PDA

View Full Version : Tale of Fantasy painters. Month four Painting. (Month five WIP).

Harry
01-11-2007, 08:12
THE TALE OF FANTASY PAINTERS : MONTH FOUR

Hello, fellow painters, Yes another month has gone by and its that time again. The Tale Of Fantasy Painters monthly update!

Those of you who are participating, this is the official thread in which you should post the work you have done in month four.

You should post up to three photographs of your months work and a photo of the army so far. (The last three months work).

Four Months in you should now have between 400 and 800 points painted (depending on how many jokers you have used).

You should either post (approx) 200 points of your chosen army OR play a joker as soon as possible.

Remember if you are doing more than one army you should do a separate post for each army as if each army were a different painter

This thread is the thread for posting your work, the thread for comment on the work posted and the thread for WIP for next month.

If you want to show more than 4 photos, then either include links to your photo album, or attachments and/or include a link and invite readers to view your painting log (if you have one) to see more of your work and get more feed back.

With the photographs of you work please include a description of each character/unit you have painted, including the number and type of models, and any upgrades, items and equipment they carry, followed by the total points cost of the unit and, if you have painted more than one unit, give the total points cost of your months work.

You can also say anything you like about the highs and lows of your months painting. What you enjoyed or found hard, what you were especially pleased with, etc.

I will be posting my armies using the now familiar format. Please feel free to do the same. (or not!)

I hope you have all had a great months painting.
I can’t wait to enjoy the results.

All the best
Harry

WHAT IS IT AS ALL ABOUT?

The aim of The Tale of Painters (TOP) is to help motivate those involved to start and complete a 2000 point army in the next twelve months.

The painters involved have made a commitment to paint and post, by the last day of each month, approx 200 points of their chosen army. They do this each month for the next 12 months. Starting with the last day of July 2007.

However, because people have real lives with exams, holidays, honeymoons, new babies etc, etc. They get two 'Jokers'. For two months within the year you can ‘play a joker’ and rather than post an update they can post saying "sorry guys couldn't get it done this month. Real life got in the way." But the other 10 Months they have to come up with (approx) 200 points of painted and based figures. 200 points for 10 out of the next 12 months.

In twelve months time we will all end up with a finished 2000 point army.

All chat, questions, discussion, WIP, painting advice, encouragement, tutorials, etc, etc, should be on this thread.
(or in individual painters own project logs).

A new thread will be opened on the last day of each month for each painter to post the next 200 point ‘update’ for the army they are painting and a picture of the army to date.
(OR one post for EACH army for those nutters painting more than one army!)

I will just take this opportunity to thank all the painters who have signed up for their interest and enthusiasm and for their ideas that have helped shape this project. I wish you all the best of luck and I hope this project is a big success for everyone involved. I also hope 'the viewers at home' enjoy the results of all the work of the painters involved.

THE PAINTERS (OF FANTASY ARMIES)

AdHoC : Orcs and Goblins : 4 Months painting : No jokers
Agraaee : Beasts of Chaos : 1 Months painting : 1 joker
Aflo : Dark Elves : 2 Months Painting : 1 jokers
Animerik : 2 Months painting : 2 jokers
Arhalien : Woodies : 4 Months painting : No jokers
Armos : Chaos : 4 Months painting : No Jokers
Azyreth : Skaven : 2 Months painting : No jokers
Catferret : Ogres 4 Months painting : No jokers
Charger : changed to Dwarfs : 1 minths painting : 1 Joker
Danny 76 : Empire : 3 Months painting : 1 joker
Dave3555 : Dwarves : 2 Months painting : No jokers
Deadorc : Lizardmen : 3 Months painting : 1 Joker
Destris : Tomb Kings : 1 Months painting : No jokers (UNAVOIDABLY UNAVAILABLE)
Dino : Empire : 4 Months painting : No jokers
Doi : Dark Elves : 4 Months painting : No jokers
happy doctor : Dwarves : 2 Months painting : 1 joker
Harry : High Elves : 4 Months painting : No jokers
Harry : Dark Elves : 4 Months painting : No jokers
Harry : Dwarves : 3 Months painting : 1 joker
Harry Daemonic Legion : 4 Months painting : No jokers
Harry Vampire Counts : 4 Months painting : No jokers
Hastings : Empire (Ostland) : 2 Months painting : 2 jokers
Hastings : Beasts of Chaos : 2 Months painting : 2 jokers
Hastings : Nurgle Daemonic Legion : 2 Months painting : 2 jokers
Hastings : Night Goblins : 2 Months painting. 2 jokers
Hespithe : Khornate Doombull ogres : 4 Months painting : No jokers
Huw Dawson : Dwarves : 4 Months painting : No jokers
jme : Dark Elves : 2 Months painting : 1 joker
Jonahmaul : Goblins : 3 Months painting : No jokers
Jorme : Ogres : 1 Months painting : 1 joker
Horus0001 : Chaos : 2 Months painting : 1 joker
Khrangar : Chaos : 1 Months painting : 1 jokers
Knighta : Skaven : 4 Months painting : No jokers.
Kraxnar : High Elves : 3 Months painting : 1 jokers
Marvywill : Orcs and Goblins : 2 Months painting : 2 joker
Netguru : Empire : 2 months painting : No jokers
PMTN : Empire : 1 Months painting : 1 jokers
Rich 123 : Night Goblins : 1 Months painting : 1 joker (?)
Saulot : Orcs and Goblins : 3 Months painting : No jokers
Sigur : Dark Elves : 4 months painting : No jokers
sil : High Elves : 1 months painting : 2 joker
Silverstu : Dwarfs : 3 Months painting : 1 jokers
Tarsus : Dogs of War : 1 and a Half months painting : 2 jokers
The boyz : Chaos Nurgle : 3 Months painting : No jokers
TheDarkArg : Vampire Counts : 2 Months painting : No jokers
TheDarkArg : Dwarfs : 2 Months painting : No jokers
The eater of Pie : Woodies : 2 months painting : 1 joker
The eater of Pie : Chaos : 2 Months painting : 1 joker
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull : Night Goblins : 4 months painting : No jokers.
Zark the Dammed : Ogres : 4 Months painting : No Jokers.

PLEASE CHECK THIS LIST FOR ACCURACY AND LET ME KNOW WHERE I HAVE GOT IT WRONG.

Harry
01-11-2007, 08:18
I normally post my armies straight away to get the ball rolling. However some are not quite finished yet. (The shame).
Those that are I have finished I have not had the opportunity to photograph yet.
(I have been working silly hours and don't get home in the day light).

So I will be unable to photograph and thus post my stuff till the weekend.

My point is ... don't feel you have to wait for me. (Just because I normally post my stuff first. No reason it needs to be that way).

If you are done and ready to post ... knock yourselves out ... get the ball rolling

I will post my stuff up when I get the chance.

PLEASE CHECK YOUR ENTRY IN THE 'LIST OF PAINTERS' (ABOVE) AND HELP ME KEEP IT UP TO DATE AND ACCURATE.
I WILL HAVE DELETE ONE OR TWO NAMES WHO SEEM TO HAVE 'FALLEN BY THE WAYSIDE' IF WE HEAR NOTHING FROM THEM AGAIN.

silverstu
01-11-2007, 09:24
Hi Harry- I'll posting my pics at the weekend too. Septembers was VERY late- i was hoping to count my longbeards as sept and then post octobers new stuff- gyrocopter and runesmith this weekend. Thus far i would then have 2 months painting and one joker[if that's ok with your goodself].
Cheers
Stu.

McMullet
01-11-2007, 09:35
Seeing the great Harry falling behind makes me feel a lot better about being late with my 40K painting for this month... :D Looking forward to seeing all your work as usual Fantasy dudes!

Arhalien
01-11-2007, 10:22
Probably saturday for my pics too, even though I've had my stuff finished for over a week now. Just too busy to take pics ;)

Dino
01-11-2007, 14:32
Well might as well post my stuff...

The Middenland and Middenheim 8th(Empire)

Units:10 Knights of the White Wolf

Backround/Theme: Middenlanders and Middenheimers banding together to defend their homeland from the vile creaters that threaten to invade their homelands.

Build/Conversion: Building wise I used most of the plain strait forwar stuff people would normally use to make knights of the white wolf and also use some of the arms that come with the knights with the lances and hammers cut of. Then I converted the hammers using the flaggelant maces hammer heads from old dwarf hammers and from the knights of the white wolf sprue all then placed on a nice little piece of plastic rode and stuck in their hand. The Percepters horse got a little head piece that was the banner top with the little things cut off.

Painting: Nothing to special this time.

Basing: basicly the same with snow added this time. The snow is a mixture of backing soda, water, white acrylic paint, and white glue.

Still to do: Nothing.(Actually their is something, I still need to come up with designs for the top of their banner)

Ups: Finally getting three months worth of work finished
Downs:....Can't think of any.

Points:10 knightly Orders, great weapons, Full command pts.270
Total from last month 623
All around total 893
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g212/Dinoartist/Picture196.jpg
Army shot
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g212/Dinoartist/Picture202.jpg
Now for next month I really am just gonna do one thing really wich is a warrior preist, but until then here's a picture of my dog Ein.
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g212/Dinoartist/Picture201.jpg
:D

jme
01-11-2007, 15:10
Yay, my internet is finally working! First off great work everyone on last months work! Even tho I managed to get some painting done while moving house, the models did not survive the move! When I got them out of the box they were broken, bent and chipped, so Im going to have to play a joker for last month and will have pics up soon for this month while I repair and repaint! Looking forward to seeing everyones work!
@Dino, loving your work, it looks so good already, will be amazing when finished.

Khrangar
01-11-2007, 17:45
@Dino: If you feed him magic mushrooms, does he hop everywhere? The army is looking quite impressive so far, I quite like the blue.

Khrangar

Arhalien
01-11-2007, 21:10
Erm Harry, your list only has me on 2 months painting, and Armos and Azyreth seem to be in the same boat; there may be more as I've only looked at the very top of the list.

Knighta
01-11-2007, 21:48
Hello all,

Warlord Shizknits Horde

Units:1 Battle Standard Bearer and 1 Warlock Engineer (Wizard)

Backround/Theme: It's a Horde, and Every horde needs leaders

Build/Conversion: Battle Standard is the limited edition from the army deal set, and the warlock was strtaight from the blister.

Painting: Pretty basic, hope to get back to the banner in the future, although i mixed greens for the banner

Basing: Green ink and sawdust

Still to do: Hopefully if i have time later the banner

HIGHS: Pretty happy with them
LOWS: Design on the banner, just cant get it right

TOTAL: 600+175 =775
(I'll make up on this next month)

Sorry for the crap photos
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd314/Knighta22/IMG_1353.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd314/Knighta22/IMG_1357.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd314/Knighta22/IMG_1358.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd314/Knighta22/IMG_1359.jpg

Next Month:
30 Stormvermin

Comments: (This is gunna be a huge post....)
@Harry,silverstu,Arhalien: ...Come on fellas, lets go
@Dino: Love the white wolf, and your dog looks awesome too

Oh and harry, you've miss-typed my name in the log

Danny76
01-11-2007, 22:02
Posting on the first day for once!! =P

EMPIRE:

UNITS: Wizard and 11 Handgunners with Marksmen and Hochland,

BUILD/CONVERSION: Had these pre-built from month two when i joined ToFP

PAINTING: Had quite a bit of the handgunners done already from last month (spanned the two), so just did finishing touches on them. Painted up wizard in Lore Of Heavens style.

BASING: same as last months

STILL TO DO: finish highlights and tiny details (on the whole army really)

HIGHS AND LOWS: Lows were that i have not really been at home for 3 weeks so could only get so much done.

TOTAL POINTS : 601 (which is just right for the three months i've been in ToFP, i don't know whether you jokered my first month Harry as i joined late? or if i still have two..)

This Months Work:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j191/Danny76_photos/IMG_8534.jpg

And the whole army so far:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j191/Danny76_photos/IMG_8522.jpg

Zodiac
01-11-2007, 22:53
A beer for all those effectively participating!

I love it all! Especially Dino's Knights , and Knighta's BSB!
The head swap on Danny's mage is also a really good idea.. Might need to remember that one!

EDIT: Where the hell is Netguru? I haven't seen him in months!

NetGuru
01-11-2007, 22:57
Im coming back.....

Basically over the last month and a bit ive got a new job which has cut down my painting time by about 90% so i started to lose intrest, coupled with my brother buying an xbox means that barring a Chaos Terminator lord i got i havnt touched a paintbrush for weeks (hence my no show last month) but now ive decided that my army is too nice for it to fall by the way side like so many others, so ive started working on it again!

I should have some pics of the new stuff by next week then hopefully i should be able to get back on track...

Harry
01-11-2007, 23:11
@McMullet
Bite me. :D

@Dino
Well done mate. Another solid perforamance this month and another early post.
The snow is a great addition to the bases and some very nive painting on that banner this month.

@Knighta
Apologies on the name I have corrected that.
Well done on another succesful months painting. It's starting to look like a horde now
I think The BSB is your best painting so far. It's nice when you pull it off on a Ltd ed. mini. As for the design on the banner have you tried drawing it on and then you have some lines to paint to rather than just going for it freehand?

@Danny76
Got you down for two months (well three months now) and one joker. Hope thats OK.
Well done for getting it done despite being away from home and...
Well done for posting on the first day. (more than I managed this month).
It is difficult to make out much from the photos but it all looks good from what I can tell.
I like the green you have chosen. The muted tone you have seems much better than some of the bright greens I have seen on Empire armies. I also like the head swap.

@Netguru
It will be great to see you back.
I was lovin your stuff.

I have made some corrections to the list of painters.

Dead orc
02-11-2007, 01:04
I'm going to have to joker this month... but on the list it should be 3 months painting (and now one joker :()
The saurus riders are probabl 40% finished... there just so damned awkward to paint and base layering all ways saps my will...

Harry
02-11-2007, 01:33
I'm going to have to joker this month... but on the list it should be 3 months painting (and now one joker :()
The saurus riders are probabl 40% finished... there just so damned awkward to paint and base layering all ways saps my will...
Sorry your forced to Joker. Layering saps everybodies will. Power on though it for next month. I have corrected your entry. Cheers.

