PDA

View Full Version : Vamp Heros what we getting?

Elyrioth
29-10-2007, 14:49
Will there be a Vampire Hero for general? I think more than firepower or any other problem this is the bigenst weakness. Under 2000pts is a nice quick game but the "Vampire Count" Army led by a Necromancer just seems to loose its character. A Necrach Thrall uses all its points taking Nehekeras Noble Blood, so again a very week general. Leading to a game of "Protect the General from big chopy death", which is entertaining once or twice but every time!!

Stormtrooper Clark
29-10-2007, 15:49
This will probably get locked or sent to General Fantasy, no questions allowed in News and Rumors.

Gorbad Ironclaw
29-10-2007, 16:32
If anything, VC are actually better at lower point levels than at 2k+ but I think you will find rumours dealing with that in the VC rumour thread.

Bregalad
29-10-2007, 16:59
No news, no rumours? Damn, fooled again :mad:

Kromgrog da Git
29-10-2007, 19:38
Same for me!

Ender Shadowkin
29-10-2007, 21:05
How could you be fooled? He put a question mark in the Thread title . . . thats all the mods usually complain about, the no questions thing is not a rule in the Fantasy forum.

Back to the questions, those are mostly answered in the various VC rumor threads. Necramancer lords are no more (rumored :) ), but I'm not sure if there are requriernments for all forces to be led by a vampire, but my money is on there are.

Khorghan
29-10-2007, 21:21
my guess would be there is like a young vampire maybe otherwise if you want to have a lord its gunna be a vamp and if you want a hero itll be a nercro-doesent seem right as GW wants armies to have diversity

Billpete002
30-10-2007, 03:23
Manfred (old) - Lord (probably add a hero)
Vlad/Isabell (Lord + Hero ((if not 1 more hero))
Manfred Young - Hero
Konrad - Hero
Vampire Lord - Lord Choice
Vampire Thrall - Hero Choice
Necromancer - Hero Choice
Barrow King (Wight Lord) - Hero Choice

Only thing that may be missing is the Necro Lord. I haven't heard anything about him and since they are moving to vampire counts and not necro armies of doom I think he may dissapear altogether (OPINIONATED!)

Core:
Skeletons (maybe upgradable to armored skellies!)
Zombies
Special:
Grave Guard (possibly upgradable to black knights?)
Rare:
Wraith Unit (could be special!)
Black Coach
Knights of the Blood Keep (vampire thrall unit of 5 knights)

things that are missing:
Were-bat/wolf creature (probably rare)
Banshee
Bat Swarms
Spirit Hosts
Wolves
Ghouls

we know there are ghouls but they might be special now with the whole rank up thing. but who knows (other than those chaps who seem to get to have lunch with developers and Rick and Jarvis on their speed dial!) ;)

opforce3
30-10-2007, 04:21
Leading to a game of "Protect the General from big chopy death", which is entertaining once or twice but every time!!

thats why i dont play warmachine anymore

PianoDan
30-10-2007, 05:47
I wonder whether the hero level vampire (I hope they change the name thrall) will be a level 1 caster?...

Gorbad Ironclaw
30-10-2007, 05:55
I think you are overthinking it Billpete. I would rather imagine that most(all) units pretty much stay in the catagory they are in now, with most of the new stuff going into rare, as that sounds like where they would fit in. Big monsters, vampire knights etc. sounds like rare to me. And no reason to change the other units around.

Puzzled as to why you seemed to have removed Black Knights as a unit too.

Wickerman71
30-10-2007, 07:27
things that are missing:
Were-bat/wolf creature (probably rare)
Banshee
Bat Swarms
Spirit Hosts
Wolves
Ghouls

Were-bat/wolf thingy; is not even known if its a character or a single unit type, though I'm praying it's a unit like the Gorger or Scorpion.

Banshee; looks to be an add-on to the new Wraith unit similair to Weapon team or Tzeentch Flamer.

Batswarm; couldn't care less if they dropped them they where sub par in 6th & unplayable in 7th ed., plus the models are crap.

Spirit Host; I think their still in, for no other reason than no other army has lost units or "model types" during the course of this edtion. the real question is what are going to be the etheral rules for 7th.

Dire Wolves; have been indicated by multiple sources to have new plastics on the horizon. There is also rumor doing the rounds that the set is called "Creatures of the Night" perhaps new plastic bats as well.

Ghouls; fail to see how being ranked & plastic warants a move up to special slot status. They are going to be hurt enough with the lack of skirmish making them special would almost guarantee we would never see them in 7th.

What we do seem to be losing is Bloodlines:cries: I'm going to really miss them:cries:. While I do appreciate the fact that a pooled Bloodline power list will add flexibillty. I fail to see how not keeping the Bloodlines them selves could not have been used as well to enhance it. Imagine if you decided to take a Vampire of the Blood Dragon Bloodline & you where restricted on what magic boosting Bloodline abilities you could take or even had to pay a premium on. I doubt that GW or those that have said good riddance to Bloodlines even considered something like this. I don't know which is worse the opportunity lost or the rules them selves. To me Vampires with out Bloodlines is like Chaos without Khorne, Tzeentch, Slaanesh or Nurgle; hopefully the new Vampire book will cure me of that.

RIP Blood Dragon I knew you well & my friends generals feared your bite most of all.
RIP Strigoi for you were my favorite & really liked the skin tone I painted you in.
RIP Necrarch for those times I felt going all magic or had just watched Nosferatu.
RIP Lahmian I knew you least of all; if only your models where better looking.:skull:

Elyrioth
30-10-2007, 16:47
"What we do seem to be losing is Bloodlines I'm going to really miss them"

While we are loosing bloodlines you should still be able to make a Necrarch or BD of your own devising from the vampire powers. As well as that you will have the freedom to make a vampire bloodline of your own choosing. I like that. I really want to be able to play around, I find the bloodlines cliched towards aspects of certain Movies too much for my taste.

Jedi152
30-10-2007, 16:59
I really want to be able to play around, I find the bloodlines cliched towards aspects of certain Movies too much for my taste.
All 5 are present in the 90's movie of Bram Stokers Dracula. Where do you think the ideas for them came from?

;)

Elyrioth
31-10-2007, 13:44
Well the Necrarch is more Nosferatu than Bram stokers dracula I think. I would prefer a lot more freedom

Khorghan
01-11-2007, 19:23
Knights of the Blood Keep (vampire thrall unit of 5 knights)

were does it say thats its 5 knights? you cant do 4 or 6? my guess would be the unkit size to be 3-5 if they are on monster bases.

Merceus
03-11-2007, 19:19
Well they come in a box of 5 for 40... and are the size of Archaon... but that aside, they're supposed to be 4+ unit size... and as far as I've heard Ghouls are still Core and we're losing Counts but not Thralls or Lords... Though I think Lords are getting renamed Counts, meh...