PDA

View Full Version : 2k Chrace High Elves

Xavier
29-10-2007, 13:27
I never realised it would be this hard to make a decent High Elf list, though I think I finally have one I am happy with...

Like I said, it is Chrace themed primarily, though obviously not excluding the other provinces. I have a notion of trying to have 'Lion Knights' instead of dragon princes and a few other subtle model conversions to have even the spearmen fit more the 'hunters' theme... Anyway...

Noble
Barded Lion (:p)
Dragon Armour
Shield
Star Lance

Mage
Level 2
Ring of Fury

Mage
Level 2
Dispel Scroll
Jewel of Dusk

17 Spearmen (Joined by a Mage, 6x3)
Standard, Musician

17 Spearmen (Joined by a Mage, 6x3)
Standard, Musician

10 White Lions (2x5 or possibly a wider frontage depending on the situation)
Full Command
Lion Standard

5 Dragon Princes
Full Command
Banner of Sorcery

Lion Chariot
Lion Chariot

5 Ellyrian Reavers
5 Ellyrain Reavers

Bolt Thrower
Bolt Thrower
Great Eagle

I have a few ideas for changes, the main one I was considering was dropping a Lion Chariot and taking Korhil. Or dropping the Banner of Sorcery for a Banner of Arcane Protection, giving a Spearman unit the Banner of Ellyrion and the Mage's Jewel of Dusk for either the Ring of Corin or a second scroll.

Deathraven
01-11-2007, 18:07
I like your list, very themey. You should take Korhil too as he fits your theme so well, and also more white lions. I think white lions will work better with a larger frontage too, maybe take 14 (7x2)?

Kahadras
01-11-2007, 21:56
While I like the list it doesn't feel like a Chrace army TBH. The Dragon princes and Reavers really detract from the overall style IMHO. To get a proper Chrace theme going I'd drop the Dragon princes, spearmen and reavers.

I'd then invest in archers (kind of support the whole 'woodsman' idea better than spearmen), more White lions (beefing up the unit you already have and taking another one of equal size) and another Lion chariot. This would look a lot better IMO as a themed Chrace force.

Kahadras

brambleten
02-11-2007, 21:26
i can understand the reaversm but i would rather take Korhil for his 3 killing blow str 6 attacks

Xavier
03-11-2007, 01:06
I plan to theme the Reavers and Dragon Princes to be more Characian, despite their original provinces...

While I, in some ways, agree that archers better suit the hunters theme, I still want a fairy competitive army, with a theme behind it, so would rather have the spearmen and a solid core, instead of the archers, though am tempted to try and fit 10 in...

Am really tempted to try and get Korhil, maybe drop a spearman unit and stick him in the other one to keep them stubborn as well... hmm...

scarvet
03-11-2007, 02:15
True, White lion riders won't be too bad ;)
Korhil with spear is really good as well
But I don't think the banner of sorcery is safe on the prince; May be good old banner of don't care about forest since they are lions?
And I really hope you can order the Lions.......

Xavier
03-11-2007, 02:19
The lion's are part of a single sprue the chariot is supplied on sadly...

I was planning on giving the single spear unit the banner of Ellyrion to make them, in effect, woodsmen.