Dino
02-11-2007, 03:24
@jme: I do hope that you get youre stuff fixed.

@Khrangar: Thx, and not shure I haven't tried yet(somebody has apperently watched Cowboy Bebop:D).

@Knighta: Very nice work man. Though how you are going to paint 30 stormvermin in a month is beyond me but when it is finished they will look awsome, just like the rest of the army. And thanks for the comment on the dog.

@Danny76: The wizard is very nice. I shall also have to remember to do that head swap for one of my future wizards(4 lores down 4 to go).

@Zodiac: Thx.

And at all others who are working on finishing,..... take youre time and don't get stressed out over this. You all have lives that are fairly demanding so no biggy. Unless youre like me and have no life at all(probablly why I use to play WOW).

Any way cheers and good luck to all.

Edit: Oh and Harry you didn't change my thing that says that I painted this month.

Knighta
02-11-2007, 04:21
@Knighta: Very nice work man. Though how you are going to paint 30 stormvermin in a month is beyond me but when it is finished they will look awsome, just like the rest of the army. And thanks for the comment on the dog.

Hehe, 30 stormvermin is nothing compared to 60 slaves that i did month 3. Your amry's looking great also, the blues really unifying them

@Knighta
As for the design on the banner have you tried drawing it on and then you have some lines to paint to rather than just going for it freehand?

Arghh, im and idiot **bangs head on wall**. Why didnt i think of that? Thanks Harry

Catferret
02-11-2007, 06:16
OK, my entry (so far) for this October. I got a Bellower done for my second Bulls unit. I shall update this entry if I get any more models done but that is looking unlikely given my work. We shall see.

UNITS: Ogre Bull Bellower

BUILD/CONVERSION: Straight from box. Added a Gnoblar to his base coz Gnoblars are cool! :D

PAINTING: Bit of a rush job really but he's similar to the rest of my guys so far. I experimented a little with the skin and added another layer of paint between the Scorched Brown and Tanned Flesh (basically a 50/50 mix of the two). It reduced the overall painting time so I'll see what folk think about it.

BASING: Sand. Paint Scorched Brown. Drybrush Codex Grey. Drybrush a couple of areas with Grayeyard Earth. Add Scorched Grass and drybrush Kommando Khaki (that stage still to be done)

STILL TO DO: Finish the base

HIGHS AND LOWS: No highs this month. I have hardly touched a model in the last month. Wasn't in the mood to do anything until about a week back.

TOTAL POINTS : 784. Only 16 points shy so it isn't too bad. Adding another Bull would take me over the mark but I could just wait til next month.

Pictures:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/catferret/Bellower1.jpghttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/catferret/Bellower2.jpg

And one with the flash turned on just out of curiosity.
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/catferret/Bellower3.jpg

No picture of the whole army because I only did one model this month! Seems kind of silly to take a new group shot...

75hastings69
02-11-2007, 10:14
Well as I thought I am going to have to Joker all 4 of my armies due to the building work at home. So that will be me having taken both Jokers for each of my 4 armies now..... welcome to last chance saloon!

@ Dino, looking really nice mate, can't wait to see how the whole army looks at the end.

@ NetGuru, glad you are back, I always looked forward to seeing your Empire army entries for TOFP.

Harry
02-11-2007, 11:02
@Dino
Sorry matey. Done that now.

@catferret.
Wonderful again. That must be your best face yet (or you have just given us a better close up look this time and so we can see just how good your painting is.

Don't worry aboutdoing anotherone for this month. You are well on target.

@Hastings.
So sorry life has got in the way. (You know folks look forwardto seeing your stuff and I am no exception).
Hope the building work goes well and you can get back on track next month.

Jonahmaul
02-11-2007, 12:11
@ Dino - cool looking Empire

@ Knighta - that is a seriously large amount of models to have to paint so well done on getting them all done.

@ Netguru - your painting is exceptional, please do come back as I for one definately want to see more of your awesome army.

@ Carferret - cool looking bellower, sure we can forgive you for being a few poits under

@ Hastings - thats a whole lotta painting you've gotta do once you've finished putting your house back together!!

@ Harry - looking forward to seeing your stuff when you've got in photographed

I've finished mine stuff for this month bar a few finishing touches to the shaman and a few bases. Think my camera is round my mum's house so i'll go get it tonight after work & hopefully have pictures up on the weekend.

Animerik
02-11-2007, 12:12
ORCS AND GOBLINS (in lustria)

http://img29.picoodle.com/img/img29/6/11/2/f_spidersm_9ceab0b.jpg

UNIT:Spider riders

BACKGROUND/THEME: Orcs and goblins in lustria

BUILD/CONVERSION:straigth from bfsp with added detail with plastic cart on sheilds, sword, banner

PAINTING: Speed painted during work. THey are not that good looking but will do on the table

BASING: cork & putty with some sand, static grass and clump foliage

STILL TO DO: wash to bring out detail and mke them les flat. and some tiding up

HIGHS AND LOWS:they were fun to make bases for and the bending of the legs went good. still I wish I brought a ordinary box of spider riders since these are welll... bfsp standard and they are 2 part......

http://img29.picoodle.com/img/img29/6/11/2/f_bossm_b330adb.jpg
UNIT:Black Orc Big Boss Battel Standard Bearer (BOBBBSB :wtf: )

BACKGROUND/THEME: Orcs and goblins in lustria

BUILD/CONVERSION: A 40k warboss with added stuff from black orc kit nad gs + plastic cart. Was fun and pretty quick

PAINTING:Tried to make him look like a black orc without to much black and I think it turned out ok.

BASING:same as spide riders.

STILL TO DO: some highlights maybe some details and varnish.

HIGHS AND LOWS: Really fun to do and the banner turened out good (if I may say so) the only lows I can find is that he is hard to rank up

POINTS: Can´t find my army book aywhere still a bit around 115 for the BOBBBSB and the riders around 140 maybe?

Zodiac
02-11-2007, 16:03
Wow Animerik, the head on that standard bearer is TEH SIX~!
Really great, is it some lizardmen saurus rider unit bit?

@Netguru: I know you would, :) Check your PM box!

Dino
02-11-2007, 16:09
@Animerik: Very nice. I perticullarly like the spider riders(mainly becouse my brother hates spider:D). Army shot:confused:?

@Catferret: One ogre! Not to worry man expecially ogres cost a punch of points.

sigur
02-11-2007, 16:36
@Harry: Well, so you aren't the first to post your pictures, not a problem. At least you don't let us others cringe in shame of only entering with one army and still not quite reaching your level of painting and enthusiasm right away.;)

@Dino: Nice Empire army you have there. It's shaping up nicely. Is your dog called after the character from the Dead or Alive series?

@Knighta: Looking good and best of luck for next month.

@Danny76: It's not easy to see in your pictures so all I can say is that you're going for an unusual colour scheme.

@Catferret: I like the shading on the skin. And this club of his looks vicious.;)

@hastings: Sorry to hear that. Your entries always have been intriguing so far. Best of luck for next month.

@Animerik: Wow, very good work. The bases are especially well done.

Good to see you people still contributing to the project. ;) I'll post what I did (what I'm still doing actually :eyebrows: ) within the next few days. You can follow my proceedings in my project log if you like.

Hespithe
02-11-2007, 20:00
Hespithe's Bloodbulls of Khaarg

UNIT(S):
Khaarg the Immaculate - General, Doombull
1x 4 Bloodbulls w/ Great Weapons
3x 8 Chaos Hounds (Spiders)
1x 8 Chaos Furies

BACKGROUND/THEME:
Imagine an Ogre Kingdoms Tribe that has forsworn its fealty and devotion to The Maw in favor of a deity that promises more satisfaction on all levels than The Maw has ever provided. The Tribe has gone over to Khorne, and as is the norm for Chaos in all of its malevolent forms, such malevolent forms appear within the bodies of its worshipers, the Doombull more than most. Such mutation and fanaticism would boost the abilities of the typical Ogre substantially. The army uses the Beastmen rules set.

BUILD/CONVERSION:
Khaarg is based off of the Ogre Tyrant metal body, and keeps the weapon options found within that kit. The shield and gut-plate are scavenged from the 40K Chaos Defiler sprues. The flaming mane and hooves (and leg warmers) are greenstuff. It took quite a bit of cutting, griping, and bleeding before I was finally satisfied (convinced it wasn't gonna get any better) with the model.

The Bloodbulls are based from Ogre Kingdoms Bull Ogres with just a few tweaks and an intense Khornate Red paint scheme. I'm hoping that not too many people have trouble recognizing these guys as Khornate Minotaur Wannabes, but I expect a little flak none the less.

The Spiders were a trip. I was initially looking for a few BfSP boxed set spiders but was unable to find enough. A friend tipped me off to a local party supply store that had bags of spiders that should be about the right size. Best tip yet.

The Furies are Ral Partha Gargoyles. I've always liked these better than the GW Furies. I also use them as a Harpy Warband when playing Mordheim.

PAINTING:
I'm hoping that all of the models will satisfactorily fit the Chaos Ogre theme. Skin tones will be Khornate Red, and most other colors will be darker to emphasize the flesh tones.

BASING:
Fairly typical, in order to match the gaming terrain we use most often. Sand, painted in earthy browns, and then flocked is pretty much the norm.

STILL TO DO:
Next, Exalted Daemon and 20 more Bloodbulls.

Doombull - General, Hellfire 'Mace', Heavy Armour, Shield - 304pts
1x 4 Bloodbulls w/ Great Weapons - 229
3x 8 Spiders - 144pts
1x 8 Furies - 120pts

Total: 797pts thus far...

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/Hespithe/Fantasy%20Chaos/DSC01147.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/Hespithe/Fantasy%20Chaos/DSC01150.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/Hespithe/Fantasy%20Chaos/DSC01148.jpg

Zark the Damned
02-11-2007, 20:48
Orgath Dragoneater's Brassbelly Ogres

Here's my stuff for the month - have been a bit hectic for a while so not had a proper chance to go through the threads and comment yet!

This month I have painted up my Tyrant, Orgath Dragoneater! (to be honest I got a good chunk done in September and mostly just had to finish him off)

High Points: The Dragon Helmet
Low Points: Trying to paint his face inside the helmet! (really dropped the ball when assembling, should've made the helmet removable...)

Sadly my Photography was taken in a bit of a rush so it hasn't come out that well, I will try get better shots next update!

Firstly, Orgath Himself!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/zarkthedamned/Miniatures/Brassbelly%20Ogres/oct-orgath-front.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/zarkthedamned/Miniatures/Brassbelly%20Ogres/oct-orgath-left.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/zarkthedamned/Miniatures/Brassbelly%20Ogres/oct-orgath-right.jpg

Army shot next
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/zarkthedamned/Miniatures/Brassbelly%20Ogres/oct-army-2.jpg

Not counting any 'gear for Orgath, so a straight 200 points (I change his kit sometimes)

In total so far:
Ironguts: 242
Leadbelchers: 175
Maneaters: 270
Orgath Dragoneater: 200
Plus some Bulls from before the TOFP started, which I won't count.

Total: 887pts

Next up I will probably paint up a Butcher and maybe make a start on some Gnoblars... but I really oughta work on more Ironguts also :O

Ad-Hoc
03-11-2007, 00:43
Sorry guys. The Photos are pure Rubbish. I'll replace them at some point. Been getting my Mighty Empires board ready so only a few models this time.

Waagh! Blackfang!

Unit(s): Da 'Opperz! n' some Trollz.

Background/Theme: Da 'Opperz are the most insane members of the Blood Moons Squig Hunters. Riding their charges into battle they either fail spectacularly or cause a truly scary amount of damage to the enemy. Either way its all in fun. The Trollz, are.. well some Trollz from Marzog's pets. A Troll is a Troll.

Build/Conversion: The 'Opperz are as is. One of the Trolls has had a Hand swap and a new icon added to provide some variety.

Painting: Trolls done to match previous Troll, 'Opperz to match previous Squigs and Gobbo's. Mainly Base colour then Ink.

Basing:Green Base, sanded with a Green Ink wash

Still to do: Could detail the troll's bases and varnish of course.

Highs/Lows High was seeing them looking like an army. Lows werepainting Metal and having to take the Army Shot.

Total = 815

Da Currant
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a350/AdHoc/IMG_1321.jpg

Da 'Opperz
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a350/AdHoc/IMG_1319.jpg

Da Trollz
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a350/AdHoc/IMG_1320.jpg

Da Lot
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a350/AdHoc/IMG_1323.jpg

sigur
03-11-2007, 02:06
Druchii Hunting Party:

MODEL:
Beastlord Rakarth of Karond Kar / Dark Elves Highborn on Black Dragon - 470/5xx pts (counts for September and October)

Meh, it's hard to turn this guy into what them youngers call "competetive top-tier build" without breaking WYSIWYG. Yet, I didn't have the heart to chop this model up and convert it (which in my case would have equalled destroying it). There's also a new armybook coming up in less than a year or so.

BACKGROUND/THEME:
*sigh* Still none.

BUILD/CONVERSION:
As I wrote above; no conversions have been done. Assembling the dragon wasn't that hard. Every connection has been pinned twice and the gaps have been filled with GS. The regular stuff.

PAINTING:
The main emphasis is on Rakarth himself. He's colourful incarnate by what most people would call "druchi standard" and eventhough the purple boots and gloves might be a tad over the top, I still like the outcome as it is. I tried a new way of highlighting on the Shield's purple areas. You see this technique quite often on Space Marines shoulderpads I think and it seems to be favored by the 'Eavy Metal team. I put quite a bit of efford into the golden parts on Rakarth, especially his shoulderpads, working on new ways of painting gold I had tried first on August's Cold One Knights.

BASING:
None yet. The guy who sold me the miniature a year and a half ago didn't have the original base any more so I guess I have to make the base on my own or maybe I still have a WHFB monster base lying around somewhere.

