PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen list(s)...

paspinall
08-09-2005, 12:36
I am trying to decide on an army to use in warhammer, my brother will likely be playing woodelves and I may face Vampire Counts freqeuntly too (Sylvanian list) That isnt to say this will be the only people I play so here is a list for ONE of my possible armies (others are Empire Bretonnians Vampire counts and possibly Orcs and Goblins) If I get chance before I go away I may post up another of my Lizardmen armies.

Slann Mage Priest
2nd Generation
Cupped Hands of the Old Ones
Divine Plaque of Protection
(expensive yes I know but bear with me and remember this is only one of my Lizardmen lists.

Saurus Scar veteran
Light Armour
Shield
Blessed Spawning of Tlazcotl
Blood Statuette of Spite
Sword of Might
( I am likely going to be using the blood statuette against my brothers mage as he usually only takes the one and this will allow me to dominate the magic phase)

Skink Priest
Level 2 Wizard
Blessed Mark of the old ones
Cloak of feathers

Skink Priest
Level 2 Wizard
Charm of the Jaguar Warrior
Glyph Necklace

16 Temple Guard
Shields
Full Command Group

20 Saurus
Full Command Group

20 Skinks
Scouts

20 Skinks
Scouts

8 Saurus Cavalry
Full Command
Sun Standard of Chotec

15 Saurus
Full Command
Spawning of Tlazcotl
(Scar Veteran joins these)

3 Terradons
(handy for wizard and/or wwarmachines I hope)

Stegadon

10 Chameleon Skinks

2997 points

So what do you guys think?

Forgotten_Hero
08-09-2005, 12:42
IMHO the best Lizard list you can get is

Southlanders

5 priests. 3 scrolls and the Diadem spread over them. All with the mark of Tepok

3+3+4 Terradons
3+3 Salamanders
9*10 Skinks, one of which is scouting

PD: 12 +/- 2
DD: 12 +/- 2

Or

Slann IV gen with diadem, 5th spell, some other whistles (p familiar or 2+ ward)
3 priests with Tepok and 3 scrolls spread among them.

6*10 skinks, one unit with scouting. Dunno how many with bows.
2*3 terradons
5 terradons
2*3 salamanders

Brother Edwin
08-09-2005, 14:25
However acording to Theiron you would need some kroxogors. Avoidance wont get you massacres.

Forgotten_Hero
08-09-2005, 15:07
I disagree, if you are prepared to play the full 6 turns then aviodance can do massacres. The list has amazing mage killing ability with the heavens magic forcing mages into units which turns them into obviuos Teradon targets. If you kill mages you not only get lots of V.P but also the ability for more of your magic to work. Although you don;t kill things fast you definatly kill things.

RdDragon5
08-09-2005, 15:43
Whoa your just starting a warhammer army, and you've already thinking of 3000 points!

I don't know about you, but its normally better to start small and see what units you like, how you like to play that sort of thing.

As for your list it looks alright, except for those two units of 20 skinks. How do you plan to hide 2 models in one spot? Try 14, 13, 13, same points, just more versitile.

Brother Edwin
08-09-2005, 16:08
I disagree, if you are prepared to play the full 6 turns then aviodance can do massacres. The list has amazing mage killing ability with the heavens magic forcing mages into units which turns them into obviuos Teradon targets. If you kill mages you not only get lots of V.P but also the ability for more of your magic to work. Although you don;t kill things fast you definatly kill things.

But how does this list deal with RAF?

Forgotten_Hero
08-09-2005, 16:14
with huge dificulty, the slan Variation deals with it much better. How does any lizard army deal with the RAF though? No too many people play the RAF as it is particuly dirty so just accept its a bad matchup.

Brother Edwin
08-09-2005, 16:33
with huge dificulty, the slan Variation deals with it much better. How does any lizard army deal with the RAF though? No too many people play the RAF as it is particuly dirty so just accept its a bad matchup.

Wouldan the slann be easy to hunt with all those peg knights?

paspinall
08-09-2005, 17:30
RAF list?

And as I said my opponenets with be Wood Elves and Undead

Forgotten_Hero
08-09-2005, 17:40
Not if using life magic and hiding in a wood.