PDA

View Full Version : Gettin close and counting down

EVIL INC
08-09-2005, 15:45
Well, I am getting married on the 1st of October. I have been with this woman for over 5 years now and it is counting down to the day of tieing the knot. mayhap, I will update this thread daily till time or at least till I get to where I cant get to a computer....

ironduke
08-09-2005, 15:47
Congratualations in advance. Five years phew thats a long time so you were definite when you popped the question? (what was it like because i'm such a nosy b****)

Crube
08-09-2005, 15:57
Five years is a long time. i propsed to Mrs Crube after 10 months, and we got married after we'd been together 2 years....

All the best to you and the future Mrs Inc

ironduke
08-09-2005, 15:59
Soon they be starting their own company "snicker"

(I think I'm too lonely :cries: )

The boyz
08-09-2005, 16:00
Congratulations and good luck Evil Inc.

EVIL INC
08-09-2005, 16:23
I actually proposed, I think it was 2 or 3 years into the relationship. We wanted to make sure we both made it out of college and were able to live together without killing one another first. :D
I proposed to her at the Acropolis in Athans when we went there on a college trip. I used the ring my Grandfather made hand made for my Granny when he was stationed in North Africa during WW2.
For our own "company", my dad already has an order in for a softball team. :rolleyes:

ironduke
08-09-2005, 16:25
You sly old dog you. Well good luck to killing each other for many years to come.

tzeentchgiant
08-09-2005, 16:32
Congradulations, best wishes on your special day

(TM Hallmark)

TG

lord_blackfang
08-09-2005, 16:40
Excelent. 5 years is already past the average "together forever or fall apart" threshold. You have nothing to worry about, nothing at all :D

Captain Brown
08-09-2005, 16:41
Just of the record Evil Inc and I are not the same person. Nor is the soon-to-be Mrs. Captain Brown in any way related to the soon-to-be Mrs. Evil Inc. Just had to say that because my upcoming nuptials are on the same day as Evil Inc's and it has been a standing joke in the WarSeer Painting Support Group and Chaos Wastes for a while on when I was finally getting married ;).

Just think Evil Inc, we cannot possibly forget our anniversaries because someone on Por…oops, WarSeer (sorry, sorry, slip of the memory…I am getting married in a few weeks and will start to forget all sorts of things I am supposed to remember) will remind us. :)

Congratulations there.

For the record I proposed in a stately old hotel in Victoria after a deployment, four years into our relationship. Now I am paying the mortgage and her way through university (again) and fully intend to become a kept man when she is done.

Captain Brown

EVIL INC
08-09-2005, 17:49
Cool deal, Capt. congrats to you as well. I'm terrible with dates (barely remember my own birthday. With it being Oct 1st, I should be able to remember that. I still think it's funny that our first date is easy to remember, it was on valantines day. Any other day and Ida been s.o.l.on remembering it every year.

hairyman
08-09-2005, 18:10
Congratulations!

Proposing to Mrs Hairyman was the second most scary thing I've ever done. Asking her Dad's permission first was the most scary. ;)

Geetarman
08-09-2005, 20:29
i proposed to Mrs Gman seven years into our relationship (I still think I rushed it :D ) And we'd already been living together a year.

Good luck on the day Evil, may it all go well and you remember what happened in the morning! ;)

Gman

Scabby
08-09-2005, 21:01
Proposed to Mrs. Scabby around the 3 year mark, even though we planned on getting married after 3 months, and tied the knot around the 4 year mark. We too were waiting for college to end.

Congrats and the best of luck to you!

x-esiv-4c
08-09-2005, 22:40
Good luck mate....

It's a massive change in life, trust me. ( For the best)

Jedi152
09-09-2005, 07:51
I've been with my GF for 4 years, and i'm not even thinking about marriage yet...

But best of luck dude - post some pics!

And remember to save WarSeer a bit of cake...

highmarshaldave
09-09-2005, 13:13
One bit cake, between all of us!? Ahem. . .

Best of luck man. It'll all go swimingly, I can sense it in the force. . . Btw, Mr Evil, I'm expecting a full report on the stag night. . .

Dave out.