STILL TO DO:
Most obviously the base and the banner. Then, there are these tiny skulls on the chainmail parts of Rakarth's armour. For some odd reason, I forgot finishing them. The shame, the shame...

Total: ~1024pts so far in the Tale of Fantasy Painters, 2185pts in total. Wow, I didn't think that it was that much already.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/Lexandro/Dark%20Elves/rakarthfinished1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/Lexandro/Dark%20Elves/rakarthfinished2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/Lexandro/Dark%20Elves/rakarthfinishedback.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/Lexandro/Dark%20Elves/tofpall2.jpg

Edit: Oh, and everyone who did not spot the Valhallan sniper who hides in three of those pictures takes a wound and has to roll for armour save.

Dino
03-11-2007, 02:51
@Hespithe: Very nice furies man.

@Zark: Love the mask on the dragon mask.

@Ad-Hoc: Great work.

@sigur: Nice to see that you have youre highborn on dragon almost done. And to answer question no he's actually named after the dog after one of my favorite animes "cowboy bebop".

sigur
03-11-2007, 03:02
@Zark the Damned: This skull is looking ace! Where is it from?

@Dino: Thanks. I think I saw a few minutes of Cowboy Bebop once, but it was very late and I fell asleep.

This month, I'm going to paint six Harpies and a Noble on a Dark Pegasus.

Catferret
03-11-2007, 06:31
Wow! There's some great looking armies appearing!

Adhoc: Dear lord, that's a lot of goblins! Sweet.

Sigur: Dragon chappy looks ace. Nice work. The cold ones look a little out of place though. Nicely painted but the colours seem to stand out a little too much. Probly just me being a fussy bugger. Just ignore me!

Zark: I'm guessing that's the plastic dragon skull from the giant kit? Looks good. Makes that Tyrant really stand out!

To everybody: Congrats for keeping up with the target, most of the 40k painters have dropped out! WFB obviously breeds a better standard of hobbyist! :p ;)

75hastings69
03-11-2007, 09:16
@ Sigur, everything is looking incredible! I especially like the horns on the dragon very well done.

Harry
03-11-2007, 09:25
@Anemerik
Loving the attention to deatilon thoses bases. They look great.
Love the natural colours of the spiders. Works well as a contrast to the brighter colours (the greens and reds) of an Orc and Goblin horde.

BBOBSBBBOBBBSBOSOB. :D Is a wonderful paint job.

@Hespithe
Loving the mix of models in your army. I am no stranger to plasic toys myself. :D
Not seen thos minis before they make great Furies.

@Zark the Dammed
Love the Tyrant. The Dragon head helmet is fantastic. Where did that come from ofr did you make it?
Whole army together is looking great.

@Ad hoc
That really is starting to look like a lot of goblins. Thats like, at least two of my armies in terms of number of models. Well done. Lots of squigs. :D Whats not fun about squigs.

@sigur
I would post some wonderful comments about that wonderful cenerpiece for your army but sadly I am dead. The sniper got me. Didn't spot him at all. Had to go back and see what you were talking about after reading the entire post. Most amusing. :D

Zark the Damned
03-11-2007, 13:39
For all who were wondering, the Dragon Skull on Orgath is indeed from the Giant set - I sut the top part off the club and neatened up the back a bit, added the Jaws around a normal head and GS'd new straps from the jaw through the eye sockets. I had a little GS left over so I made a little ball to go into the left eye socket (sometimes it may represent a magic item)

AdHoc - Looking good there, sure I'll see them all in real life soon enough. Not sure what program you use to process photos, but I'd advise finding the 'levels' function and fiddling around with that to de-yellow the pics and brighten them up (it's what I do). Though tbh the new energy saver bulbs in the living room can' be helping much...

Animeik - Loving that Standard Bearer, very good skin tones. Spider Riders also looking good.

Hespithe - Like those Gargoyles - my only suggestion would be to re-base them. Looks a bit odd to me for each individual model to be standing on their own small patch of cobbles.

Sigur - That dragon is awesome. As I have said before, your purples are very well executed, I am looking forward to seeing him based up. And I passed my Armour Save! (though I did take a wound at the start of the thread from my Wyrdstone Necklace)

Jonahmaul
03-11-2007, 14:23
@ Animerik - cool looking stuff, really liking that BOBBBSB!

@ Hespithe - really cool theme for the army & some nicely painted stuff. Those furies are really cool, as you say, much better that GW's effort.

@ Zark - nice Ogre, you can pat yourself on the back for that Dragon helm because it does looking very impressive.

@ Ad-Hoc - cool looking goblins & the army is coming together nicely but pictures are a little dark so hard to make out.

@ Sigur - Rakarth and the Dragon are awesome. Your other stuff has been good but because of the size of the model its a lot easier to see your talent. Really nicey painted miniature & the army looks awesome together.

Hespithe
03-11-2007, 15:13
Dino, I once tried Empire, but I just couldn't get 'into' them. Your army makes me think that I was moving in the wrong direction entirely. The army looks awesome.

I really love those Ogres, the Dark Elf Dragon, and that Skaven Horde. Those Spiders rock! Oh, and Animerik's BSB is the schizzle.

Danny, are you going for a magic heavy gunline? I've never actually seen both in an Empire list. The units look great, and I'm planning on visiting your blog so I can see those characters again.

Great job, All! Seems to be some sizable forces on the near horizon!

Arhalien
03-11-2007, 19:21
Sods law; finally take some pics but can;t find the camera connection cable :rolleyes:

Catferret
03-11-2007, 19:42
I know how you feel Arhalien. Now I have to use my flatmate's pc with it's SD card reader then email the pics to my pc. Problem is I'm incredibly lazy...

Due to my close call with finishing October's models, I have started November's today! One ogre bull done already barring the base. If I can do one a week I'm sorted for meeting the target! :D

Dino
03-11-2007, 19:42
@Arhalien: Does the camera have a card in it.

Arhalien
03-11-2007, 19:59
Yes, but I don;t have a slot on this laptop :(

sigur
03-11-2007, 20:12
Due to my close call with finishing October's models, I have started November's today! One ogre bull done already barring the base. If I can do one a week I'm sorted for meeting the target!

I also always try to use the motivational boost of a finished month's work to get as much as possible done at the beginning of the new month.;) That's why I started working on six Harpies earlier today. Should be 78pts. Then there's this Dark Pegasus mounted Noble too...so no time for lazing, a new month has begun! :)

Concerning the Cold Ones looking out of place...you may be right. I also feel that they aren't painted that well anyway but since having seen the three-up of the new DE Cold Ones, I don't think that repainting my current ones is worth the efford.

@Harry: Thanks for the kind compliments in potentia. It's a real pity that the sniper got you. I guess he was angry about my attention swining from Valhallans back to Dark Elves and this project. Next time you find yourself in this unfortunate situation I suggest having your "Watch out, Sir! - Aaargh" strategy card at hand.;) Be sure that the guardsman will be punished for his disdemeanour. According to the Uplifting Primer, it's some flogging IIRC.

@Zark the Damned: Grats on passing your armour save (eventhough I suspect you to be corrupted by the dark powers for wearing a wyrdstone necklace) and thanks for your comments. I'm also looking forward to seeing this darned base finished. I guess I'll have to do that soon because right now, the dragon keeps on falling over.

@Jonahmaul: And again, thanks.:) In my painting log, you can find pictures of the whole army (sans the dragon because I took the pictures two month ago or so).

Catferret
03-11-2007, 20:20
Sigur, the rest of the force looks amazing. It was just a niggle with the cold ones. Didn't mean to sound negative about your stuff.

The new cold ones do look very tasty and Jes Goodwin hinted that they may not have stupidity in the next Dark Elf book. Could be worth waiting for the new ones.

sigur
03-11-2007, 20:46
No offense taken at all, buddy.;) Looking at my Cold Ones, they might really look a bit out of place. I'm not sure if I can judge that objectively since I chose the scheme and I'm used to seeing them like that.

Cold Ones losing Stupidity? I'm not a fan of that idea, but the new miniatures really are worth waiting.

Harry
03-11-2007, 22:40
First up ... I started this mini last month ...

DARK ELVES:

UNIT(S) : My Army general. High Sorceress riding Manticor.

BACKGROUND/THEME: None. The army will be made entirely from vintage Marauder miniatures.

BUILD/CONVERSION: Vintage Marauder Dark Elf sorceress.
Riding Dieter Helsnicht's Manticore (old undead character).

PAINTING: I painted the Manticore scorched brown then worked up through several layers of blending to bubonic brown. I went with green wings (Although I liked them black) to match the Hydra I painted last month. The High Sorceress. The flesh was painted the same as the other Elves but I added some 'warpaint' to make her look a bit different.

BASING: I put them on a rock. Around the edge is the same as the other bases to tie it in with the rest of the army (Gritty sand, scorched brown highlighted with bestial brown and bleached bone mixes. I have left these looking more baron as I imagine the far north of Naggaroth to be).

STILL TO DO: Done but I might have another go at some parts of this.

HIGHS AND LOWS: High : Happy with the Manticore and I painted it really quickly.
Low : Sorceress. Less happy. Pained the dress three times! Still not happy with the paint job.

POINTS: Sorceress 215 points. Manticor 190 points. (thats 405 points without any items).

TOTAL POINTS: 193 / 220 / 405 The points for this model will be spread over the next two months.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_2024.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_2030.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_2039.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_2051.jpg

Harry
03-11-2007, 22:55
DAEMONIC LEGION (KHORNE)

UNIT: 10 Bloodletters of Khorne.

BACKGROUND/THEME: Vanilla Bloodletters of Khorne.

BUILD/CONVERSION: Nothing special. Straight out of the box 10 Classic Bloodletters of Khorne.

PAINTING: Like last time I wanted to make them look like the Daemon from Legend. They were painted blood red all over then given an ink wash with a mix of red and purple ink. Claws and fur painted black. Armour drybrushed up through he metalics.
Demonic blades blended up through the greens. Then washed with green ink.

BASING: Idea adapted from Mouskillers Project log. (Many Thanks). Gritty sand leaving riverlets for lava. Painted these black and drybrushed with greys the rivers of lava were then painted scab red, blood red, orange, and yellow carefully letting some of the previous colours show.

HIGHS AND LOWS: No lows. It is not very exciting painting another unit of something you have already done …but given the number of goblins and skaven some of you guys have to paint …I can’t complain.
High : How well they matched the other 10 even though there was three months inbetween them … to the point I was able to mix and match the units.

STILL TO DO: I have realised I have not done a standard/icon for these.

TOTAL POINTS : 195 / 75 (+ if Scyla) / 230 (+ with gifts) / 195 = 695 (+)

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_2001.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_2002.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_2004.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_2020.jpg

Harry
03-11-2007, 23:20
VAMPIRE COUNTS:

UNIT: Black Coach.

BACKGROUND/THEME: I read a rumour that the black coach could become Etherial. (and also it could fly amongst other things). So was born the idea of a the 'Grey coach'.

BUILD/CONVERSION: Black coach. Lanterns added from the Mordhien sprue. Chains added to the harness and riens. Two vintage skeletal steeds used to pull it. (They have a more etherial look than the usual steeds). Coachman built using the empire militia sprue. Wanted him, looking slightly crazed and riding on the haft wildly wipping his steeds Ben hur like. Pinned the whole thing floating of the ground for that etherial look.

PAINTING: Nothing clever. Undercoated black, Painted Codex grey, dry brushed up with progresively lighter greys. lanterns painted yellow. orange wash. (For the ghost train look).

BASING: Base built up first with modelling putty. Then polyfilla to make the muddy track. Painted with various browns and washed with inks. Gritty sand, bestial brown highlighted with snakebite leather and bleached bone mixes with static grass applied to finish them off. 'Mile stone' added

STILL TO DO: Going to add a mini or two to this base. Looking scared.

HIGHS AND LOWS: Low. The greenstuffed riens was a challenge for me. High : The result. I am so pleased with how this worked out. This is what it looked like in my head but I didn't know if I could pull it off.

TOTAL POINTS : 245 / 195 / 240 / 200 = 880

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_2058.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_2061.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_1998.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_2088.jpg

sigur
03-11-2007, 23:33
@Harry: I admit I had to smile when I saw Dieter Helsnich's manticor again. Wouldn't have thought to see it used in any army anymore. What do you think of the miniature? Personally, I don't like the current Manticore so I considered to use this one instead, but dumped the idea again.

This sorceress is a cool-looking miniature; they just don't have that hairstyle any more these days. The skin looks very good the way you painted it and the dress looks good. Maybe the shading/highlights on the lower part (from the waist down) could be a bit more smooth or less stark. What struck me a bit about the manticor (the mane looks perfect by the way, as does the face) is the green wings. I mean, it's an interesting scheme but I think they shouldn't be all green. Maybe keep the "frames/fingers" or what you call it the same colour as the manticor's torso? Oh, and one question (maybe I asked when you posted the Hydra already): Seems like you used a real stone for the base. How did you attach the manticor to the rock? A hot-glue gun? I'm currently pondering how I could do the base for the Dark Pegasus I'm painting this month. Is it possible to make a big metal miniature standing in a rock, touching it only with one hoof?

Your TOFP DE force looks great so far. The theme is great.;)

Speaking of stong themes, your demonic legion is also coming along very nicely. I like how you're doing the weapons; very demonic and outlandish. The lava bases add greatly to the models. Thumbs up.

As I said in your painting log, this is one cool (not so) Black Coach. Nice use of the Dwarf laterns. Not sure if they wouldn't have looked even spookier if their light would have been green. Anyway, great miniature, good conversion, the "floating" idea works great and the base is perfect. Where did you get the ivy from? Does it consist of the single leafs and you apply them in a fashion they resemble ivy?

Lastly, the Undead force has the most awesome bases of all your projects here and you used the sacophagus from Heroquest very well. The marble pattern on it looks perfect too.

Dino
04-11-2007, 01:05
@Harry: Very nice. All around very nice work. The coach is peticullarly nice. Good to see the DE sorcerrous finished.

