PDA

View Full Version : Starting an ogre team

Finnigan2004
01-11-2007, 04:53
I have not played blood bowl in quite a long time, but I'm going to paint up my ogre team to play with. So, if I want to run a team with a minimal number of goblins (come on, if I pick ogres winning doesn't matter-- it's obviously about beating people up), what would your recommendations be?

Darkson
01-11-2007, 11:09
If you're playing with the latest rules, the minimal number of goblins is 0, as goblins are no longer on the team list (Ogres and Snotlings).

I can't quite remember what the team list was, but due to the costs involved, and the rule that a starting team must have 11 players, I think a LRB4 (or before) Ogre team had to start with 4 or 5 goblins just to be legal.

Under LRB5, I "think" (and you'd need to check the maths) you can start with 7 ogres and 4 snotlings, but that doesn't leave a lot for FF (not as important as it was) or rerolls (still important!).

Darkson
01-11-2007, 11:14
Duh! Under LRB5, you can only have 6 ogres maximum!)
So, 6 Ogres, 5 snotlings is a legal team, leaving you 60K for players, FF and cheerleaders/coaches (not enough for a RR).

under LRB4, best you can start with (just worked it out) is 6 Ogres, 5 Goblins, FF1 (minimum required) and 60K for players, FF, cheerleaders/coaches (again, not enough for a reroll).

PhrollikK
03-11-2007, 13:14
My suggestion would be to not go with the maximum amount of ogres and instead go with a few RR's as you will need them badly. Besides lots of bonehead rolls will make a mockery of whatever strategy you will try :) Lessen the boneheads and have a few RR's just incase one of those crucial blocks fail or your star ogre 'forgets' to walk over the line and score. Don't worry about scoring, just pick those snots up and fling 'em towards the end zone, works most of the time :D

Drongol
08-11-2007, 18:44
An Ogre team really needs to start with 4 Ogres, 9 or 10 Snotlings, and as many rerolls as possible. Snotlings get sent off regularly, either due to fouls or due to, well, being Snotlings, and a team with only 6 players on the pitch will not win, regardless of how strong they are.

Basically, minimize your Ogres, maximize your rerolls, and keep as many Snotlings around as possible. With 4 Ogres, you should have plenty of hitting power against most teams, and the Snots can do a pretty good job of scoring every now and again.

Drongol

Xeal
11-11-2007, 13:50
Personally I use a starting ogre team of 5 ogres and 10 snotlings. You don't get many re-rolls or fan-factor but in truth you need players over that stuff.

Snotlings are very good at avoiding being tackled, but when someone does they are gonna's, hence you need plenty to take their place. Finally the more ogres, the less likly a bone-head will effect you. Five ogres also means you can cover the entire pitch with a defense, which you can't with snotlings.