PDA

View Full Version : When to use Ebay?

catbarf
31-10-2007, 00:16
Hi, since I plan on getting Forge World Renegade Militia but am not willing to buy an entire box of Cadians at full price just for the legs and arms, I intend to use Ebay. However, the holiday season is rapidly approaching- do you think I should buy now, or buy right after the holidays (early-January-ish)? I know that trying to get something cheap right before the holidays would be nearly impossible, but what about after? Are there lots of people selling off stuff? Or is there lots of competition from people going after new armies?

Gaunt
31-10-2007, 00:32
just keep searching and see what you find, it can be hit and miss but you never know.

Deamon-forge
31-10-2007, 00:34
I just keep a eye open for the things you really want as you do pick some up cheap just befor x mas and just after.

Repzik
31-10-2007, 00:36
ya, every once in a while things that you want will spike, like for me lots of titan things were being sold for apoco, but just check every day, and c if there are any good deals

FraustyTheSnowman
31-10-2007, 01:58
The Warstore took over Battlewagon Bits, so you might want to check there. 10 cadian standing legs (normaly ones out of the shocktroopers box) is $8.99. 6 kneeling legs (ones out of the heavy weapons box) are also $8.99.

Some of the deals I got there realy supprised me.

catbarf
31-10-2007, 02:06
$9 for 10 legs? That's $18 for 20 legs. Half the cost of the box set, for just the legs.

The best deal I found was $7.50 for 10 Cadian legs, or $10 for 25 Catachan legs. While those are much better, they're still a little high for my taste. I'm trying to prove that it is indeed possible to get FW Renegade Militia for less than $2.25 apiece.

FraustyTheSnowman
02-11-2007, 04:13
Greenstuff and copper wire?

BrainFireBob
02-11-2007, 07:14
Catbarf:

The second week of december through Xmas, as college gamers unload stuff to buy presents and/or go home.

The first week of the new year.

And again at the beginning of summer.

alex03
02-11-2007, 07:22
When your bored and have extra cash, then look around and you may find some good deals on stuff you may or may not need. Also dont be baited into bidding more than a bargain price.

Crube
02-11-2007, 08:36
I found through selling that prices can be cheaper just after Chrimbo, but it really does depend on what you're after.

I have a few searches saved on eBay, and I check them every day. It may sound like work, but once you've set them up, it only takes a minute or two to see if there'[s anything new. Just scan down the search results to anything with a shiny symbol by it.

That way you dont miss anything (like the 10 Middenheimer sprues (RRP 4 each) for 8 inclusing postage :)

boogle
02-11-2007, 09:23
Have a set price in mind for what you ant and if you see something at that price on ebay (whether it be exactly the Buy-It-Now price or close to the price you're willing to pay), then go for it, why wait as you may miss out now