Hespithe
04-11-2007, 01:23
Harry, awesome work, definitely. I love the coach and undead!

armos
04-11-2007, 02:56
@ Dino; good job pal, you're clearly improving and your army's really coming together nicely... the blue and white certainly looks very striking.

@ Knighta; excellent stuff, I like the hotch-potch effect and the way you've used the green to accent things works well. I like the way you've used the green to distinguish clanrats from slaves too. The BsB is especially nice, keep it up. Quick query are you planning to paint the night runner's bases or are they black so they appear in shadow?... just a thought

@ Danny76; slightly blurry pics but looking nice, the colour scheme ties the regiments together well and your characters look good too.

@ Catferret; gorgeous work on the ogre... I love the slightly weathered look you've achieved with the face and the blood on the club is a nice touch. PS, your avatar makes me smile

@ Animerik; great month's work you're painting is coming on in leaps and bounds. I really like the weathering on the forest goblin's weapons and I love the BOBsB, you wouldn't know it was a conversion just from looking.

@ Hespithe; man those are some funky looking furies. This is by far one of the most striking armies in the thread, I love your use of alternative models, excellent!

@ Zark the Damned; Great looking tyrant, I love the use of the dragon skull. The trant fits in your army very nicely and the use of red shields ties everthing together wonderfully, another really impressive army.

@ Ad Hoc; wow! Gobbo-tastic! to produce that many models at a decent level of painting is a fantastic achievement, you're putting the rest of us to shame.

@ Sigur; beautiful beautiful work. This was one of my favourite models when it came out back in the day and you've really done it justice. The blending on the horns is especially nice and the colour scheme works well. Overall I'm really liking your stuff. If someone had told me your colour scheme without me seeing it I'll admit I would have been sceptical, but it works wonderfully. Being able to try something different and pulling it off so successfully is the mark of a truly great painter... can't wait to see more.

@ Harry; great stuff all round! the sorceress is great, I love the warpaint. is that Dieter Helsnitch's old manticore by the way? Nice work on the bloodletters... still loving the bases as much as ever. I really really like your black coach... IMO the best thing of yours I've seen to date. You've obviously thought a while about this model and the outcome is plain to see. I especially like the way you've painted the lanterns to be glowing... it's a nice touch and shows you haven't just drybrushed and left it at that. Base works well too.
Thanks for replying to my PM by the way, a lot of people say they don't drybrush cos they don't like the textured effect but I admit I've just never been that good at it. oh... and 'drunk posting' is the bane of my life but it loses out to 'drunk texting' for that mortifying moment of realisation in the morning!

Apologies to anyone I've missed and to all you who had to Joker I hope to see some pics next month. I'm especially pleased to see Netguru make a return.

Right... onto yours truly....

Gerudan War-Wolves

Units; 'Horny Gaff and the laughing Boys' (Chaos Ogres) and 'Remember Sevaar' (Chaos Spawn)

Background/Theme; Horny Gaff and the laughing boys encountered the Gerudan while following the trail of distruction left by the Chaos Giant Also Burk in his drunken rampage from the Mountains of Mourn all the way to the Northan Empire. Their mission, in the words of the Chaos Tyrant Brakak Deamon Biter was to "bring that stupid bloody great sod that kicked over my snowman back here or don't come back at all!!!" After catching up with Also Burk, and with their Bruiser's head subsequently clubbed several feet into the ground.. they elected that they'd never much liked their homelands anyway.

Remeber Sevaar was a hero of the Gerudan who fought in the battle against the Tzeentchian horde that all but exterminated their tribe. Though twisted by the enemy's magic and hideously mutated he still had the strength of heart to tell friend from foe and fought on with full vigour. Nowadays he is cared for by the rest of the tribe. A symbol of the Gerudan's unity and thirst for battle, as well as a reminder that they still have a score to settle with the unnamed Tzeentchian army (his D6+1 St4 attacks also come in handy)

Build/Conversion; not much, the horns on the Big Chaos Ogre were sculpted from green stuff. I wanted the spawn to be recognisable as once human so I used the more human bits from the sprue (this also leaves me some bitz to go a bit crazy with later on)

Painting; nothing much to report here, I wanted the Ogre's equpment to look rusty so I used a slightly different technique then with the rest of my army. The tatoos are just painted on with thinned chaos black and a thin brush. I also wanted the spawn's skin to look twisted and strained so several ink washes of red and purple were used before final highlights.

Basing; Bog standard sand painted brown with patches of static grass. The stones on the ogres bases are just pebbles from the garden.

Still to do; I'm wondering if it might work to give the Ogres more equipment hanging from their belts and stuff to represent their travelling nature... there's a lot of good stuff on the sprue but I like to mix and match so I might need a rummage in my bits box.

Highs; it's very satisfying seeing a regiment of big guys finished and ranked up.

Lows; I wanted the spawn's skin to match that of the rest of the guys (the ogres and my marauders) but also look strained, reddened and darker in the recesses to show of the twisted detail. I used several ink washes and then built the highlights up but couldn't quite get it right and had to keep going back and forth shading and highlighting.. which isn't a way I like to work as it makes it difficult to retain a clean look. Eventually I got to a point where enough was enough but he's very slightly pinker then the rest of the army. I dunno if it shows in the photos and the guys at my local GW said they couldn't see a difference but I can and it bugs me.

Also I wanted to use the banner from the Orc Command sprue for the Ogres but couldn't find the one I know I have in my bitz box anywhere... I looked everywhere but couldn't find it so plumped for the one that came with them and glued it on. Two days later a friend of mine who works in an e-bay shop said she had a present for me, a load of sprues they couldn't shift that she put aside... guess which sprue was amongst them!

Anyways enough blabbering you're here for the pics

Ogres:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a320/armos/chaos023.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a320/armos/chaos025.jpg

Spawn:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a320/armos/chaos026.jpg

And a not particularly good group shot... note the Wargor is having a bit of a redux at the mo but will be back shortly. Also note the second rank of Warriors as a bit of a preview of this November's work; actually I have another 10 on top of these already done but they need basing.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a320/armos/chaos027.jpg

cheers all!

Saulot
04-11-2007, 04:40
Awesome work all around guys! Great job!

I'm still trudging through my entry for this month. :(

@sigur: the dragon's horns turned out sooo good! great job!
@Harry: your Sorceress gave me goosebumps! very niiice!
@Hespithe: wow. very strong theme. one of my favorites!

I'll post more comments for everyone's work a little later on. But, for now, let me congratulate you all for finishing yet another month's work! GREAT JOB GUYS!

Catferret
04-11-2007, 06:08
Harry, the reins on the Grey Coach look great. A trick to save hassle in the future is use GW transfer sheets for reins and straps and stuff. It's flexible but strong, sticks quickly with super glue and everybody has transfer sheets lying around!

Armos, the tattoos on your ogres look great! I still haven't decided what I'm doing tattoo wise on mine so am leaving it til later.

Philoclass
04-11-2007, 06:33
Hi all,

I am new to Warseer. I have watched this site for some time but never posted. Recently I have stumbed across the (TOPS) community, and I think its awesome. I read the first post on it and I see its never to late to join or atleast until the end of July. So my question is how do I join? I want to paint a Bretonnian Army. Since I am starting late I assume I will not be able to reach 2000 points (also because were not suppose to post more than 200 points). Are their any more plans to to keep TOPS going for next year (past July)?

75hastings69
04-11-2007, 08:05
@ Harry, First off congratualtions. All of your forces are looking well themed and interesting. The ONLY thing I am not too keen on are the yellow lights on the Black Coach, personally I would have gone for a pale green with a little OSL but that is just me. The Bloodletters again are fantastic and the bases of the whole army so far give that little extra UMPH!

@ Armos, again what can I say, another solid performance this month! the style and colours used on the ogres (and I have to mention that I especially like the gut plates) are excellent. But the highpoint for me is that you actually made the new plastic spawn kit look OK, that is purely down to your painting skills as IMO the kit itself is dreadful. Overall I think you too have achieved a very cohesive look for your army, great stuff.

Harry
04-11-2007, 08:08
@Harry: I admit I had to smile when I saw Dieter Helsnich's manticor again. Wouldn't have thought to see it used in any army anymore. What do you think of the miniature? Personally, I don't like the current Manticore so I considered to use this one instead, but dumped the idea again.

This sorceress is a cool-looking miniature; they just don't have that hairstyle any more these days. The skin looks very good the way you painted it and the dress looks good. Maybe the shading/highlights on the lower part (from the waist down) could be a bit more smooth or less stark. What struck me a bit about the manticor (the mane looks perfect by the way, as does the face) is the green wings. I mean, it's an interesting scheme but I think they shouldn't be all green. Maybe keep the "frames/fingers" or what you call it the same colour as the manticor's torso? Oh, and one question (maybe I asked when you posted the Hydra already): Seems like you used a real stone for the base. How did you attach the manticor to the rock? A hot-glue gun? I'm currently pondering how I could do the base for the Dark Pegasus I'm painting this month. Is it possible to make a big metal miniature standing in a rock, touching it only with one hoof?

Your TOFP DE force looks great so far. The theme is great.;)

Speaking of stong themes, your demonic legion is also coming along very nicely. I like how you're doing the weapons; very demonic and outlandish. The lava bases add greatly to the models. Thumbs up.

As I said in your painting log, this is one cool (not so) Black Coach. Nice use of the Dwarf laterns. Not sure if they wouldn't have looked even spookier if their light would have been green. Anyway, great miniature, good conversion, the "floating" idea works great and the base is perfect. Where did you get the ivy from? Does it consist of the single leafs and you apply them in a fashion they resemble ivy?

Lastly, the Undead force has the most awesome bases of all your projects here and you used the sacophagus from Heroquest very well. The marble pattern on it looks perfect too.
Wow! Thanks for so much input. It really is appreciated.
The Manticor is a bit cartoony but ... It seemed to fit with the vintage marauder theme I have going on (Being an old Marauder sculpt from Trish). and the hair do seemed to match the sorceress so well. I have to say i like it more since painting it. It has lots of detail I had never appreciated.

Don't talk to me about the dress. Grrrr. I painted it three times already. I did a beautifully blended up purple version first but didn't like it. The one you can see there was a black wash over the previous effort and a quick highlight to be able to take the photo. It is not staying that way.

The wings ... I loved them black but I was trying to get they to match last months Hydra.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_2047.jpg

In retrospect maybe I should have painted BOTH Hydra heads and wings Black. I may see what i can do with black washes and see how they look VERY dark green.

I use a combination of Super glue and green stuff to stick things to Rocks. Ready the green stuff. Blob of super glue on foot, blob on rock, green stuff sandwich. Seems to give me a rock hard bond which has never let me down even with models I play with regularly.

The Daemons:
I am really pleased with the Daemons. The very tight theme's are starting to 'pay off' as we get more models done.

I repainted the Exaulted Daemons weopon to match the bloodletters.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_2021.jpg

The Vampire Counts:
Someone else suggested green for the lanterns ... but I had already painted them. I didn't think about that. However I have a mini planned to finish the base also holding a lantern so I think it will help tie it in to the model if it mirrors the coach. (and all the lanterns are yellow).

The ivy leaves are silver birch seeds. If you know a silver birch tree and visit it at the right time of year. (early summer) You will find drifts of these seeds. One visit to a tree will provide enough seeds for all your basing needs for the rest of your days.

Or you can just buy them online. I think Antenocites (sp?) Workshop does them pre painted in various colours.

The bases/unit fillers have worked out very well. I am having great fun with these undead. More bases to come next time.

Harry
04-11-2007, 08:32
@Harry: Very nice. All around very nice work. The coach is peticullarly nice. Good to see the DE sorcerrous finished.

Harry, awesome work, definitely. I love the coach and undead!

Thanks guys.

@ Harry; great stuff all round! the sorceress is great, I love the warpaint. is that Dieter Helsnitch's old manticore by the way? Nice work on the bloodletters... still loving the bases as much as ever. I really really like your black coach... IMO the best thing of yours I've seen to date. You've obviously thought a while about this model and the outcome is plain to see. I especially like the way you've painted the lanterns to be glowing... it's a nice touch and shows you haven't just drybrushed and left it at that. Base works well too.
Thanks for replying to my PM by the way, a lot of people say they don't drybrush cos they don't like the textured effect but I admit I've just never been that good at it. oh... and 'drunk posting' is the bane of my life but it loses out to 'drunk texting' for that mortifying moment of realisation in the morning!
Yes, it's Dieter's Manticor.

Thanks a lot. The key to dry brushing to avoid texture is to thin the paint and keep the brush wetter than you might imagine for 'Dry' brushing. Having said that you are never going to win any Golden demons with it.

The key to avoiding drunk posting is to get Sooo drunk you can't remember your log in.

@Harry: your Sorceress gave me goosebumps! very niiice!

Really? :D Thanks.

Harry, the reins on the Grey Coach look great. A trick to save hassle in the future is use GW transfer sheets for reins and straps and stuff. It's flexible but strong, sticks quickly with super glue and everybody has transfer sheets lying around!
Now you tell me!!!!! Grrrrr. :D

@ Harry, First off congratualtions. All of your forces are looking well themed and interesting. The ONLY thing I am not too keen on are the yellow lights on the Black Coach, personally I would have gone for a pale green with a little OSL but that is just me. The Bloodletters again are fantastic and the bases of the whole army so far give that little extra UMPH!
Mmmm you are the third person to have suggested green. (see my answer to Sigur above).

The OSL is a tricky one. I thought about it a lot and in the end decided that being etherial it would be too insubstantal to reflect the light. It would just pass right through. Wouldn't it?

and Thanks. One of the things I have learned since starting this ToP is just how much difference the bases make. It is more work but well worth the effort. Folks notice and appreciate it ... it is clearly something people value. The trick is trying to find something that looks good but is easy enough to reproduce on every model in the army.

