PDA

View Full Version : Nids TV ad offends viewers

Wiseman
08-09-2005, 12:28
BERLIN (Reuters) - A fringe German anarchist party has outraged national television audiences with its election campaign television spot -- a video montage of booze-fuelled chaos, syringe needles and men cavorting with topless women.

An estimated one million viewers watched the German Anarchist Pogo Party's already heavily censored political broadcast when it was shown for the first time Monday

Rather than offer any presentation of policies, the party's campaign spot spliced together scenes of debauched revellers smashing furniture, pouring beer down each other's throats and groups of couples kissing and groping each other, all set to a frantic heavy metal soundtrack.

As an officially registered political party, the Hamburg-based APPD is entitled to free television airtime for its advertisements.

Karl Nagl, campaign manager of the APPD told Reuters on Wednesday that the party will continue to run the ad.

"The next broadcast is scheduled for Monday night," he said.

However, he said the broadcasting authorities may insist they remove scenes featuring needles, which he said depicted people taking a blood sample and not intravenous drug abuse.

German newspapers say the party's roughly 750 members would not have any discernable impact on the September 18 parliamentary elections.

:wtf: strange stuff, isnt that one of the funniest things youve read though?

glimli
08-09-2005, 12:31
if they're anarchists how can they have a party and presumabaly have a leader in case they win a seat? i reckon their electoral money should go on some dictionaries rather than edgy ads.

Vaya
08-09-2005, 13:03
Anarchist organisation is in fact a contradictio in terminis. I pity self-proclaimed professional againsters.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
08-09-2005, 13:04
Pfah. They are but nothing compared to Britains mighty, NATURAL LAW PARTY!

Thats right. Natural Law Party.

I saw their Party Political Broadcast in the run up to the 1997 Labour Landslide Election.

Apparently, crime had dropped in Liverpool not due to increased policing or anything so sensible, but because of, get this, memebers of the NLP meditating in a transcendental state whilst Yogic Flying in the upper atmosphere.....

I think they lost their deposit.

Vaya
08-09-2005, 13:06
Still, they don't contradict themselves...

Mad Doc Grotsnik
08-09-2005, 13:09
But they do talk blatant ********, and expect people to vote for them.

Is deluding oneself worse than contradicting oneself?

Taron
08-09-2005, 13:10
JUst in case you want to see the spot: Quicktime (http://www.punkvideos.de/ebay/wahlspot.mp4); Windows media player (http://holger.thoelking.name/datenhalde/appd-wahlwerbespot.wmv) (warning, as the article says, the video is indeed rather... strange).

lord_blackfang
08-09-2005, 13:26
if they're anarchists how can they have a party and presumabaly have a leader in case they win a seat? i reckon their electoral money should go on some dictionaries rather than edgy ads.

Back in highschool, a few anarchists nominated Danger Mouse as a candidate for school president.

He won.

Obviously the presidency went to the runner-up, but still, a great victory. :D

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure Danger Mouse was actually the official president that year. It's just that the runner-up, as his vice-president, obviously did all the work :D

Vaya
08-09-2005, 13:35
But they do talk blatant ********, and expect people to vote for them. Is deluding oneself worse than contradicting oneself?

In praqctice, it boils down to the same thing. Take George W. Bush for example...

Oops, politics... Sorry Brimstone/ Sylass.

Archaon
08-09-2005, 13:40
Topless women?

Damn.. i always miss the good stuff :(

Brimstone
08-09-2005, 13:44
EDIT: Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure Danger Mouse was actually the official president that year. It's just that the runner-up, as his vice-president, obviously did all the work :D

Was it Penfold ?

Bruen
08-09-2005, 13:49

So do the mainstream political parties and people vote for them.

tzeentchgiant
08-09-2005, 15:05
That's not very outrangeous, mind you, no politics is.

But the Raving Loon party is always worth a look in, go to policies, and yes they are a real political party.

www.omrlp.com

TG

Wisdom
08-09-2005, 15:19
I loved that policy they had. Britain shouldn't join the euro, europe should join the pound.

