PDA

View Full Version : band name?

Marty D
08-09-2005, 15:50
ok ive narrowed my band's name down to 2 options K.O!headshot or CCY (as opposed to CKY which stands for camp kill yourself, this stands for camp crap yourself)

we play mixed genres of music depending on how we feel - me as the bassist i like funk

the guitarist - he likes rock, like the foo's and the chili's from the californication era

the drummer - classic rock and roll such as led zepplin and bands like the clash and the ramones

the vocalist -he likes punk and anything esoteric or outrageous

we want a name that will summarise our bands nature, i like K.O!headshot as it describes the self-destructive nature of our band as we all like differing genres which conflict with one another whch will probably lead to our band exploding (like a bullet to the head)

open to other band name suggestions too,
thanks!

Vaya
08-09-2005, 15:53
How about 'The Blender Incident' or something along those lines?

ironduke
08-09-2005, 15:54
[QUOTE=Marty D]
we want a name that will summarise our bands nature, i like K.O!headshot as it describes the self-destructive nature of our band as we all like differing genres which conflict with one another whch will probably lead to our band exploding (like a bullet to the head) [QUOTE]

I dont know if somebody has this name already but "Short Fuse" or maybe "Wired and Ready to Blow" or maybe "friction"

I think these are call names for your band given on the info

Crube
08-09-2005, 15:55
I voted CCY, cos I dont like the other one...

How about

Threshold
or
Giant Midget

or something

oh, The blender Incident sound pretty good too

Marty D
08-09-2005, 15:55
my old drummer wanted cocaine nose job which i thought was also pretty cool

oh yea and ironduke - the other members of my band think K.O!headshot blows

and they think im a counter strike nerd now too because of it

ironduke
08-09-2005, 15:57
Cause camp crap yourself isn't silly (sarcasm mode engaged)

Marty D
08-09-2005, 16:00
haha yea - CCY was a random burst of poor witt from me i thought up while i was watching a CKY DVD

BozzyB
08-09-2005, 17:38
How about something rather unexpected like "the gloryholes" or something along those lines, your logo could feature Uncle Sam, and stars and stripes and things.

Edit: wow, three 'ands' in one sentance, surely thats a record!

BozzyB

Yorkiebar
08-09-2005, 18:06
Totally the Blender Incident. I voted headshot though, because it's at least the lesser of two evils.

Gethalorre
08-09-2005, 18:16
How about...

Yum yum bubble gum? It totally summarises the underlying doohicky whiloe at the same time contradicting and supporting the counterpoint of the anti-establishment metaphor. Or something.

Cade
08-09-2005, 18:29
K.O!headshot is weird and unique. Use it.

CCY makes you sound like a fragrance. Or, worse, Bam Margera's friends.

x-esiv-4c
08-09-2005, 21:34
CCY

failing that? Vanilla bloaty pants.

Tormentor of Slaanesh
10-09-2005, 21:18
ccy
is the camp what i think it is as in julien and sandy round the horne camp?

Inquisitor Engel
10-09-2005, 22:53
When me and my mates end up playing at an open mic we go by "Rock Man from Japan" of course, all three of us jsut have guitars, so it's not really a band as much as ... well yeah. But it's fun.

I'm going with KO!Headshot. Remove the periods from the name. CCY leads to confusions with CCR. Headshot by itself would be cool, provided no other band's taken it.

Vanus
10-09-2005, 23:44
I voted CCY.

However, I think The Blender Incident is one of the coolest band names I've ever heard. Evar.... (intentional misspelling)

sigur
11-09-2005, 00:29
I voted for one of the options but I don't like them both much.

If I may suggest a few names:

Pant's Trousers
Authority
Götz
Drugstore
SYSTEM (Sell Your Soul to EgoManiacs or Sell your Sould to EconoMy)

BorisGT
11-09-2005, 02:11
First off, don't use either of those band names. They're both terrible. The blender one is good though.

However, here's a few off the top of my head (excuse me if they're already taken):

Mastication!
The Seal Clubbers
**** Pirates
Claude Balls and The Bandages (My personal favorite. Though you'll have to get your singer to rename himself.)

m1s1n
11-09-2005, 02:15
You should totally NOT try to mimic someone else's name--even if it is an attempt to be witty. Don't worry about a name until you have to for a show.

Yog Sogoth
11-09-2005, 05:09
You should totally NOT try to mimic someone else's name--even if it is an attempt to be witty. Don't worry about a name until you have to for a show.

Couldn't agree more.

starlight
11-09-2005, 05:17
More time on music, less time on name. Unless you'd prefer the other way around. :eyebrows:

(Partial to the Blender option.)

He Who Laughs
11-09-2005, 07:37
Yeah, you gotta be careful with names - what sounds 'cool' now, might not be so cool if you're trying to sell yourself as a serious band later on. Be careful too, as certain names conjour up different mental pictures and stereotypes. For example, friends band was called RPM - which for me conjours up the idea that they are all about fast-paced, hardcore punk etc - they're actually a prog.rock band, closer to Tool in influence. I think something along the lines of the current crowd favourite - The Blender Incident - would go alright. It doesn't give away any false pretenses as to what your style is, if you want to change direction later on - and at the same time it surrounds you with a touch of mystery - "Hmm, I wonder what happened in the blender incident??" Similar band names like "Butterfly Effect" and "Kindergarten Experiment" have the same effect in my opinion.

Oh, and don't have a 'The xxxx' band name (The Cant's, The Doves, The Killers, The Cops, The Yeah-Yeah-Yeahs, The Streets etc) - that just sh!ts me, there's too many of them, they more often than not garage-rock wannabes - and they're mostly craptacular.

Either Blender Incident, or some other suggestions:
- Aurora Contradiction
- Non-Zero Anomaly
- Distraction Co-efficient
- Flowscope (bit psychadelic though)

OR, from completely left-field:
- Priopus (apparently the Roman/Greek God of the Penis)

Gavmo
11-09-2005, 07:43
I've always thought that the name "Dead Mans Belt" would be cool for a band. I got the idea from a guy who gave me one of his old belts years ago as it didnt fit him any more, he died a while later and I thought to myself that it would be a cool name. :cries:

polymphus
11-09-2005, 07:49
One thing you have to be careful about is other meanings that the name may have. i.e I wanted to call my band "Narcissus Incorporated" (After the Greek myth where "Narcisist"/"Narcisistic" cames from) but when I put it forward to the other band members they all started talking about flower arranging :wtf: It took me some time to realise that a narcissus/narcissa/narcissium is also a type of flower :rolleyes:

EDIT: oh, and I vote the blender incident...if you don't want it we'll happily take it!
Cheers
Poly

Marty D
11-09-2005, 14:49
ok - heres the story:

we've been playing together for about 3 years now, we each have good ability to do the things we do as our part of the band.

we have played a few smaller 'gigs' and played stuff in school plays and the like, we arent that great but we're good enough to be inventive and come up with a few of our own songs

now we need a solid band name - not just some random collecton of words like what we usually do. (things such as hotdog enema, and BBQ catmeat)

Inquisitor Engel
11-09-2005, 17:30
What about the name of a Roman Emperor? They can connote pretty much whatever your audience wants them to.

Nero
Caligula
Trajan
Comodus

To name but a few. Nero sounds really cool though.

Cheesejoff
11-09-2005, 18:46
How about "Corner Camping Cool Kids?"

Agnostos
11-09-2005, 18:56
or: "the back row"?