Harry
04-11-2007, 08:50
Hi all,

I am new to Warseer. I have watched this site for some time but never posted. Recently I have stumbed across the (TOPS) community, and I think its awesome. I read the first post on it and I see its never to late to join or atleast until the end of July. So my question is how do I join? I want to paint a Bretonnian Army. Since I am starting late I assume I will not be able to reach 2000 points (also because were not suppose to post more than 200 points). Are their any more plans to to keep TOPS going for next year (past July)?
First ... welcome to Warseer.
Second ... pleased you have found us and enjoy what we are up to.
Third ... Joining. This is the first time I have done this. So I have been kind of making up the rules as we have gone along. We are just about at the point where it's too late to join (it was supposed to be after moth one!!!) but I don't want to tell anyone they can not join in.

I let Anemerik join in just last month, in the middle of month three. He had to use both his jokers for month one and two and then was ready to post immediatly for month three and assured me he would still be able to get month four done in time. He has been good to his word and one of the first to post this month.

Were you to join now you would need to take two jokers for the first two months (thus having no more jokers to use for the rest of the year ... although thats not such a big issue as lots of others have already used both their jokers) and be in a position to post both month three and month fours painting (400 points) this month (NOW or very soon!) AND still leave yourself enough time to paint month fives work this month to post early next month. If you can do this and catch up with us then I can't see any reason for you not to join. However I think this may be a bit of a big ask (especially with Bretonnians ... our two Bretonnian painters we had at the start have already 'fallen by the wayside'). Unless you have already started. Or paint like the wind. :D

I will absolutely, definitely be doing this again next year.
I have got more stuff painted since starting this than I have in 30 years in the hobby.
I will be doing this every year until my last mini is painted ... or I die ... whichever comes first. (There is a rumour that these will be similtaneous!:D)
I will start a thread again next June, expalining everything for people to sign up to and then first 200 point post will be in July.

I hope you can join us this year or next. Let us know.

75hastings69
04-11-2007, 09:29
I will be doing this every year until my last mini is painted ... or I die ... whichever comes first. (There is a rumour that these will be similtaneous!:D)

It's not a rumour Harry, I heard from a guy who once spoke to someone who used to live next door but one to a redshirt who had been on a day out with one of the GW HQ team to Alton Towers that he had heard of a guy who used to work with another guy who had a friend that was sort of related to this guy from Bristol who heard that a guy a few streets away actually died after painting a whole unit of Orge Bulls as he hadn't bought any more minis and as this 1 box consisted of his entire collection he died exactly as he had finished painting rust on the final models gutplate..... so it must be true!

Harry
04-11-2007, 09:35
It's not a rumour Harry, I heard from a guy who once spoke to someone who used to live next door but one to a redshirt who had been on a day out with one of the GW HQ team to Alton Towers that he had heard of a guy who used to work with another guy who had a friend that was sort of related to this guy from Bristol who heard that a guy a few streets away actually died after painting a whole unit of Orge Bulls as he hadn't bought any more minis and as this 1 box consisted of his entire collection he died exactly as he had finished painting rust on the final models gutplate..... so it must be true!

There you have it. Conclusive proof.

'If you paint your last mini ... you die!'

Have you ever known hastings to get in wrong when it comes to rumours???

Harry
04-11-2007, 09:39
On a seperate note. Check out my new, groovey, colour coded, 'List of Painters'.

Green: Still in and posted this month.
Orange: Still in but I have not heard from them this month ... yet.
Red: Have not heard from them in a while. If I do not hear from them this month ....

THE PAINTERS (OF FANTASY ARMIES)

AdHoC : Orcs and Goblins : 4 Months painting : No jokers
Agraaee : Beasts of Chaos : 1 Months painting : 1 joker
Aflo : Dark Elves : 2 Months Painting : 1 jokers
Animerik : 2 Months painting : 2 jokers
Arhalien : Woodies : 4 Months painting : No jokers
Armos : Chaos : 4 Months painting : No Jokers
Azyreth : Skaven : 2 Months painting : No jokers
Catferret : Ogres 4 Months painting : No jokers
Charger : changed to Dwarfs : 1 minths painting : 1 Joker
Danny 76 : Empire : 3 Months painting : 1 joker
Dave3555 : Dwarves : 2 Months painting : No jokers
Deadorc : Lizardmen : 3 Months painting : 1 Joker
Destris : Tomb Kings : 1 Months painting : No jokers (UNAVOIDABLY UNAVAILABLE)
Dino : Empire : 4 Months painting : No jokers
Doi : Dark Elves : 4 Months painting : No jokers
happy doctor : Dwarves : 2 Months painting : 1 joker
Harry : High Elves : 3 Months painting : No jokers
Harry : Dark Elves : 4 Months painting : No jokers
Harry : Dwarves : 3 Months painting : No jokers
Harry Daemonic Legion : 4 Months painting : No jokers
Harry Vampire Counts : 4 Months painting : No jokers
Hastings : Empire (Ostland) : 2 Months painting : 2 jokers
Hastings : Beasts of Chaos : 2 Months painting : 2 jokers
Hastings : Nurgle Daemonic Legion : 2 Months painting : 2 jokers
Hastings : Night Goblins : 2 Months painting. 2 jokers
Hespithe : Khornate Doombull ogres : 4 Months painting : No jokers
Huw Dawson : Dwarves : 3 Months painting : No jokers
jme : Dark Elves : 2 Months painting : 1 joker
Jonahmaul : Goblins : 3 Months painting : No jokers
Jorme : Ogres : 1 Months painting : 1 joker
Horus0001 : Chaos : 2 Months painting : 1 joker
Khrangar : Chaos : 1 Months painting : 1 jokers
Knighta : Skaven : 4 Months painting : No jokers.
Kraxnar : High Elves : 2 Months painting : 1 jokers
Marvywill : Orcs and Goblins : 2 Months painting : 1 joker
Netguru : Empire : 2 months painting : No jokers
PMTN : Empire : 1 Months painting : 1 jokers
Rich 123 : Night Goblins : 1 Months painting : 1 joker (?)
Saulot : Orcs and Goblins : 3 Months painting : No jokers
Sigur : Dark Elves : 4 months painting : No jokers
sil : High Elves : 1 months painting : 2 joker
Silverstu : Dwarfs : 3 Months painting : 1 jokers
The boyz : Chaos Nurgle : 3 Months painting : No jokers
TheDarkArg : Vampire Counts : 2 Months painting : No jokers
TheDarkArg : Dwarfs : 2 Months painting : No jokers
The eater of Pie : Woodies : 2 months painting : 1 joker
The eater of Pie : Chaos : 2 Months painting : 1 joker
Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull : Night Goblins : 4 months painting : No jokers.
Zark the Dammed : Ogres : 4 Months painting : No Jokers.

Doi
04-11-2007, 10:09
Hey all,

Just reporting in for this month at the moment, I have painted my entry but due to a) being in the middle of exams :cries: and b) absolutely horrible weather today I haven't had an opportunity to take photos yet. That said they will be done when I get back from school tomorrow as I dont have another exam for nearly two weeks after that. Great painting by all this month and I will post more specific comments tomorrow. On that note I must return to revision *grumblegrumble* damn biology *grumblegrumble*

Doi

Arhalien
04-11-2007, 14:06
Found the connector cable; it was on the bookcase in my bedroom :rolleyes:

Painter Name: Arhalien
Army: The Twilight Host (Wood Elves)
Painted this month: Spellsinger, 3 eternal guard
Highs: Fantastic not having to batch paint this month. It was even better because these models are very nice; Steve Saleh may have had trouble sculpting hands (and it does show) but he could still sculpt some very characterful models.
Lows: I still can;t photograph these modelsn properly!
Points: Spellsinger, lvl2, 2 dispel scrolls = 175. 3 eternal guard=36. Total this month=211
Total so far: 230+204+177+211=820
Next month, 5 waywatchers an eternal guard command group
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Wood%20Elves/ToPMonth4front.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Wood%20Elves/ToPmonth4back.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Wood%20Elves/ToPmonth4groupshot.jpg
Well done to everyone else who's submitted so far; some excellent work this month.

Dino
04-11-2007, 16:30
@armos: Good job man. What going to be for next month.

@Arhalien: Nice to see that you got youre pics up. Was the cord in the last place you would have looked for it?

Any way here's a pic of this months entry just to make some people nervous.
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g212/Dinoartist/Picture209.jpg

Arhalien
04-11-2007, 16:32
@Dino; the cord was in a place that I didn;t look; I just caught sight of it from my desk ;)
Great conversion on the priest there, and very nicely painted. Stop being so fast! ;)

sigur
04-11-2007, 20:34
@Arhalien: Cheers, isn't it nice to paint characters for once instead of rank and file troops all the time?;) Are the vines on the backs of the miniatures finished yet? They look quite black to me in the pictures.

Since Dino is rushing ahead so fast, I thought I'd also post first pictures of what I'll be ding this month:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/Lexandro/Dark%20Elves/hunterwip1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/Lexandro/Dark%20Elves/harpieswip1.jpg

See you soon!

Arhalien
04-11-2007, 21:46
The vines are done Sigur; the pic just doesn't pick them up that well. They're only a coat of graveyard earth over black, but I think that's enough to make them look good.
And it's not just characters that I enjoy painting; any model that I can paint individually is good for me; I just hope that I'm going to have time this month to paint all the models I need to do individually.
I'm not looking forward to the wardancers when the time comes for them though; painting skin is not a pleasant experience for me.

edit: what is that first model ruleswise out of interest Sigur?

sigur
04-11-2007, 22:50
It's a DE Noble with heavy armour (magical?), sea dragon cloak, (enchanted?) shield, lance; a flexible character miniature. He will be removable from the dark pegasus so I'm able to put him onto a Cold One (low-points games general), Dark Steed ("hunter" noble) or even the dragon (2000+ games general).

I'm in dire need for character miniatures; all I have so far is a 70% finished mounted guy/girl with heavy armour and great weapon (converted shortly before we heard that great weapons for mounted minis get a nerf in 7th edition :rolleyes: ) which now is more or less unusable unless DE get the Draich of Dark Power as regular item in the new armybook. Apart from that, I have Rakarth painted. That's it. It's bad times for DE players to convert Nobles/Highborns because we get a new armybook next year but nobody knows what's going to be in it but I think I'm quite on the safe side with a heavily armoured dude with a lance.:)

edit: @armos: There's one thing I forgot to mention: I love that stoic look of these new chaos spawns.

Doi
05-11-2007, 07:18
Well my hectic week and a bit of exams is now over (bar one final exam in two weeks, but no school til then YAY), so I finally got a chance to some pics, and if I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, I hate taking pictures. Well I best get on with the pictures

Units: Dark Elf Highborn

Backround/Theme: Still not come up with anything even remotely interesting yet, still got another half a year though

Build/Conversion: Avatars of War model straight from the blister

Painting: Nothing special, the armour is just chaos black, codex grey highlights and then a coat of watered down 'ardcoat for a laquer (lacquer?) finish

Basing: My usualy snow method again, though I had to paint on some 'ardcoat afterwards as the spray didnt seal it very well, so the snow has one a dirty white kind of colour, so I'll need to hit it with some snow white in the future

Still to do: Fix up the colour of the snow

HIGHS: Seeing the model come together in the end, while painting him I became disheartened with how he was turning out, it was a difficult model to get my army colours on to so I had to resort to making the inside of the cloak purple when I had intended to go grey so he suited the rest of the army, but it worked out for the best in the end

LOWS: To be honest I'm a bit disappointed that the model actually stands about a half to a full head taller than the other infantry models, in the end I may have to go down the route of converting up a replacement, but this model will do for now

TOTAL: 220 + 217 + (145 + 67) + 243 = 892

Now on to the pics
Highborn Front View
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x4/WaaaghDoi/DCP_0681.jpg

Highborn Rear View
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x4/WaaaghDoi/DCP_0690.jpg

Month 4 Group Shot
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x4/WaaaghDoi/DCP_0697.jpg

Hopefully I'll have better pics next month, we have just gotten a new camera but I need to figure out how to use it first, tried it today and the highborn just appears to be a black humanoid blob (in macro mode and all)

Now it's time for some comments:

@ Dino - Great stuff, the face of the knight on the far right was teh first thing that caught my eye, really nice painting there

@ Knighta - Particularily like the BSB, it shall be an honour to have my **** handed to me by them as usual

@ Danny76 - Really like that head swap on the wizard (or atleast I dont remember seeing on the wizard sprue, could be mistaken)

@ Catferret - While I love the ogre, I reckon the gnoblar is amazing (well in the picture with the flash, not sure which pic is more accurate in terms of colour)

@ Animerik - Would love to comment but its beyond me why my pc wont show any of your pics ever, the same thing is happening in your Plague Spawn thread

@ Hespithe - An army of monsters is always a good one in my mind, what models are you using as the furies? Dont remember seeing them before

@ Zark the Damned - Ograth is looking great, using the dragon skull as a helmet is a fantastic idea

@ Ad-Hoc - Seems you have about as good a luck at taking pictures as I do. The squigs are looking really good

@ sigur - Phew dodged the bullet there! Rakarth is looking amazing, I'm looking at a similar colour scheme for my dragon when I get around to adding one to my list

@ Harry - You have no idea how glad your using those Marauder DE models, means no one can make comparison between our work, not only is your painting high quality, you do it fast to. And that Grey Coach, wow

@ armos - Loving the ogres. The close up reminds me of The Undertaker, just without the hat and trenchcoat

@ Arhalien - Really nice colour scheme you've got there, cant help but think they'd look good running through a petrified forest.

Note to Self: Post earlier in the month so I don't have to write out so many comments at once

Well tonight I'll get started on my guys for this month, 2 units of 10 Crossbowmen with Shields, thankfully I have a grand total of four days of school this month:D

Knighta
05-11-2007, 08:26
Wow, this month started off so slow, then 2 days later, heaps of people have posted...
@Animerik: Love the spider riders, although, to be honest, i dont like the models. The paint job makes them look good, though. As for the battle standard, thats terrific!

@Hespithe: Love the spiders, they fit right into the army theme (even though you got them from a toy shop:D). Army's comming along great.

@Zark: Thats one BIG dragon head... It might just be the angle of the phot, but to me his left arm looks a bit short. Good paint job though

@AD-Hoc: Squigs make a good edition to your army, as do the trolls. Hope to see how your army pans out in the future.