Wraith
08-09-2005, 15:27
Your pretty stuffed though if you're ignorant of true annarchism and subscribe to the 'teenage false anarchism movement', you either contradict yourself by forming an organisation, or you become a terrorist/freedom fighter.

Even if you only target infrastructure and don't advocate taking life, you're eventually going to get caught...

As for the comcercial while I can't be bothered watching it from the description I don't see anything wrong with it. People take drugs -- get over it, women have breasts -- get over it.

[EDIT: Inserted what sort of 'annarchist' I was talking about due to telling off by Thud and Mackber for not being clear.]

tzeentchgiant
08-09-2005, 15:29
It's one shot of blood being drawn, and a plump woman, moving and being hugged by a guy, with tape over the important bits on her chest, you're not missing anything.

TG

Thud
08-09-2005, 16:13
Your pretty stuffed though if you're an anarchist, you either contradict yourself by forming an organisation, or you become a terrorist/freedom fighter.

:rolleyes:

I can't be bothered to explain the concept for you, so if you're actually interested in acquiring knowledge on the matter before blurting out completely moronic statements on topics you obviously have no knowledge of, I can recommend reading the works of Proudhon, Bakunin and Krapotkin for starters. Marx and Nechayev would be recommended for cross references.

How does this differ from any other political party? ;)

Kiro
08-09-2005, 16:26
Errr, what does this have to do with Tyranids? :p

Shadowheart
08-09-2005, 16:56
Well I can see how they outraged audiences with that, it was shocking to a few old people, and embarassing to anyone younger. Frantic heavy metal soundtrack my Arsch. :p
Still, I'd trade this lot for some of our self-proclaimed politicians gladly.

Makaber
08-09-2005, 17:02
Your pretty stuffed though if you're an anarchist, you either contradict yourself by forming an organisation, or you become a terrorist/freedom fighter.

Sir, I regret to inform you that you know nothing of anarchism. Otherwise, I second what Thud mentioned earlier.

Wraith
08-09-2005, 19:39
Thud, Mackbar

Please don't misconstrue me making a comment about the stereotypical 'punk teenage anarchist' who doesn't know anything about the true 'annarchism' to mean I don't know about true annarchism.

I can assure you I know the reality of annarchist theory, of the divides between anarchist different anarchist outloks.

My comments are made because you have (a) what the average ignorant joe public think is an anarchist and (b) what we know to be a 'real' anarchists.

Because this isn't PnR and I felt previous comments were targeted towards group A anarchists it is group A that I made my post about.

Hence I regret to inform you both that you have made a gross misjudgment of my post and indeed my knowledge on the subject of anarchism.

Thud
08-09-2005, 19:47
Right-o then.

Silly me, the foreigner with the limited English skills, couldn't see how one could interpret that out of this: "Your pretty stuffed though if you're an anarchist, you either contradict yourself by forming an organisation, or you become a terrorist/freedom fighter."

This might be news to you, but I read posts, not minds.

Wraith
08-09-2005, 19:50
Now Thudd, I understand as in day to day life I have experienced it myself how infuriating it is when people miss use a term which they do not understand however I've found it really really draining to constantly have to explain crap to everyone I meet. If I listened to some of my friends talk about anarchism I know that really they are talking about group (A) anrachists. My friends are ignorant of true anarchism as you thougth I was.

Now I've found that constantly trying to enlighten people is really really draining, and at the end of it people look at me like I'm a freak. So to recap the ignorant don't apprecaite being corrected, and view the person correcting them to be odd in their expert knowledge of an uncommon subject.

In the end I've just given up -- I'm simply guilty of pandering to the massess because the weight of people's ignorance has crushed my will to correct them.

My original post may well be an example of this pandering -- if it is I can assure you your forum berrating of me has certainly done it's job in providing a fitting punishment.

Well done.