PDA

View Full Version : Looking back at Bad Moonz

LankyOgre
30-10-2007, 18:51
I've been playing a Bad Moonz army, or at least collecting it, for the last 2 years and have not looked much into the fluff of their forces. With the new Codex coming out soon, I expect I'll have to make some significant changes to how my army is organized, so I figured it might as well be time to really look for as much fluff as I can find to recreate a more accurate army. Though I know each Warboss may assemble things as he pleases.

Thank you for the time and consideration
Lanky Ogre

Noserenda
30-10-2007, 19:29
Well Badmoons are rich, so lots of expensive toys, Mega Armour, Kustom Blasters etc etc. And the Klan colour is Yellow. Thats about it really...

Progena
30-10-2007, 19:46
Flash Gitz, loads of Flash Gitz.

LankyOgre
30-10-2007, 19:51
Currently my army is two units of flash gitz and the Warboss has a kustom mega blasta. I'm wondering if I should have mekboyz lead the boyz rather than nobz. Right now the army consists of infantry, warbikes, a dreadnaught, and killer kanz. I'm wondering if I should add or remove anything to make it more Bad Moonz.

He who is doom
30-10-2007, 20:03
add a lowrider looted rhino that seems to be badmoony. but i dont know if it will be tere in the next codex

Commander Dante
30-10-2007, 20:40
Fluff wise Bad Moonz are da richist of da orks cuz they grow more teef(teeth(ork currency)) and they do it faster. Because they are rich they are able of purchasing better equipment from other tribes and what not.

Maidel
30-10-2007, 20:48
If memory serves they also had a lot of weird boyz.

goffs had lots of nobz and boyz and were black with red trim
def skulls (sp?) had lots of heavy weapons troopers and had blue face paint
bad moons were mega armour heavy nobz with the weird boyz in yellow
blood axes had lots of 'pretty boys' in the form of storm troopers with looted imperial tanks
evil suns were red/ orange and had all the bikes and buggies

and i cant remember the last one for the life of me - but they were the feral bunch that had boar boys.

Progena
30-10-2007, 22:06
Snakebites. Dey's got Squiggoths too.

Mekboys're pretty characteristic of Bad Moons. I think Orkimedes had some ties to them (though he works for Gazkull now), plus his Tellyporta was first used when Gazkull and Nazdreg joined forces to attack Piscina (?). If you're rich you can fund "scientific research" (or; "I wonder wot happenz if I does 'dis?"). Personal powershields, kustom blastas, shokk attack gun (runs on bio-fuelcells; snotlings), just go nuts with Orktech.

"Waaagh! Duduh-duh-duh. Wotz it gewd fer? Dun-no da next bit!"

LankyOgre
30-10-2007, 22:09
The fact that they are da richest cuz der teef grow fasta is straight out of the codex. I'm jut trying to figure out some of the special options they might take, for example I know they aren't as likely to loot every thing they can like blood axes, but they also aren't as likely to load up on trucks as evil suns. Is just a lot of flash gitz and mekboyz really the closest approximation?

Maidel
30-10-2007, 22:11
Is just a lot of flash gitz and mekboyz really the closest approximation?

Put every possible HQ choice with nobz in mega amour - thats a great start - with big ******* banners saying how great they are painted yellow...

Herman the Heathen
30-10-2007, 22:21
According to the old fluff you should ditch the Mekboyz, they're the Evil Sunz trademark.
As said above, the Bad Moonz thing is the wierdboyz which will be coming back with a vengance in the next dex...
Otherwhise, if we go a long way back and look for fluff, the bad moons is the most shooty ork army, they also had a lot of heavy vehicles (not dreads and buggies), like battlewagons and skullhammas or gibletgrindas... (think orky baneblades...).
They're usually better armoured than other orks as well.

Maidel
30-10-2007, 22:23
the bad moons is the most shooty ork army,.

Surely that twas the deff skulls (again not sure of the spelling) they had the most heavy weapons, badmoons seemed to have the most exotic weapons.

but I agree with the mekboy comment - definately evil sunz

Tehkonrad
30-10-2007, 22:38
deff skulls are the most shooty and mek having army (excluding evil suns)
bad moons are rich with quadrillions of flash gitz

Supremearchmarshal
30-10-2007, 23:15
Yep Deffskulls were the most shooty.