@Sigur: That dragon looks superb! The purple wings are peculiar, but it works well with the rest of your army

@Harry: Thats one very strange looking ark elf army, but its coming together nicly. Like to see what you add next.
As for the demons, the red and green go so well together, and the legion is shaping up
As for the Undead, the black coach makes a great eddition and that army is tickling my fancy more and more. It gets my vote

Quick query are you planning to paint the night runner's bases or are they black so they appear in shadow?

@Armos: No, not planing to paint the night runner bases, pretty much to make them look "darker"
As for your guys, i like the way that the skins done, along with the tattoos and warpaint that you've applied to the ogres.

@Arhalien: Photos are a bit blurry, but from what i can tell, a great job as always

@ Knighta - Particularily like the BSB, it shall be an honour to have my **** handed to me by them as usual

@Doi: You should be honoured! :p Ahh.. you've gotta love outnumbering elves 80-1...
Anyway, back to your stuff. I see youve finally painted it! Good things come to those who wait though, and this is really now exception. Its all starting to come together...

Well, thats enough from me. Better get back to "Studying"

silverstu
05-11-2007, 08:37
Units- Runesmith and gyrocopter

Background- Feki Flasheart- dwarf ladies want him- dwarf men want to kick his head in for being a flash git. Funnily enough he spends most of his time in the air in his gyrocopter showing off his blond locks. Grimlock is the hold runesmith, also known as Grimlock the Grumpy- not a hit with the ladies- hence the grumpiness..

Build/conversion- the gyro has a banner top from the plastic miners kit added to the front, but is a straight build. the runesmith is the one from the old anvil of doom.

Painting- gyro has black undercoat, dry brushing and a bit of blending and lots of washes. The runesmith has been sitting around for ages waiting to be painted so had a white undercoat- more blending and lot more washes.

Basing- my basic sand and snow theme.

Still to do- a fewlittle bits on the gyro and I'd like to do better bases for these two.

Highs- really like how these two turned out- nice to take a little bit more time on individual models.
Lows- don't like the gyro's base.

points- Gryo- 140, runesmith 70=210
Total:215+235+210=660

75hastings69
05-11-2007, 09:27
@ Silverstu, beautiful looking models there mate, I really like the Gyrocopter.

@ Dino, great conversion fella, really like the beard did you GS it yourself?

@ Doi, nice work on that Avatars of war sculpt. This looks like it is going to be another really well themed DE army, love the simplicity of the bases they really bring out the deep colours in your models.

silverstu
05-11-2007, 10:05
@hastings- cheers mate I was really chuffed at how they turned out- sorry to hear you had to joker this month- hope you get back to pinting soon mate- love your stuff.
-Right I had to make notes so here goes foe the rest-
Dino- lovely knights- the colours are great and the whole army is coming together really nicely.[nice dog too]

knighta- that's alot of rats!! The green theme through the army is realy working well and i especially like the bsb.

Danny76- nice work on the gunners mate- looks like you have a really nice clean painting style- looking forward to seeing you add more units to this army.

Catferret- great skintones and the bellyguard has come out really well to. The noblar on the base really sets the whole thing off- great stuff.

Animerik- really like your painting style- very earthy and slightly muted. Buckets of character in the spider riders and the bsb just looks super hard, realy like the standard with the little trophies too.

Hespithe- cool furies- I really like how your whole army is coming together it's a great theme and I really think using alternative models adds a lot of character.

zark- his helmets a bit small init?:p looks great and the little horde of noblars swarming round him are brilliant.

ad-hoc - can't beat a bunch of trolls! Nice squig hoppers too, looks great.

sigor- now that is a centre piece unit!! Looks great- I especially like the scales and the dragon's horns.[oh and noticed the sniper so wass able to duck at the appropriate time]

Harry- what can i say- brilliant as ever- the manticore and the hydra really work well, the sorceress's skintones are great and love the big hair!
Demons look well hard and the bases are working really well.
the coach is my favourate- all your hard work has really paid off- brilliant unit. all your armies have bags of character mate- you should be well chuffed.[where are the dwarfs though?]

Armos- nice ogres and spawn- the skintones work really well and the spawn is quite disturbing in those human tones.

arhalien- looking great mate- really like the mage in particular and the army is looking really great, nice theme.

Doi- nice highborn- good to see the avatrs of war sculpt painted up- army is looking really good.

Phew!- well done everyone- I hadn't wanted to comment until I got my pics up- just to give myself extra pressure.oh an i think i nicked the idea for the front of my gryo from someones log but i can't remember who. Planning on doing some rangers and a bsb[hopefully a small conversion too].

MarvyWill
05-11-2007, 19:25
Night Goblins:

UNITS: 10 Squig Hoppers

BUILD/CONVERSION: Straight from the mould to your plate

PAINTING: Still experimenting with goblin skin tone. I’m making it tricky for myself because I’m painting some Orcs with a totally different scheme at the same time (that may appear in a log before too long...) so these are guinea gobs. Normal Dark Angels to Snot to Goblin to Scorpion here. Purple Squigs to fit in with the army.

BASING: Unfinished but will be standard sand and gravel and ‘shrooms.

STILL TO DO: Bases, teeth and claws.

HIGHS AND LOWS: Like the cartoony colour scheme for these comic models. Grime doesn’t suit them methinks.

TOTAL POINTS : 355 (so next month needs a boost)

This Months Work:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb108/marvywill/Hoppers002.jpg

Dino: Well done, a lovely looking cohesive army.
Knighta : Grimy skaven, suits them down to the ground.
Danny: Dark Green and Dark Red is a lovely colour scheme. Nice to see understated Empire.
Catferret: Lovely stuff. I wonder if you’d forgive some hypercritical thoughts and wonder if the skin tone could be softened by a wash and then re-highlighted? Perhaps it’s just the photos.
Animerik: Your bases lead the way my friend. Top notch.
Hespithe: Nice coherent army.
Zark: Nice composition on the Tyrant.
Ad-Hoc: Snap! Gotta love Hoppers.
Sigur: It’s not fair if you’re going to make us look silly like this. Quality 5th edition model with 7th edition paintjob. Are there to many colours in this army?
Harry: I really do like the Marauder Dark Elves. That manticore is excellent. I like everything about the Coach except the colour ;) I think of the Army of the Dead LOTR colours for ethereal…but what do I know?
Armos: Ooh, nice spawn. Nice metalwork too.
Arhalien: Nice to see some gloomy elves. Perhaps they’re from Albion?

Arhalien
05-11-2007, 19:51
@Marvywill: Albion? Now that's an idea; thanks :) The gobbo skin on your models is very nicely done, although personally I think the squigs look a bit flat.
@Silverstu; great to see your painting properly, and it looks absolutely fantastic :)
@Harry; good stuff this month, as ever, but what's happened to the High Elves; you dpon;t seem to have jokered them yet.
@Animerik: Does Orcs is da best! ;)
@Zark the Damned; excellent conversion.

Right, finished the champion for my Eternal Guard; I'm hoping I can keep up some pace this month.

Catferret
05-11-2007, 20:10
Catferret: Lovely stuff. I wonder if you’d forgive some hypercritical thoughts and wonder if the skin tone could be softened by a wash and then re-highlighted? Perhaps it’s just the photos.

Like a wash of dilute Dwarf Flesh? Or one of the darker stages?

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
05-11-2007, 20:28
Hello guys, I'm finnaly here

My excuses for being a little late, I had a tourny this weekend so foccused on doing finishing touches on my greenies I needed in the tourny and they dod good, they where on table 1 the last game but I lost and got 10th which is still good for greenies.

Do what have I painted this month well a unit from 30 Night goblins with full command, netters and 2 fanatic's.

I still need to finish the front rank and thats it.

So I had 698pts from last month and now +195 is 893pts so newt month I can paint a cheap unit, ain't I smart or I think I go with a expensive one so I can paint something cheap in december so I can concentrate on my exams in that month.

Now on to the pic's

The unit
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/476WGG/Nightgobbos.jpg

The army( my excuses still haven't figured out of how to take pic's from an entire army.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/476WGG/army2.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/476WGG/army.jpg

Greetz
G

silverstu
05-11-2007, 21:00
@ Arhalien- cheers mate, glad you liked them. looking forward to seeing some eternal guard from your goodself- I plan on keeping a bit of a pace on myself.
@marvywill-nice squighoppers- like the goblin skintones and the purple squigs[interesting!]
@warlord ghazak gazhkull- loving the white robed goblins. taking army shots is a bit tricky isn't it?[I find it hard and my army is much smaller than yours] it's looking great mate.

Harry
05-11-2007, 21:31
First thanks to everyone for the kind words of encouragement about my stuff. It makes the effort well worth while to share it with you guys and get such nice feedback.

@Arhalien.
Love the colour scheme of those woodies. They look so 'woody'. :D They look great all together in the last photo. I am so glad you stuck with this.

My High Elves are coming soon. Tiny bit still to do. (dry brush on the grass on the bases). +Photos. (Wednesday hopefully).

@Dino & Sigur
Thats it boys. keep pilling on the presure. Some folks haven't even posted this months yet!!!! :D

@Doi
I like him. I think a Hero should stand head and shoulders above the rank and file.
Those bases are really starting to work now there are lots together. I can't help thinking how cool that army is going to look on a snowy display base.

@Silverstu.
Your best painting yet. You have clearly got back 'into the groove' after a months regular painting.

My Dwarfs? ... yes ... well ... its like this ... I am going to joker my Dwarfs this month.

Yes, it's true, the mighty Harry is using a joker on one of his armies. I could get them done in the next few days but don't want to rush them.

@MarvyWill
Love the pueple squigs. Great contrast for the green and the skin on the goblins is really well done.
Cough Bases Cough :D
I have got a bit confused with where you are with a 350 point total. Have you used two jokers or just been painting well under 200 points?

@Warlord G. G.
Well done mate. Thats a boat load of the little fella's. They really do take some grinding out don't they?
If you get the chance could you take another pic of the unit champ ... I can't quite make him out in that photo.
Those old night goblin netters don't look out of place either.
The tight scheme is starting to pay off ... they look great.

Dino
05-11-2007, 22:06
@Arhalien: Well i'm going to have a kind of busy month this November and since this is the only thing I have to do I'd like to get it done A.S.A.P.

@Sigur: Nice dark pegasus, what range is it from?

@Doi: You can never go wrong with avatars of war in my opinion, and you have done quit the amazing job.

@silverstu: Dwarfs! The first dwarf army of the month. Very good work on them. I perticullarly like the gyrocopter. Keep up the good work man.

@Marywill: The Squig Hoppers are very nice man.

@Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull: Nice work man. Can't wait to see what else you got for TOFP.

@Hastings: I did sculpt the beard.

@Harry: Like I told Arhalien I'm going to have a busy month and want to make shure I get it done A.S.A.P. And as to youre dwarfs dont rush. Rushed paint jobs never look to good so no worries. But what about youre HE.

Now speaking of my warrior priest.... He's finished.
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g212/Dinoartist/Picture212.jpg
Now for those who would like to see more of my stuff I have a new project log so feal free to check it out.(check my signature)

sigur
06-11-2007, 00:30
@Sigur: Nice dark pegasus, what range is it from?

Yeah, isn't it? I prefer it to the current one which looks just weird anatomically. This one is a bit more buff and it looks more aggressive. It's old Morathi's Pegasus; it was released around the time Rakarth and his dragon were relased (= 5th edition Dark Elves army book; May/June '96) I assume.

Is that warrior priest a conversion of this guy bold with additional handweapon? If so, very nice conversion.

@Doi: Nice, another Dark Elves army. At least our Warriors look quite similar.;) Are they going to get some further treatment like some shading on the skin and their shields painted? The Avatar of War Noble looks very impressive.

@Marywill: Squg Hoppaz!:D I really like how you did the Gobbo skin.

@Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull: Ah, the guy with the white-robed Nightgoblins and the cool freehand banner. Again, very nice work but I can't really figure out what the unit champ is. Is that an Orc body with a 6th edition plastic gobbo's head? Looks intimitating.

Dino
06-11-2007, 01:45
Why yes he does have an additional hand weapon.

Mikari
06-11-2007, 02:14
Seems to be the most recent thread but not sure if you have to be part of the project to post in it or whatever.

I could give some lame excuse for not taking part when I Signed up but I'll be honest. I completely forgot and haven't been on Warseer for ages so didn't notice it to remind me. It's too late to start now and even if it wasn't I feel it would be unfair to do so with all the others working so hard up to this point.

So sorry guys. My memory is borked at 21, it's all that glue sniffing. :(

Saulot
06-11-2007, 05:07
Hey guys, I'm sad to say that I really can't make it this month. No other choice but to do this:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/jdgual/Joker.jpg
Thanks to Lady Muck on flickr for the image.

I'll be back next month with a vengance! :p

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
06-11-2007, 06:35
@Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull: Ah, the guy with the white-robed Nightgoblins and the cool freehand banner. Again, very nice work but I can't really figure out what the unit champ is. Is that an Orc body with a 6th edition plastic gobbo's head? Looks intimitating.

It is a common goblins with marauder arms from the flails and the flail is removed by an axe.

Greetz
G

Doi
06-11-2007, 10:05
Nice, another Dark Elves army. At least our Warriors look quite similar. Are they going to get some further treatment like some shading on the skin and their shields painted? The Avatar of War Noble looks very impressive.

Thanks sigur, the skin is shaded but it doesn't show up too well (or really at all) in the pics, and the sheilds will get painted shields but I need to a) figure out how to use my mum's new craft cutter to cut out some templates of druchii symbols or b) work up to courage to do them freehand (I've free handed symbols once or twice before, like on my highborn, but having to do a full units worth and make them look the same is daunting). What did you use for the lance tip on you Noble on Dark Pegasus? It's quite a nice idea and one I may have to send an underling to steal for my personal use

sigur
06-11-2007, 10:31
A craft cutter! Nice. Looking forward to those druchii symbols. I also thought of using my own symbols on the first block of Warriors, even freehanded a shield...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/Lexandro/WIP/shield1.jpg
... and planned to do that for the whole unit but dropped the idea for the same reasons as you did. Now I'm keeping the shield for some character and used the serpent icons from the warriors box for the unit.