He Who Laughs
09-09-2005, 13:41
Here, here - congratulations Evil Inc, and congrats to the missus too. Now lets get down to the nitty-gritty. Yep, the bucks/stag night. Whats happening? Or have you left that in the capable hands of the best man? I'm the bestman at one of my mates weddings next year, thus gotta sort the bucks night (and have been given the task of organising one for another mate - Gavmo, your gonna get so f*cked up :evilgrin: ) - I'm sorting out paintball, BBQ boat cruise and a ****-up - whats on the cards for you Mr Inc?

EVIL INC
09-09-2005, 14:07
We are rather boring people. Her party was a trip to kennywood (old amusement park) with her sisters which she ended up having to go to the emergency room for an athesma attack and found out she also had bronchitis. My best man is my dad and we just neither drink or get into parties. My groosmen are doing the honors with an all day D&D, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and Bloodlbowl spree. Sad isnt it?

He Who Laughs
09-09-2005, 14:21
My groosmen are doing the honors with an all day D&D, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and Bloodlbowl spree. Sad isnt it?

Nah, it's alright mate - each to their own, remember me and my mates are Aussies, we like to drink lots and make tools of ourself. Although, if you can find a nearby field - I thoroughly recommend paintball. It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on - bar none. You can (and I have) live out all your commando- 40K-Kasrkin-Marine fantasies in a day of paintball, and you and your mates will be talking about it for years to come. It doesn't hurt that much either. Just stings a little. And occassionally leaves scars (as my girlfriend keeps pointing out when I've got my shirt off). Apart from that - it's the roxxors :D

EVIL INC
09-09-2005, 15:45
LOL. I remember going to a strip joint exactly 3 times. Once for my birthday years ago. Another time on a boys night out. Both times, I was really bored. I figured why not go to a reguler bar where I could actually go home with the women? The 3rd time was during the day when no dancers were working to have a pepsi whil I waited for an apointment.
Never did the paintball yet. We used to take our swords, axes and such and fight with them. without going to any great pains to sharpen them of course. Those left some nice scars. Maybe when I get rich, I might go paintballing. I'm 6'11" so I think I might get the short end of the stick if I do though.

Sgt John Keel
09-09-2005, 20:12
I demand pix of the lucky woman!;)

Well, good for you both. I wish you all luck.

/Adrian

EVIL INC
13-09-2005, 17:54
Ok, here are some pics...
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/Littlemurphy/11b6a556.jpg
For my bacholer party? We sat up till after 4 in the morning playing D&D and bloodbowl.
My bosses had forgotten the time I had asked off for the wedding. I told them when they hired me and it was a part of the conditions for going to work for them. They got mad when I reminded them, but they saw the light and are making arrangments to cover for me.

Whoops, before I can add more pics, I need to put them ino the photobucket. just give me time...

Captain Brown
13-09-2005, 19:50
I demand pix of the lucky woman!;)

Well, good for you both. I wish you all luck.

/Adrian

Seems you have already teased me about this one Adrian...here is my ugly mug and the soon-to-be Mrs. Captain Brown (yes I do realize the picture is over three years old).

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y270/Captain_Brown/Pictures%20of%20Me/SummerNightsWhites02.jpg

Crazy Harborc
13-09-2005, 19:57
Well speaking as someone who never made it higher than 5ft. 9 and 3/4s inchs. As well as an ex E5 in the USN.........

Both those women look like keepers guys........And you don't :D Hope that neither woman changes their mind.

Captain Brown
14-09-2005, 20:18
Well speaking as someone who never made it higher than 5ft. 9 and 3/4s inchs. As well as an ex E5 in the USN.........

Both those women look like keepers guys........And you don't :D Hope that neither woman changes their mind.

Funny I also failed to get past the 5ft. 10 inch mark; however I am a rank above that picture now.

On the part about her changing her mind, the soon-to-be Mrs. Captain Brown has informed me that she will kill me if I try to change mine, she will even use my own sword to do it.

Edit: Speaking to a fellow sailor, I keep telling these young ground-pounder (read: infantry types) on WarSeer that the Lord was a sailor and thus is always is looking out for us (helps with the dice rolls too!).

