PDA

View Full Version : HELP, Dwarf Rules need answer

Ronny
29-10-2007, 22:08
Hello i need som answers about some dwarf rules befor ann upcoming local tornement:).

So there are three tings i need to now, but i dont tink there is an easy answers:confused:.

1. If a Thane has a Runic magic hand weapon and a sheild will it get the 1+ exstra armour save in close combat cc.

2. The same thane has an outh stone and use when the unit gets a flank charge agenst it. What about the warriors whit hand weapon and shield in the
flank, do they get the 1+ exstra armour save in cc? :confused:

In Dwarfs army book p.28 it says that the unit don't have any flank ore rear and that the models turn and face the enemy but dont have to do it too the modeles. so i say yes.

3. If a Runesmith has: Gormirl Armor, Shield, Hand weapon and a great weapon.
He gets a save agenst shoting 3+ (GA 4+ and Shield +1)
If he use HW and Shield in cc he has 2+
But if e use GW do he only get 4+ ore du he get the shield also?
not the bounes from 1 & 2.:confused:

So i hope to get some answers, and sorry for my bad english

explorator
29-10-2007, 22:19
1. No
2. Yes
3. GW= no shield

Lord Zarkov
29-10-2007, 22:20
1) Definitly no; a runic weapon loses all the abilities of that weapon (so No HW and shield)

2) Yes, I think, but I'm not sure

3) 3+ against shooting & magic (GA 4+, + shield => 3+)then at the start of combat he must chose to use either his GW or HW and therefore gets either a 4+ or 2+ save respectively against combat attacks (but retains his 3+sv vs shooting and magic)

Artemis
30-10-2007, 13:41
2. Yes, you get the bonus with the oath stone. Every side counts as front. That means you have no flank.

Tog du han?

J

heretics bane
30-10-2007, 14:25
But you can only charge as soon as you set the stone down.

HW+shield=+1 to your armour save and yes they would still get there save, if they get charged in the flank, realisticly there going to turn and face the enemy so treat it as some ones charged your front row but your oppant gets +1 to combat res.

Ronny
30-10-2007, 16:31
Hey thank you all.

@Artemis: nei, (jo seff).

Quote: HW+shield=+1 to your armour save and yes they would still get there save, if they get charged in the flank, realisticly there going to turn and face the enemy so treat it as some ones charged your front row but your oppant gets +1 to combat res

@heretics bane: Ok, but the last part no, he dont get the +1 to combat res

heretics bane
30-10-2007, 23:34
IIRC when some charges you in the flank they get +1 combat res and in the rear +2, i think or if you get charged in the flan you lose your ranks

Belerophon709
30-10-2007, 23:59
The Oath Stone specifically says the unit has no rear/flanks, so it can't be charged in the flank, hence no +1 CR to the enemy for a flank charge and no rank-denial.

AFoolProofPlan
03-11-2007, 22:36
I thought the +1 for HW, and Shield only worked for Rank and file troops. Not for characters

Festus
03-11-2007, 22:39
You thought wrong...

Festus

Crube
03-11-2007, 22:40
Nope, AFAIK (and remember) the rule is for HW + Shield, and isnt restricted for R+F...