PDA

View Full Version : tomb kings army of settra

huitzilopochtli
29-10-2007, 18:33
hi, i'm just wondering how do people make up the 1500 points which represents settra's elite? i.e. the 1500 points of tomb guard, chariots and heavy cavalry.

i'm trying to work out is there any way to do this cheaply, (i.e. at all), while still making a reasonably competitive list. right now all i have is 5 chariots and 8 heavy cav (well, light cav i don't mind putting spears back onto) and 3 tomb guard, (still need to buy some, i just proxy mostly). so bearing in mind that tomb guard are the most expensive to buy, what should i get in order to make these units total 1500 points?

hope this post makes sense, (they don't always).
cheers to all replies.

Saulot
30-10-2007, 08:42
hi, i'm just wondering how do people make up the 1500 points which represents settra's elite?
i'm trying to work out is there any way to do this cheaply

Wait, let me allow you to clear yourself up a bit... Do you mean: which models should you get to be able to field a 1,500 pt. Setra Army the cheapest (in real money) way possible?

Menset
30-10-2007, 09:48
I think that is what he is asking, also taking into account the models he already has.
Sorry can't help here, i have never thought of fielding Settra.

Red_Duke
30-10-2007, 10:55
You mean Settra the only fieldable in 3k+ games?

Chariots probably... lots and lots of chariots. As with every TK army (if not just every army) the best troops are invariably the most expensive in real terms. So, scorpions are great, but expensive. Same with Ushabti, and of course Screaming Skull Catapults.

Personally though, given that he can't have any liche priests i think he's a bit pony.

StormCrow
30-10-2007, 12:13
Well given that he makes chariots core I'd say lots of chariots and tomb guard. plus a couple of SSc's each with a cheap prince to help them fire in the magic phase (if you want utter magic dominance). Might want to consider the brooch of the great desert when fielding settra as you'll have 4 dispel dice max which usually doesnt really cut it at the 3k point level.

forgottenlor
30-10-2007, 17:58
Has anyone ever fielded Settra? I don't play with special characters and I know the viper queen is a much more popular choice (probably because she can go at 2k and doesn`t cost so much). I'm just curious how he has done. His army seems to have lots of advantages and disadvantages. Personally I would field a ton of chariots with a prince in each unit.

W0lf
30-10-2007, 18:10
A 3K list with a max of 4 Dispel dice...

erm just no?

That list will be TORN to PIECES with little - no problem.

huitzilopochtli
30-10-2007, 19:51
Wait, let me allow you to clear yourself up a bit... Do you mean: which models should you get to be able to field a 1,500 pt. Setra Army the cheapest (in real money) way possible?

thanks. see questions have a way of making themselves undecipherable when they come out of my mouth, or hands as it were.

You mean Settra the only fieldable in 3k+ games?

Chariots probably... lots and lots of chariots. As with every TK army (if not just every army) the best troops are invariably the most expensive in real terms. So, scorpions are great, but expensive. Same with Ushabti, and of course Screaming Skull Catapults.

Personally though, given that he can't have any liche priests i think he's a bit pony.

yes, that Settra.

i'm looking for an exact makeup of units. i.e. how many units of chariots of how many, how to equip them etc. i've tried a few army lists just making up the 1500 points of elite guard and i'm having trouble making anything both effective and cheap to purchase.

yes, the lack of dispell dice is a pain. however i only intend to use him against my dwarf opponents, and my friends blood dragons, which will both have limited magic. my inspiration to use Settra was purely to pit him against a vampire count (or lord) and have him come out on top.

Mad Makz
01-11-2007, 02:18
Settras an interesting list, because while he lacks dispel dice, and dispel scrolls, in return he gets super over powering magic with which to attack and overwhelm the enemy (My will be done on pretty much every unit in your army if that's what you want).

Backed up with a battery of three Screaming Skull Catapults, at least one of which is led by a Tomb Prince (so that he can use My Will be done on it, increasing to 4 screaming skull catapult shots a turn) and a Settra list is nothing to be taken lightly. It's a hugely aggressive TK list, and should be able to move fast enough to compete with even the most magic heavy army.