Scabby
14-09-2005, 20:34
Ok, here are some pics...
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/Littlemurphy/11b6a556.jpg

Evil is she standing on a box or is she actually 6'6"?

Captain Brown
14-09-2005, 21:09
I've been with my GF for 4 years, and i'm not even thinking about marriage yet...

But she is...trust me on this one.

TitusAndronicus
14-09-2005, 23:28
your getting married on my BDay! I'll mnake sure and heft one for you! ;)

Crazy Harborc
15-09-2005, 00:24
Gee, Capt....that, that playing with your sword is just a "little" too kinky for me. :eek:

Oh, the Lord must only be looking out for active duty sailors........OR only those in "certain" Navies (I almost typed Army!!...Good grief)

Um.....I usually call on rudy when it comes to asking help on dice rolls. I figure that if I am on the bad list there is no sense in buggin' the Lord just in case he's on break. ;)

Kensai X
15-09-2005, 04:25
...Really, I kinda feel like I seem impatient, I asked my girlfriend to marry me on the last "party" night before we all went off to college. It was at a swing dance and shortly after telling her that I indeed made into UF (University of Florida) and then after that me and my mates played some of songs, until we started to "Somebody to Love" by Queen and right after that I asked her to marry me...Sense then couldn't be happier....

EVIL INC
15-09-2005, 04:31
Evil is she standing on a box or is she actually 6'6"?
LOL. You hit the nail on the head. They put her on a box.
Heres a few more...http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/Littlemurphy/Ericareadytogoout.jpg[/IMG]]She still cant believe I kept this one ([IMG)
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/Littlemurphy/murphyerica.jpg[/IMG]]An old one of us while we were still in college ([IMG)

Satan Dingo 420
15-09-2005, 04:44
Congrats,dude. Me and Mrs. Satan will have been married for a year this coming Holloween. May you both share a lifetime of happiness. May there be no published pictures of your bachelor party.

EVIL INC
15-09-2005, 05:10
LOL. No worries of that. We sat and played D&D and Blood Bowl at a buddies apartment till the wee hours of the morning.

Satan Dingo 420
15-09-2005, 05:14
Yeah, that's what I told my wife we did.

I don't know what den of contortioninsts my boy O-dog recruited that chick from, but damn, that money was well spent.

I have a CD full of pictures; Translation: I have blackmail material on my dad for the rest of my life.... :D

Crazy Harborc
16-09-2005, 01:24
For you soon to bes and you already ares.......married. Take a favorite photo of your spouse, cut it to fit into a safe spot in your wallet/billfold.

In the future, you'll find it when looking for whatever.......money maybe. You'll look at the photo and for a moment in your mind......you'll be new together with the world ahead of you.

It's a great feeling after 34 years, Oh man her eyes :evilgrin:

EVIL INC
16-09-2005, 12:32
I dont carry pics in my wallet. I used to carry one of the little girl who used to call me daddy and it got ruined (I'm rough on wallets). Now I no longer have that picture to remember her by. So, the wallet pic is out I'm afraid. :(
Well, she had been having trouble lately and she went to a doctrer yesterday. Very soon after the wedding (soons we get back from honeymoon) she has to go in and have surgury to remove abnormal cells cervix removed because it is borderline precancerous. She (and I) are nervous about that.

ironduke
16-09-2005, 13:06
:( Sorry to hear it. I hope for the best i'm sure it will be okay they caught it early so she should be fine.
Good luck!

EVIL INC
16-09-2005, 14:14
Thanx, I'm just glad the health department is paying for it. When she told me about the problem, I was worried about her health and about how we were gonna pay for it. When she told me it was being taken care of, I only had to worry about her health. She said it should be ok. There is small chance of complications but not huge. She will just hafta have semi reguler checkups after to make sure doesnt come back.

Crazy Harborc
17-09-2005, 02:14
EVIL INC Good luck and many many years of happiness together. Lots of children to help the grandparents smile and nod and mumble something to each other about "it's payback time". A little prayer too.

