least one cannon or galloper gun team.