For Bad Moons just take lots of expensive/exotic weaponry, mega armour and 'ard boyz. They did have a lot of Wierdboyz, the reason for which was unknown. Also take battlewagons and superheavies for apocalypse.

Stormboyz, Skarboyz and Slugga Boyz are rare among Bad Moons. Mekboyz aren't as common as among evil sunz, but aren't rare, either.

totgeboren
31-10-2007, 00:14
It looks like you will be able to do an Armoured Krumpany in the new codex, and thats really a Bad Moon thing. Nobs in mega armour, riding Battlewagons. Thats some rich orks i tell you! Also, one mob of boys can be upgraded to 'Ardboys, and thats also a very Bad Moon unit, atleast if they got shootas. Flash Gits are ofc the trademark unit of the Bad Moons.
Dethkoptas can probably be squeezed in as fast attack, since they look alot more snazzy than ordinary bikes or buggies.

Bad Moons are alot like hiphopers. They want the most flashy bling, just to show of, even if its totally pointless. Thats their thing. Bling! Pimp their vehicles to look extra fast, with lots of glyphs and stuff.
The Warboss should ofc have the biggest Mega-armour, the biggest frikkin gun, and the biggest powerklaw! 'Couse big iz best!

Klomster
31-10-2007, 00:53
That means you have to make every battlewagon in your army into lowrider pimpmobiles and all your nobs must have a gold slugga.

Your boss should have a huge dollar-sign with diamonds on and a pair of shades.

Totally cool, totally bad moon, totally pimp!!!

And deffskullz are da lootaz, they loot stuff.
That's why they got blue colours cos' blue is a lucky colour foor orks and so you need it for good luck at your looting rounds.

Leftenant Gashrog
31-10-2007, 20:16
According to the old fluff you should ditch the Mekboyz, they're the Evil Sunz trademark.

Otherwhise, if we go a long way back and look for fluff, the bad moons is the most shooty ork army, they also had a lot of heavy vehicles (not dreads and buggies), like battlewagons and skullhammas or gibletgrindas... (think orky baneblades...).

These two dont really go together, no meks = no working vehicles.

Maybe have the vast majority of Meks painted up as Evil Sunz representing ones that have been hired by the Bad Moons to make/fix their vehicles.

Herman the Heathen
01-11-2007, 10:02
Surely that twas the deff skulls (again not sure of the spelling) they had the most heavy weapons, badmoons seemed to have the most exotic weapons.

but I agree with the mekboy comment - definately evil sunz

Note that I wrote "long way back", I was refering to sources like Rouge Trader and space marines (old epic game), back then the Bad moons had the heaviest firepower, or at least the greatest save modifier on their weapons, I should prolly have said something 'bout that...:)

These two dont really go together, no meks = no working vehicles.

The bad moons meks are usually to occupid building g´big guns and vehicles to appear at the battlefield... again, I should prolly said that as well, my first post was written a bit in a hurry...:)

I really, really like the idea of pimped Bad moons batle wagons thundering into battle... :D

Iracundus
01-11-2007, 10:08
Every Ork Klan had Meks.

Deth Skulls were the scavengers that cobbled together their weaponry from scrap and salvage.

Bad Moonz were the rich ones from their naturally faster growing teeth and also had greater psychic potential (more Weirdboyz). The Bad Moonz are able to afford greater and more powerful weaponry and bigger projects (such as the Titan Legion Mega-Gargant).

See a difference? The Bad Moonz aren't the ones with natural mechanical talent but because they're the richest they can afford to pay others to do the building of weapons for them.

Argastes
01-11-2007, 14:00
Evil Suns were stated to have the highest proportion of meks, but they certainly aren't the only clan with meks. Feel free to put some meks in your Bad Moon force, it would be perfectly in keeping with the fluff--you don't have to paint them up as Evil Suns either, the Bad Moons have their own meks. Hiring Evil Suns meks might not actually be the best idea for the Bad Moons, because Evil Suns meks are going to have a propensity towards speed like all Evil Suns, and their main interest would be constructing the fastest buggies and bikes possible; whereas the Bad Moons would want their meks to devote their energies to building impressive kustom weapons, battlewagons and other heavy (and slow) vehicles, mega-armor, and so forth. Evil Suns meks would probably be quite uninterested in building things that don't go fast; they'd find it boring, and would frustrate their employers by trying to make everything go as fast as possible instead of trying to make it as flashy and complex as possible, which is what the Bad Moons would want.