Satan Dingo 420
17-09-2005, 05:24
My wife and I went through a very similar situation before we were married. Same thing, same annotomical location. It turned out to be nothing. But my prayers and thoughts will be with you. I will burn a candle to the Blessed Mother for you both.

Sgt John Keel
17-09-2005, 23:02
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y270/Captain_Brown/Pictures%20of%20Me/SummerNightsWhites02.jpg

She's a vampire! Cool.

@ Evil. Yours doesn't look like a vampire. Sorry for that, but I think you have to continue your life for a while.:p

Hope you both(four?) have a nice life.

/Adrian

Captain Brown
20-09-2005, 18:34
She's a vampire! Cool.

/Adrian

I was afraid of that...this is why she says she hates that picture.

It is also the reason I have never been afraid of Sylass and why she never comes out in direct sunlight.

On another note, we had the stag on Sunday...due to peoples schedules. Lets just say I drank more than everyone else combined...had to resort to old Navy training to survive that one without a stomach pumping.

Remember: Stag on Sunday = Bad!
Especially when you work on Monday.

Captain Brown

Sgt John Keel
20-09-2005, 19:31
I was afraid of that...this is why she says she hates that picture.

But it's cute!

/Adrian

Captain Brown
20-09-2005, 19:37
Yes, but when the Vampire gets angry...people die!

Crazy Harborc
20-09-2005, 20:15
Sorry, about that Monday morning pain :evilgrin: Why in the USNavy of MY day we were taught how not to get that drunk.........yeah right, we walked on water too.

Hey, she's a fine looking woman....even with (I won't mention those tee....okay). Dude, save a copy and the negative for that photo, hide them away :evilgrin:

EVIL INC
25-09-2005, 02:19
Just got back from the pre-marriage counceling that most preachers make you go through before they will marry you. It was not as bad as I had thought it would be. Just wish we hadnt had to drive 5 hours to get to the preacher after no sleep from working last night. Man am I beat.

Rabid Bunny 666
25-09-2005, 02:27
lol, good luck dude, i hope it goes well

*raises bottle of bergadler premium pils in EVIls honour*

Crazy Harborc
26-09-2005, 17:10
Well IF, you sirvive the five hour drives then talking at the conferences AND driving back from there/them..........see it as increasing your chances of a "lifetime" experience.

Marriage isn't supposed to be a come and get experience (for a couple of years). It's a lifetime experience (that's why words like till death do us part) are part of the mutual pledge said before witnesses (earthly and other wise).

Sgt John Keel
26-09-2005, 19:19
Just got back from the pre-marriage counceling that most preachers make you go through before they will marry you.

I had to read that twice before I realized you weren't going to marry the priest.:p

/Adrian

x-esiv-4c
26-09-2005, 19:33
Good luck, thats all I can say.

Captain Brown
28-09-2005, 18:17
Getting closer.

You nervous yet EVIL INC?

Just a few more days...

Smoking the last of my cigars.

alterion
28-09-2005, 19:25
Wp to you both.. i we expect gratuitous wedding pics.. getting married in a church/registry/where?

EVIL INC
29-09-2005, 00:40
Church wedding in her hometown.
Not really nervous but I keep thinking I'm forgetting something. You know that feeling?

Crazy Harborc
29-09-2005, 02:25
All you have to do is smile, nod and DO NOT muff up your lines. Oh yeah, remember the rings................Um show up too.

EVIL INC
29-09-2005, 02:37
LOL. I have checked my bag a dozen times already to make sure I have the ring packed. Showing up is not gonna be hard. I just hope my groomsmen show up. 1 couldnt get off work so will be showing up the morning of and I will hafta crash course him on what to do. 1 I have barely spoken to for a while and I just have to assume he is going to show up (I have a backup that can step in the morning of just in case. I would have to crash course him too.) 1, is going to try to show up at the rehearsal. Just hope he makes it. The best man, my father, is all set and no problems from him.
Lines... I know to say the right name :D I feel it will hit me when I actually get up there and have all those eyes pointed at me. I hope I can say it loud enough for all to hear.
She has been gettin frustrated because she is a person where everything has to be "just so". My family and freands usually just "wing it" and she has been having fits over the schedualing and appointments and rsvp's ect ect. Cant wait till its over so she can calm down.

