PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Point Night Goblin Horde

UltimateNagash
30-10-2007, 23:23
:evilgrin:

Anyway, yeah, what do you think of this hordey thing?

Skarsnik 205

Night Goblin Shaman 135
Level 2 Wizard, Staff of Sneaky Stealin'

Night Goblin Shaman 135
Level 2 Wizard, Sneaky Skewerer, Magic Mushrooms, The Pipes of Doom

Night Goblin Shaman 135
Level 2 Wizard, Biting Blade, Dispel Scrolls, Mad Cap Mushrooms

24 Night Goblins 126
Short bows, 2 Fanatics, Musician

24 Night Goblins 126

24 Night Goblins 126

24 Night Goblins 126

25 Night Goblins 192
Spears, 2 Fanatics, Nets, Musician, Stabdard Bearer

25 Night Goblins 192

25 Night Goblins 192

25 Night Goblins 192

5 Squig Hoppers 75

5 Squig Hoppers 75

5 Squig Herd teams 150

5 Squig Herd teams 150

Goblin Doom Diver Catapult 80

Goblin Doom Diver Catapult 80

2492 points

AdamAtCollege
30-10-2007, 23:27
16 fanatics? OMG. Could destroy your own army, too, be careful.

UltimateNagash
30-10-2007, 23:46
Yeah, this is one of my objectives... For Fantasy, have 2 O&G armies: one combined and the other being this one...
The thing is though, is it an actual good army?

Lantorel
31-10-2007, 05:26
It looks really risky... one unit of fast cav to pop all your fanatics, while the rest of thier army sits back and watches them explode your lines...

AdamAtCollege
31-10-2007, 05:30
By using the goblin only theme, you're taking out a lot of hard hitters, so you're going to be missing strength by default. But you've got the numbers to hopefully overcorrect that. If you can find elevation, you can hit a lot of shots with the short bows and hopefully weaken the opponent before they even hit your 8 million fanatics. It looks good enough, though I've never played just goblins... so... you'll have to test it out and see!

chilledenuff
31-10-2007, 06:42
It looks really risky... one unit of fast cav to pop all your fanatics, while the rest of thier army sits back and watches them explode your lines...

having used NG armies for a few years now then i can say this isn't true... 1 unit of fast cavalry will be broken/dead after hitting 2 units worth of fanatics

the real threat is anything that makes you take leadership tests.... you don't ever want to face an undead army (especially tomb kings with the casket of 'kill alll the goblins in turn 1'.....oops I mean souls)

What it does have in its favour is lots of units.. I'd be tempted to drop a unit to make the others 30 strong but otherwise I like... kudos if you get them all painted with 3 highlights on the skin/cloaks of every model:D

gerrymander61
31-10-2007, 07:11
I'd try and get some bolt throwers in. Having never played O&G or against them I have no idea how effective or reliable squig herds or hoppers are, nor do I know what the ideal unit size is. But if you could cut/combine a unit in there to squeeze in some chukkas, even just two, that list would be a whole lot meaner, or, I think it would.