PDA

View Full Version : Gut Magic Miscast and Hellheart

Häxjägare
08-09-2005, 18:04
This might just be poor wording, but Hellheart is a item that you use in the enemies magic phase, if he rolls any double he has to roll on the Gut Magic Miscast table as if he was a butcher...

Now, if you roll a 1 the following happens "The Butcher spams and squeals as his magic goes horribly awry before bursting apart in a explosion of stinking offal. Remove him from play. All models that were in base contact takes a strenght 4 hit, and all other butchers on the battlefield takes a D3 wounds."

So, if I understand this correctly, if I play another OK army or if I use hellheart and he miscasts and rolls a 1, my armies wizards are going to start blowing up?

Festus
08-09-2005, 18:16
Hi

Looks like it to me :D

Greetings
Festus

Izram
08-09-2005, 20:18
This sounds a lot like the staff of damnation ruling to me; the staff says all undead units within 12 benifit from hellish vigour and the calrification was only your own units.

I know there is no specific errata or clarification (well, i assume) but I would argue the intent was not to blow yourselves up with your own magic item.

Vomax
08-09-2005, 21:41
I'm almost certain I read a response to this question, written by a GW staffer, that said you could indeed blow up your own Butchers, and this was one of the risks taken by those who consort with Chaos.

Häxjägare
08-09-2005, 21:56
I'm almost certain I read a response to this question, written by a GW staffer, that said you could indeed blow up your own Butchers, and this was one of the risks taken by those who consort with Chaos.

Problem is what happens if you play another OK army, one unlucky miscast and both players butchers blow up? Would kinda suck

Vomax
08-09-2005, 22:36
Problem is what happens if you play another OK army, one unlucky miscast and both players butchers blow up? Would kinda suck

As a person who plays for fun against his friends, that would be the greatest/funniest thing to ever happen. I think we would call the game on account of awesomeness.

p.s. - I think the GW guy said "those who truck with Chaos" as opposed to "those who consort with Chaos".

Avian
09-09-2005, 10:33
I believe it's sort of similar to the way Orcs get magic dice from both side's units in combat. I have certainly always assumed that Ogre miscasts affect both sides (so for example the one that stops other Butchers from casting the spell would also stop the opponent's Butchers from casting it)

Brimstone
09-09-2005, 10:52
So if I'm playing a non ogre army and the above situation happens would all the wizards take D3 wounds i.e. subsituting wizard for butcher in the wording?

Avian
09-09-2005, 11:23
No, just all Butchers.
The wording on the Hellheart is that the victim is treated as a Butcher, but all other Butchers on the battlefield are Butchers to begin with, so I think they are always affected.

Griefbringer
09-09-2005, 11:46
Problem is what happens if you play another OK army, one unlucky miscast and both players butchers blow up?

I would at least be rolling on the floor and laughing if something like that would happen in a game I would be playing. It would just be something truely Ogrishly humorous!

Badgobbla
09-09-2005, 12:22
No, just all Butchers.
The wording on the Hellheart is that the victim is treated as a Butcher, but all other Butchers on the battlefield are Butchers to begin with, so I think they are always affected.

Yep, I think this is right. I found the following in the Q&A FAQ for the Ogre Kingdoms:

Q. If an enemy Wizard suffers a miscast from the Hellheart and subsequently rolls a “1” on the Gut Magic Miscast Table, what happens? Does the enemy Wizard suffer the fate of the unlucky Butcher described in the table in this case? Also, do all the other friendly Butchers on the table still take D3 wounds? Or do other enemy Wizards take the D3 wounds instead?

A. The enemy wizard is destroyed, and all Butchers take D3 wounds. Such are the rewards of those who truck with Chaos.

Brimstone
09-09-2005, 13:59
Thanks for the clarification, do you have a link for the OK FAQ, I've had trouble finding it.

Porksta
09-09-2005, 20:37
It is on the GW forums.