The lance tip is the lance tip of the beastmaster's (the one that comes with the Manticor). I looted a few very nice bitz and miniatures from my local indie's huge OOP-and-other-stuff-box. It's an easy-to-do swap and adds some vicious druchiiness to the lance.;)

Kraxnar
06-11-2007, 12:49
Ugh what a nightmare this month has been...

Tower of Stars Expedition

UNITS: 1 Commander on steed and one Silver Helm

BUILD/CONVERSION: Standard

PAINTING: I managed to 2-3 hours painting in this last week and slap some base colours on the minis. Nowhere even close to being finished but I hope it allows me to avoid a second joker. Hopefully I can get them finished off on top of next months work.

BASING: eeek. Will be the same as the rest of the army

STILL TO DO: Hohoho :'(

HIGHS AND LOWS: Low: so little time to paint.
High: it looks like the silver helms shouldn't take too long to do.

POINTS: 166 (Commander with Dragon Armour, Steed, Barding, Blade of Sea Gold and Enchanted Shield + 1 Silver Helm with full kit)

TOTAL POINTS : 572

Some pics:

http://users.on.net/maxpower/images/Month4.JPG

http://users.on.net/maxpower/images/GroupMonth4.JPG

Now to sleep....

MarvyWill
06-11-2007, 14:11
Like a wash of dilute Dwarf Flesh? Or one of the darker stages?

Catferret, I would guess browner than that. I only mention it because I've been wrestling with it myself. Any more than three highlights and my models look a little chalky. So it's on with the ink/paint wash (I use 50:50 mix) to rein it in a bit.

As previously mentioned I'm experimenting with gobbo skin (so many greens...) so I'm still not even 60% happy with them.

Some of the best paintjobs use elements from the wash colour of the clothing/armour on the skin tone too and it really ties the model together. This is the main reason 'dipping' works because it uses a single shade colour.

A good one is magenta ink for high elves, gives the armour a nice 'magic' sheen and really helps the rather sterile Elf Flesh colour. Only like 10:1 water to ink mind you.

Thinking out loud really but I hope to incorporate it in the future.

Huw_Dawson
06-11-2007, 19:08
Iiiiiii haven't been inactive this month on Warseer.

Well, I have, but that isn't to say I have taken a break from my painting! :-p

Karak Karaz North Hold Guard

UNITS: 14 Longbeards with Full Command

BUILD/CONVERSION: Plastic with facemasks. I simply cannot afford the lovely metal models. :-(

PAINTING: Suprisingly, they were easier than the quarrelers. As usual I painted the flesh Dwarf Flesh with a brown ink wash, and occasional retouching, the cloaks and chainmail edging red and the uniform blue. I LOVE the standard this month though - it's a strange mix of silvers and bronzes and golds that comes off looking like something of value. :-p

BASING: GW FLOCK OF DEATH!!! :-(

STILL TO DO: Nothing, other than me inevitably going back and doing a couple of retouches at some point. :-p

HIGHS AND LOWS: Low: Discovering I like Runescape WAY too much. xD
High: Still painting them anyway. :-p

NEXT MONTH: I have no idea. :-P

Now onto the piccys!
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z99/Huw_Dawson/MVC-005S.jpg
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z99/Huw_Dawson/MVC-007F.jpg
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z99/Huw_Dawson/MVC-009F.jpg
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z99/Huw_Dawson/MVC-010F.jpg

Again, sorry for being late in the pack this month. ;-)
- Huw

edit: Notice the Thane with Great Weapon and BEER MUG OF DEATH, that is a really easy conversion of the Bugman XXX special edition model and a champion's great weapon from the dwarf warrior box.

Jonahmaul
06-11-2007, 21:50
Hey guys, sorry I didn't post on the weekend but it's been a really busy one & then I had my graduation yesterday so couldn't do it then. This is just a quick one to post my pictures to prove i've actually done them! I'll edit this post tomorrow to give the highs/lows, points etc. & give feedback on other people's stuff (i'm too tired atm & internet connection is being rubbish!)

edit -

UNIT(S) : 30 NG with nets & 2 fanatics. Goblin Shaman.

BACKGROUND/THEME: All NG army to be led by Skarsnik

BUILD/CONVERSION: Straight from the box, mostly BfSP gobbos.

PAINTING: drybrushed codex grey, red done in mechrite, metal in chainmail, ropes in khemri then all given a wash of 50/50 brown/black ink. Skin done in knarloc highlighted putrid. Yellow done in Iyanden then golden yellow.

BASING: Sand, black ink, scorched brown, graveyard earth, sides done in bestial, patches of static.

STILL TO DO: Pretty much finished though i'll probably do white checks on the hood & sleeves to make the shaman stand out a bit more.

HIGHS AND LOWS: highs - getting them all done in plenty of time this month! army starting to come together nicely now. Lows - internet connection being rubbish & not having pc set up properly yet (its hooked up to my tv & i have to sit on floor which really hurts my back & eyes!). Pictures make the gobbos look more like goblin green instead of putrid which is practically luminous!

POINTS: 30 NG with nets & fanatics = 195 points. NG Shaman - 50 points at level 1 without items. Although most of the goblins have spears they won't have these in the game, I just wanted to make use of the BfSp mini's. Eventually they'll be spread throughout the 4 units of 30 NG I plan to have in the army.

TOTAL POINTS: 195/ 205/ 160/ 245 = 805, almost perfectly on track although the Shaman will probably be level 2 & will have items!

Doi
06-11-2007, 21:51
A craft cutter! Nice.....The lance tip is the lance tip of the beastmaster's (the one that comes with the Manticor).

The craft cutter is essentially a printer, except instead of printing a picture it cuts the picture out of paper, which is designed for making your own stickers I think, and I'll just use some symbols I found in a Drukh-Eltharin Dictionary I found on the net some time ago (same place as I got the symbols for my Highborn's shield). Hopefully using a template will save time Id otherwise spend having to fixing my mistakes:D

So the beastmaster on manticore model eh? Bit expensive for just the lance tip (no plans for a manticore, yet), one of my mates has some Dark Eldar models so I'll have to rummage through his bits box for something similar, DE are bound to have some sort of spiky bit somewhere. The shield looks ace too, but way beyond my ability of somewhat straight lines:cries:

Harry
07-11-2007, 06:25
@Mikari
Sorry you forgot about us ... maybe next time.

@Kraxnar
Well done on getting enough done even without much time. (well when I say done... cough bases cough).

@Marvywill.
Thanks for the PM. I'll put that right now.

@Huw_Dawson
Well done mate. The Throng expands. Longbeards look great. All those meatalics make them look like the veterans they represent.
Nice Thane with beer mug of DOOOOM. We can look forward to a Dragon Slayer in the near future I assume.:D

@Jonahmaul.
Minis look great. Look forward to reading all about them.
That really is quite a few gobos you have painted now. And they look great. Really neat painting ... which is hard to maintain when you are grinding out that many rank and file... and the bases look great too.

Well done everyone. Its great to see so many off you still with us and painting stuff. Even if we have not heard from you much last month. Having said that ... only a week in and nearly 100 posts on this thread. I think we are managing to maintain the enthusiasm. Hopefully a few others will check in still this month.

Whats everybody else doing this month?

I am thinking of 1) Finishing this months 'jokered' Dwarfs. 2) A Daemon on a juggernaught. 3)A couple of bolt throwers for the High Elves. 4) Maybe some fell bats for my Vampire counts. 5) and I am thinking I might go head to head with Sigur this month and do a Nobel on an (even older) pegasus and 6 Harpies for the Dark Elves.
(All of tthis is subject to change depending on my mood at the time of starting.:D)

silverstu
07-11-2007, 08:01
@Dino- thanks mate- hoping to keep on a role with these fellas, your priest looks great- nice beard!
@Harry- thanks for the encouragement- having to bag out the longbeards ;ast month[thanks for letting me post 'em late] really got me back into this and the gyro and runesmith have really got me back into my painting. I am working on some bugmans rangers, hopefully converting Juan's punk white dwarf into a bsb[I have the old one if i chicken out] and I'm starting to strip some of my older dwarfs to give them a much deserved new lease of life in future units.
@Huw- glad you made it mate- nice longbeards your army is really taking shape now- looking forwrd to your thane with the mug of doom.
@Jonahmaul- gobbos are looking great mate- that's a nice little horde you are building up there mate- looking forward to hearing how it went and what you are planning next.
@Kraxnar- good effort- nice painting under pressure- I always think elves are a bugger to paint because the models are so fine and subtle and yours have really nice clean colours. Well done meeting the deadline and looking forward to seeing more.

Jonahmaul
07-11-2007, 09:01
@ Harry - cool looking Sorcerer on Manticore, really like the old scool mini's. Nice looking Bloodletters again, good to see some more troops to flesh the army out. Absolutely awesome 'black' coach, I love the base & the steeds, they really make the model look like it's moving at some speed instead of the static lump it usually looks like, I really love you VC army & this is coming from someone who's hated pretty much every VC army he's seen!!

I don't believe you'll die just after painting your last mini because i'm convinced that your never going to actually finish all your mini's. It's a dedicated hobbiers bane that no matter how much painting gets done & how many TOFP you run new models will always appear from somewhere (strangely you'll notice your bank balance diminishing as well!!)

Green me up in that list baby!!

@ Armos - awesome! Not sure I can say much more! Your another of the painters who's stuff I really look forward to seeing every month.

@ Arhalien - cool looking WE, shame that the pictures are a bit blurry.

On a side note - what's happened to plans for that e-zine that was gonna include an article on photographing models because I could really do with some help too.

@ Dino & Sigur - nice to see people enthusiastic. I'm doing completely the opposite this month & putting TOP aside for couple of weeks so I can finish bioshock & paint some other stuff!

@ Arhalien - i'll forward you the PM's that Armos sent me when I asked him for advice on painting skin. It really helped when I did my giant though you might want to go a bit lighter.

@ Doi - that is an awesome mini & it's nice to see it painted. Army is coming along very nicely.

@ silverstu - really like those Dwarfs. Agree with you about the base though, i'd suggest mounting it on some sort of monster base.

@ Marvywill - cool looking Squig hoppers, nice to see more gobbos around!

@ Ghazak - more cool gobbos - hurrah! Well done on your good tounament placing. I know what you mean about taking army photos, it's really hard with gobbos!!

@ Kraxnar - those HE looking really nice, sure we can forgive you for finishing them & posting pictures later in the month (i may have done that last month!)

@ Huw - like those Dwarfs, army is coming on very nicely.

Dead orc
07-11-2007, 12:04
I've decided to 're-vamp' my army so I'll be dropping some of the stuff i've already painted and adding in 400 ish points to make it up to the 800 mark i should be at by the end of this month. I hope thats fine.

Pictures to come shortly, i'm at work at the minute....

Kraxnar
07-11-2007, 14:04
Cheers for the comments guys, hopefully this month will yield more time.

I'm going to try to post updates on here more regularly because I know that it sucks only popping in once a month to show a couple of photos.

@Harry - You are still my hero for getting so much done every month :D

This month I am going to start off with 5 Swordmasters including a champ and muso which I guess will run to around 100 points (?). Then I'll paint up another 4ish Silver Helms and with any luck polish off last months work too.

Cheers.

Arhalien
07-11-2007, 14:58
This month I'm doing an eternal guard command group and 5 waywatchers. The champ is finished, and the standard bearer is about 60% done.

Jonahmaul
08-11-2007, 08:18
Not sure what I'm going to do for this month's effort. I was planning on Skarsnik as I don't want too much to paint but I'd also like to keep the army legal so I can play with it as I go along so depending on what I can afford to buy I might do a squig herd or squid hopper unit as by the end of the month I'll be up at the 1000 point mark.

sigur
08-11-2007, 13:32
...5) and I am thinking I might go head to head with Sigur this month and do a Nobel on an (even older) pegasus and 6 Harpies for the Dark Elves.

Sounds great! :D And now off to solegends to see what this Pegasus and the Harpies look like.

Tarsus
08-11-2007, 14:58
Everyones armies are fantastic. It really is making me feel like i should be getting mine done.

Is it still possible to join in with a new army? because ive got a dogs of war army thats been sat around for almost 6 months now without a single model being painted and this could be the encouragement to get things moving.

Anardakil
08-11-2007, 18:46
Great looking armies! Keep it going :D

Oh and by the way, Dino. Your doggie is really cute :D Looks just like Ein in Cowboy Bebop.

Lovely anime btw.

Dino
08-11-2007, 21:53
I like anime to. And yes my dog is named after Ein in Coyboy Bebop.

Arhalien
08-11-2007, 22:09
Sounds great! :D And now off to solegends to see what this Pegasus and the Harpies look like.

I just tried to do the same thing to look for your dark pegasus Sigur (the purge of the classics on the online store has now taken place ;)) and can;t seem to find anything listed there for fantasy for after 1994. and nothing for Dark Elves after 1991 (may have been 2). Is this just me or is it not actually on Solegends?

sigur
09-11-2007, 01:59
The pegasus i'll do isn't on solegends and certainly the Harpies too (as they are the current miniatures). I looked for the miniatures Harry mentioned but couldn't find them either. The only pegasus I found was one stuck to an Empire hero's bumbum.

Anyways, here are a few pictures of the pegasus I'll be using:
link (http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Dark_Elf_%28WHFB_4th/5th_Edition%29_-_Collectors_Guide#Citadel.2FMarauder_Sorceress_On_ Dark_Pegasus)

Not sure if there is an older DE pegasus, but if Harry sais so....he's the specialist (=really old person ;) ).

Zodiac
09-11-2007, 14:14
Not sure if there is an older DE pegasus, but if Harry sais so....he's the specialist (=really old person ;) ).