EVIL INC
29-09-2005, 14:08
Well, I'm getting ready to head out of town to go back home and see family and gather stuff up before I drive on up to Fairmont for the wedding. That means that this is probobly the last I will be able to post as a single man.
*starts patting pockets and checking bags to make sure I have everything (for the thousandth time).

ironduke
29-09-2005, 14:13
Duh dan dan duh dan dan dah! (supposed to be wedding music, I know its cack!)

Good luck " It'll be alright on the night " good luck

Captain Brown
01-10-2005, 03:33
Yikes, only 15 hours to go. Still working on speech. Family and friends keep calling, work keeps calling and I am posting on WarSeer.

I'll post in a few days we some details...not those details!

DantesInferno
01-10-2005, 05:07
Yikes, only 15 hours to go. Still working on speech. Family and friends keep calling, work keeps calling and I am posting on WarSeer.
Now THAT is dedication to the forum! Congratulations to the both of you, and best wishes for married life.

McMullet
01-10-2005, 12:53
Congratulations/good luck to both of you (or all 4, I suppose...), depending on when you read this!

Wez
01-10-2005, 13:10
Congratulations and I hope she gets better!:)

-Wez

Pertinax
01-10-2005, 18:41
Congratulations to the both of you. Good luck with the future, and take every step together!

Pert

Lord-Warlock
01-10-2005, 18:50
*Hums wedding music*

Congratulations and, err, congratulations to her too! ;)

TheSonOfAbbadon
01-10-2005, 19:07
Congratulations! You'll probably read this when you're sitting at the end of your bed in the honeymoon suite while your wife's nagging you to get off and you're lying saying you'll only be a few more minutes.

That's what I would do.

Sgt John Keel
01-10-2005, 23:49
Done yet?

I demand pix.:p

And some of the cake too, please.

/Adrian

PSD
02-10-2005, 00:41
Congratulations.

Wish you the best of luck, and hope things work out as well for myself and my lady when we finally set a date for getting hitched. :)

Scythe
02-10-2005, 10:07
Congratualtions, the both (or four) of you, and good luck in the future!

EVIL INC
02-10-2005, 20:21
We stopped off at home today on the way to the honeymoon hetel at baltimore. We opened up struff and are dropping stuff off. Right now, she is printing off directions and stuff on her comp so I sneaked onto mine to say "hi". Thanx for the well wishes. I will check back in after we get home.

Opus T. Penguin
03-10-2005, 07:02
Congrats to the four of you :)

Crazy Harborc
03-10-2005, 18:30
May the honeymoon last a very long time. That is a very good reason to "practice" a few years BEFORE children come along. ;)

Captain Brown
04-10-2005, 16:41
May the honeymoon last a very long time. That is a very good reason to "practice" a few years BEFORE children come along. ;)

Sorry,

Mrs. Captain Brown was back at school yesterday and I am back at work today. She has informed me that we stay newlyweds for a whole year so I am not complaining.

Thanks guys for all the advice and comments. Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. EVIL INC.

Captain Brown (now wearing the ring of power...pictures to follow).

alterion
04-10-2005, 18:16
wahey.. congrats to both of you.. i expect plenty of pics

Captain Brown
04-10-2005, 18:37
First photo...we will not see the ones the photographer took for a few weeks yet.

Most of my family lives overseas or in other provinces so they have not sent any photos yet. However this one was taken by a guest.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y270/Captain_Brown/Pictures%20of%20Me/Wedding.jpg

Captain Brown

Pertinax
05-10-2005, 08:17
Cool. Just cool.

hairyman
05-10-2005, 08:50
Wow, uniforms! Looks class... :)

You've got me all nostalgic now.... so here's (http://maya.thatproject.co.uk/gallery/KathAndSteGetHitched/Ste_Kaths_wedding_009) a civillian wedding from a couple of years ago (back when I still had hair).

tzeentchgiant
05-10-2005, 11:09
Hairy man, great picture, love the hair, and Cpt Brown, sweet, very cool.

