PDA

View Full Version : Dan Abnett info and a moment of self indulgeance.

dancingmonkey
30-10-2007, 13:22
http://www.danabnett.com/main%20room.htm

thought it might be worth bringing this to peoples attention if they don't already know about it. there are some interesting hints about the future of Gaunts Ghosts and the HH books.

As a side note, I painted the Darkblade model for him, never even knew it was in the public eye. (it did appear on the BL site for a bit, but not any more :( ) (Self indulgeance ends now!)

Gen.Steiner
30-10-2007, 17:56
Huzzah!

"Iím planning on at least another couple of story arcs with the Ghosts."

Thank you, Abnett! We love you! OK, I love you. Same thing... :angel:

ChrisAsmadi
30-10-2007, 20:30
I like the idea of a book of short Inquisition stories. More Eisenhorn = Good. :D

dancingmonkey
31-10-2007, 14:13
Just got an email from Dan with a few bits of info that I will divulge in the near future. I am meeting up with him for a drink and interview on Saturday.

Anyone got anything pressing they want answers for, say now!

Cheers.

Jon.

Gen.Steiner
31-10-2007, 14:20
Two things - one, is he hiring out his cloning facilities, and two, Sinister/Dexter: I really hope that the Moses Wars isn't the last storyline because Sin/Dex are superb.

If he answers those then I'll be a happy monkey. :)

dancingmonkey
31-10-2007, 14:30
no worries sir, I will have a word!
I love Sin Dex too, (part of my interview is about 2000AD) it will be sad to see it end.

Cheers.

Gen.Steiner
31-10-2007, 14:47
Many thanks indeed! :) I look forwards to your report.

Jedi152
31-10-2007, 15:02
Ask him why every 40k player treats him like a god. :p

Seriously: I highly enjoyed his fantasy book Fell Cargo - has he been approached to (or is he planning to) do a follow up book? Or is he embarking on any more (non-Darkblade) Warhammer fantasy work?

Gen.Steiner
31-10-2007, 16:10
Ask him why every 40k player treats him like a god.

You didn't know? He's the God-Emperor, you fool! show some respect! :mad: :p

Norminator
31-10-2007, 19:15
Just got an email from Dan with a few bits of info that I will divulge in the near future. I am meeting up with him for a drink and interview on Saturday.

Anyone got anything pressing they want answers for, say now!

Cheers.

Jon.

Could you ask him what his plans are for the Horus Heresy series? How many books they are thinking of doing (if there is any idea), are they all going to be marine-centric and what do they have sketched out so far - that sort of thing would be great.

The Phazer
31-10-2007, 19:59
It would be interesting to see if he's willing to talk a bit more about the future structure of the series. Is the plan, as has been widely rumoured, to do a book for each chapter (and maybe a few others like the Imperial Navy) and then a closing trilogy? Is anything like that set in stone?

Phazer

dancingmonkey
01-11-2007, 10:04
I've got a fvew bits regarding the HH series so far, but will probe for more.
Don't want to give too much away as I'm saving it up for a Firebase issue, but there are plenty more books to come.

Dan and Graham are currently scrapping for rights to do the siege of the Emporer's palace.
:eek: