PDA

View Full Version : Bet on Soldier

C. Langana
08-09-2005, 12:58
I was given a link to a demo of a game I had never heard of last night, after an hours gaming I must say I am in love. The visuals and the combat dynamic have a nice WWI /sci fi feel (not sure how that works but it does) and well I like it.
The demo is available from Download.com and various other places. Well worth a try.
Ps if anyone works out how to make the sniper rifle zoom I'd be most appreciative.

Skink Master
08-09-2005, 19:27
A link would be helpful dude, because the average Warseer user is too lazy to go looking for a game, especially if he has no idea what it's called, or what it looks like.

Sounds interesting though.

Warhammer_freak
08-09-2005, 19:46
The demo is great. Makes me want to go buy the game.
To get it to zoom, along with some other guns you need to assign a key to 'Alternate view' or something in the controls menu.

I find it a bit disappointing that you dont get a 'mech' type thing with guns though :(

go to www.megagames.com and download it from the demo's section.

Tomasaurus
08-09-2005, 22:59
i'll be buying it.

Chuffy
08-09-2005, 22:59
Whoa, AOE3 demo!

Downzload.

C. Langana
09-09-2005, 12:35
So thats how you get it to zoom...
sorry about the lack of link, in future I'll stick one in.

Ravening Wh0re
09-09-2005, 14:21
Ah yes, that game. Saw it in a GamesTM or Edge a couple of months ago, and it certainly looked intriguing. I do wonder if it has any depth to it though.

Wintermute
09-09-2005, 19:15
Bet on Soldier has been heavily advertised on Sky One (its sponsoring one of the SF shows - I forget which).

My first impressions of the demo were good. I prefer it to Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 - I was very dissapointed with both of those games.