Best wishes

TG

Captain Brown
05-10-2005, 16:27
Wow, uniforms! Looks class... :)

You've got me all nostalgic now.... so here's (http://maya.thatproject.co.uk/gallery/KathAndSteGetHitched/Ste_Kaths_wedding_009) a civillian wedding from a couple of years ago (back when I still had hair).

Very nice photo...so I have to ask are you a long lost relation of Pertinax? (It is the similarity in the flowing locks that made me think of that)

Any way thanks guys, Mr. and Mrs. Captain Brown are doing just fine, we have been cleaning our flat, I am back at work and she is at school. It is quite neat when suddenly there are two of you sharing the various chores that you used to do on your own. :)

I hope EVIL INC and Mrs. EVIL INC have a wonderful honeymoon (ours is going to happen once we get a vacation…some time in the far, far future).

For those who cannot troll the wastes yet, the wastoids had a stag for me…lets just say I suddenly have a new tattoo and a fear of grease. :eek:

hairyman
05-10-2005, 17:34
Alas the hair is long gone... should really have changed my username to baldman.

Is that a sword you're holding in your pic? I never got a sword :(

EVIL INC
05-10-2005, 18:29
Why hello there. Just got back. We had a GREAT time. Let me just put in a thing for Bed and breakfast at 2910 in Baltimore is a GREAT place. We stayed in thier "Bordello" room. We went to many of the Baltimore attractions over the last few days. Now, to settle down before work tomorrow afternoon.
Dont know how soon I can get pics up. I will hafta wait till I can get "online" ones so that I can put them in photobucket.
Thanx to all who gave good words and good luck to everyone else who are just as "newlywed" as we are.

Edit: Thought I might add that Erica put in a special touch at the reception for me. When we got announced and I walked her in, they stopped the music that was playing and put in "I walk the Line". Everyone got a laugh at that and I found it a good touch.

Sgt John Keel
05-10-2005, 20:25
Why hello there. Just got back. We had a GREAT time. Let me just put in a thing for Bed and breakfast at 2910 in Baltimore is a GREAT place. We stayed in thier "Bordello" room. We went to many of the Baltimore attractions over the last few days. Now, to settle down before work tomorrow afternoon.

Glad to hear, though the only thing I know about Baltimore is what I've read in Tom Clancy's novels.:p

Work already, though? Does these things ever last a month?

/Adrian

EVIL INC
06-10-2005, 02:37
Here are a few pics taken by my sister. I am sure I will have more or better as soon as we get pics from the rolls we sent in and the pro taken ones. TRhese should give a good teaser on us.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/Littlemurphy/Picture20115.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/Littlemurphy/Picture20088.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/Littlemurphy/Picture20079.jpg
This is my groomsmen, best man and myself.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/Littlemurphy/Picture20032.jpg

tzeentchgiant
06-10-2005, 14:44
Very nice, looks like a traditional wedding, cool.

Also, love the beard brigade at the end ;) .

TG

Captain Brown
06-10-2005, 15:00
Cool Mr. Evil Inc,

You guys look fantastic. I see the bride was smiling and happy (mine was too), I have been to many wedding where they start to cry for joy and then they get upset when their make-up runs. Am I correct in assuming the first is of the first dance?

Evil, you really are a very tall man...and your groomsmen are pretty tall as well.

May all your hopes and dreams come true together.

Mr. Captain Brown

EVIL INC
06-10-2005, 15:26
Not sure what dance that was. It all runs together in my mind and there was so many flashes going off...well, I'm sure you understand.

Last picture from me over..Best man, my dad, Groomsmen D.Lord Ronin, Dragonshadow, Steve (he never got a cool nick.) The women on the pew is my mom.
Thanx for the well wishes. :cheese:

Crazy Harborc
06-10-2005, 18:53
Hey......both you new grooms!! Focus on a pleasant happening on your wedding days. Memorize those moments, repeat them to yourself.

In a few months and once a year or so for ths rest of your lives, your wives will ask you a question or make a statement about the Wedding day. When you don't remember the answer to her question/statement, you can say, "hey what about......or remember when so in so said.........", etc., etc.

C'tan
06-10-2005, 18:59
Good luck with being married dude.