*Ding Ding*

Sigur - Harry
1 - ----- 0

Arhalien
10-11-2007, 18:30
Right, finished the Eternal Guard command group. Sorry for the blurry rear pics, but they show the highlights more than the other pics I took. And the highlights on the musician's cloak aren;t that extreme IRL.
Anyway, excuses over, here are the pics:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Wood%20Elves/EternalGuardcmdfront.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Wood%20Elves/EternalGaurdcmdback.jpg

Right, now for the Waywatchers, if I can resist Caradryan :)

Catferret
10-11-2007, 19:09
Looking good Arhalien. :)

The fuzzy pic gives them an impression of the high speed high jinks performed by them pointy eared tree huggers... :p

The boyz
10-11-2007, 19:39
@ Arhalien, Nice work on the Eternal Guard command group Arhalien. I like the darker grey/brown tones to the colour scheme.

@Jonahmaul, Nice work on those Night Goblins, I particulalry like the Shaman. I sent you a private message about how I do my snow bases.

@Huw_Dawson I'm liking those Longbeards. I'm looking forward to seeing your Thane and his Beer mug of Death.

@Kraxanar. I'm looking forward to seeing the Commander and silver helm chap finished. Considering the short amount of time put into painting them, they look rather good.

@Sigur, The freehand on that sheild looks excellent.

@Dino, I love that converted Warrior preist, especially the wolf pelt and his big beard, great paint job too, especially on his blue cloak.

@ Everyone else, sorry if I have'nt commented on your work for this month, I havent really had much spare time to browse warseer as much as I would like to. Stupid Uni work, getting in the way.

Hopefully I should post some pictures tomorrow of last months completed work.

sigur
10-11-2007, 20:11
@Arhalien: I'm not a great fan of the new WE miniatures but I have to say that I like that unit champion. Looks like you did a nice job on the cloaks.

I've been much lazier this week. The purple wing parts in the harpies are about done but I'm not sure on how to paint the skin yet. All I can come up in terms of update is this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/Lexandro/Dark%20Elves/hunterwip4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/Lexandro/Dark%20Elves/hunterwip3.jpg

As you can see, I tried a new thing on this guy's armour: GWish marble pattern. Originally, I had planned to give this technique a try on Rakarth already but the green parts somehow were to small to justify the efford. So what do you think about how it looks so far? Any suggestions?

That's it for now, happy painting TOFPers.;)

Catferret
10-11-2007, 20:24
Well Sigur I have no comments on how to improve it. Just some praise for a job well done. He looks great. Really cool marbley effect.

What colour you planning for his pet dragon?

Harry
10-11-2007, 21:01
@Tarsus.
Please see post 59 0n this thread.

@Sigur and Arhalien
The Pegasus IS the Marauder Imperial one. Obviously I will be painting it black ... for that 'Drak pegasus' look. :D

@Arhalien
Eternal guard looking great again.

@Sigur.
That guy looks great. I love the marbelling. I think I might just try a few more flecks/marbelling lines of the very lightest colour you have used. Where you have done this it looks really good and 'lifts' the armour and adds to the dramatic effect. But its a great job so far.
I haven't even finished building mine yet.

So I guess thats 2-0 to you. :D

I imagine that Dragons going to be RED? :eek:

sigur
10-11-2007, 21:21
@Harry&catferret: Well, painting the drakeling RED crossed my mind of course because I feel that the miniature lacks another colour. Then again, I might paint it black and purple, just like the dragon.

@Harry: Thanks. I see what you mean about the brightest marbelling and I fully agree. It shall be done teh sooneth, along with some more highlighting. Considering you have about 200,000 amazing other projects and a family, we might call it 1 - 0 though.:p

Nice to hear you're really painting this miniature. It looks nice in the picture; will you convert it to have a horn on the forehead? By the way, looking at all those Marauder miniatures I saw this Marauder manticor again...it looks great. Does anyone know how big it is?

Arhalien
10-11-2007, 21:25
@Harry&Arhalien: Well, painting the drakeling RED crossed my mind of course because I feel that the miniature lacks another colour. Then again, I might paint it black and purple, just like the dragon.

Erm, when did I ask anything about that? :p ;)

sigur
10-11-2007, 21:34
Erm, when did I ask anything about that? :p ;)

I....uh...alright, I didn't pay attention again.:o Somebody asked a question and considering that I know as a very active user I assumed that it must have been you asking.;) Sorry, catferret.

Catferret
10-11-2007, 21:42
Sorry, catferret.

*Sulks in corner* :p

Tarsus
11-11-2007, 00:24
I really want to still join in even though its already month four.

So if its alright with you, can i joker my first 2 months that i missed and then ill paint extra points of models a month for the first few months until im at the same point as everyone else.

Ill have a unit of 20 pikemen (250) and the paymaster (71) done by the end of the month, so that will go some way to catching up. That way i can save the cheaper more numerous models for later on next year when i can go slower again.

Hopefully this will be OK.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
11-11-2007, 08:50
Well I don't really know what to paint:p I have way to many goblins that I can paint and the are all screaming for a lick off paint but it will be either a unit of archers or a rock lobber and something.

Greetz
G

Jonahmaul
11-11-2007, 09:29
@ Arhalien - nice looking WE, just wish we could get better pictures of them :(

@ Sigur - the armour looks cool, is a nice idea & well executed.

silverstu
11-11-2007, 10:31
@Arhalien- nice command- especially like the highlighting on the grey cloaks
@Sigur- very nice armour on the noble, very impressed with the marbling effect- it's beyond anything i would try and it seems to be working well. looking forward to seeing him finished.

Horus0001
11-11-2007, 14:07
Right here goes..

Unfortunatly i am going to have to withdraw from this...hrm what do we call it...support group

University has taken a bigger toll on my free time than i expected meaning i havent had time to even open the mini case to consider painting never mind actually getting anything done.

Unfortunatly this means im left with an army consisting of 1 unit of chaos warriors, 5 hounds and a sorcerer..oh and a few knights mounts.

I hope to pick it up during the christmas break but i doubt i will be able to stick to the shedule of the tale.

I wish everyone the best of luck and will ofc be checking in to see the impressive work thats being produced.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
11-11-2007, 19:51
Hi guys,

I have already done a bit work on my unit I'm painting for this month a unit from 21 night goblin archers.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/476WGG/PA220001.jpg

Greetz
G

Zark the Damned
11-11-2007, 21:49
Liking the look of everything I've seen so far. I've been quite bad at following the thread (not been on Warseer much) but I will endeavor to do better!

So far I have been working on my Butcher, Gulg Oxheart. He's mostly done, think I may go back and do a few more details on him (no camera work yet) - will hopefully be making some Gut Magic tokens to go alongside him in the vein of my previous tokens.

Keep up the good work everyone!

sigur
13-11-2007, 00:49
@Horus: Sad to hear that you're dropping out but you set your priorities right.

@Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull: Nice to see that you're proceeding that well; painting those Night Gobbo Archers can be tedious.

@Zark the Damned: So you're proceeding too; goodgood. Those gut magic tokens should turn out interesting.;)

I've almost finished the Noble. His pegasus is in no way finished of course and don't get me started about those Harpies. Anyway, a picture:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/Lexandro/Dark%20Elves/hunterwip5.jpg

There are more informations and pictures in my painting log. Looking forward to seeing more WIP pictures of your stuff.

Kraxnar
13-11-2007, 04:17
Its looking very nice Sigur, a great centrepiece for your army!

@Horus Pity you have to drop out mate I was enjoying your painted stuff. Hopefully you can find the time to rejoin for January :)

@Arhalien I swear you painting gets better every month (or is it just the pics get slightly better? ;) 0 and this month is no exception.

Thanks again to everyone who commented on my High Elves!

So far this month I've cleaned the 5 Swordmasters and given the ones that need it a lovely paint strippin bath. With any luck I'll be able to re-undercoat and get started on them tonight.

Harry
13-11-2007, 07:00
@Tarsus
Alright mate. Your'e in. Try and get as much stuff painted as you can this month.

@Philoclas
We never heard back from you. Are you still keen to join?

@Horus
Noooooooooooooooooo! I was loving your stuff.
Don't drop out. You'll never forgive yourself. Sure there is a place for drinking and womanising but our Lord Slaanesh understands that and does not make great demands on his followers. Just get a character done this month. Paint loads in the christmas break to give you some breathing space in January before you know it we will be half way through and the finish line will be in sight.

@sigur
You are so far ahead of me its not even funny.
I knew you coundn't resist painting that little Dragon RED!!!! :eek: :D

silverstu
13-11-2007, 08:55
@Sigur- steaming ahead rightly there - the red looks great on that dragon. Any chance of you slowing down a tad- you are making the rest of us look bad!:D
@warlord Ghazak Gazhkull- getting stuck into those archers- good man yourself!
I have been slightly distracted by acouple of nids making doe eyes at me just begging to be painted.. but with this lot cracking on so well I'd better get back to the bearded boys ASAP.
Stirling work boys I'll try and get some wip pics up soon myself.

Jonahmaul
13-11-2007, 09:43
Can't actually see pictures of people's stuff because I'm in work & server blocks them so i'll leave some feedback when I get back.

@ Horus - nnnnnooooooo. But I do kinda see where your coming from, I did barely any painting in uni (didn't even take my stuff with me in my first year) & its only this summer since I finished that I've started painting regularly again. But, if you can be a more dedicated painter than me I would definately love to see more of your stuff.

Arhalien
13-11-2007, 13:15
@Sigur: Wow, fantastic work :)
Right, started on the first waywatcher, should certainly be done by the weekend, hoioefully I'll have at least 1 more done as well.

Horus0001
13-11-2007, 14:33
Right ive been staring at my stuff feeling guilty..add that with the comments ive gotten here...

Jokering last months and staying in! I think since i didnt finish the 290pt knight unit thats me using 2 jokers if you include last months miss.

Now the question is do i risk trying to get time for the knights (not likely) or just paint this second sorcerer...i hate decision making :(

Who knows it may make me do my uni work faster if i know a group of people are breathing down my neck wanting me to pain stuff :o

Harry
13-11-2007, 17:54
Peer presure FTW :D

Animerik
14-11-2007, 12:13
Lovley stuff everyone !!!
Month five wip
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/animerik/DSC003631.jpg
Big uns with additional hand w. still armor and gs to be added as well as fixing the bases

Catferret
14-11-2007, 12:17
Animerik: That orc unit looks great! Very eclectic! Like orcs should be. I'm looking forward to seeing them painted.

Well I've been trying to get stuff painted this month and so far I've finished one Bull and done the metals and skin on 2 more. I have also done the metals on 2 Leadbelchers and basecoated the skin. I may even get them all finished by the end of the month!

Harry
14-11-2007, 17:52
@Warlord GG
Cracking on there. well done mate.

@Anemerik
Yup, those look particularly Orcy. Having seen the BBBSSSBBBOOOBBBSSSBB last time i look forward to these fellas.

@Sigur.
Here you go. This is the pegasus I am painting. As you rightly worked out he is the old Empire one but i think you will agree he has a fairly evil look about him. I seriously considered going with dragon wings but in the end....

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_2107.jpg

I have used greenstuff to build up the place for the seat/saddle type thing.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_2110.jpg

and the base.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_2129.jpg

Harry
14-11-2007, 17:54
Here is my Nobel. Vintage Marauder body. 5th ed. Morathi legs and seat. Lump of greenstuff.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_2111.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_2114.jpg

Arhalien
14-11-2007, 18:49
Very nice Harry :)

Hmm, this waywatcher is progressing slowly. I'm trying to highlight more on her, but that means that my highlights look messy up close and that's annoying me. Ah well.
More worried by time; currently got 4 essays on the go now. PANIC!

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
14-11-2007, 19:06
@ sigur: nice looking conversion

@Animerik: Cool looking orcs, I also used one of those night goblins with bagpipe for musician

@Harry: sweet conversion, keep it up.

Greetz
G

Catferret
14-11-2007, 22:38
I finished the 3 Bulls and am about a third of the way through painting the Leadbelchers. Maybe I'll get some pics taken tomorrow. Think I can start converting the 2 Butchers and 3 Maneaters soon.

sigur
15-11-2007, 17:07
@Harry: Ah, finally.:)
Good that you went with the original wings; I prefer them to dragon ones. Good GSing too. It's nothing fancy but works well. Using old Morathi's legs and seat was a great idea. Looking forward to how this guy looks painted. And how you're going to attach the Pegasus to the rock.:)

Tarsus
15-11-2007, 18:31
Some WIP pics of my pikemen and paymaster. The Pikemen are just the regular empire state troopers but im eventually going to replace their plastic spears with some thin brass rod so i can make them look a lot longer and more pike like. Thers still the skin to finish plus a few little extras like the banner top and a few extra highlights on some of the odder colours.

Just in case its not obvious all the uniforms are different. Ive decided that my paymaster is so tight that he wont even buy uniforms for his men.

The Paymaster is almost finished, just a bit more work on the face and i need to paint a key onto his shield.

They should all be done by monday because i have a long weekend this week and then i can start next months units, 10 duelists, 10 crossbows and the first hireling wizard.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/swirec/SL270174-1.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/swirec/SL270171.jpg

Jonahmaul
15-11-2007, 18:32
I can see pictures now so some feedback: -

@ Ghazak - cool looking gobbos, looking forward to seeing them finished

@ Sigur - noble is looking very nice so far, looking forward to seeing the pegasus & the harpies finished

@ Animerik - really like those Big Un's, they look very rag-tag as Orc's should & i'm looking forward to seeing them when they're finished & painted.

@ Harry - really like that old school noble. Green stuffing is looking very good & base looks awesome, can't wait to see that one finished.

Danny76
15-11-2007, 23:50
i'm liking it harry, noble looks good.
sigur, yours too :D

i've started 10 flagellants for this month, but also started my General, so i'm not sure which i'm going to use as this months.. as the flagellants would mean doing another ten to get 200 (its a unit of thirty so really need to get them all done...).
I may go for option of (again!) doing a character, and hopefully getting it finished so i can start work on next months early to definately get it done (and by start i mean continue these ten really..).

I missed the first week of the month, was in New York with my girlfriend on holiday, so couldn't really do any then, though i took a small modelling kit for evenings, 3 DA bikes now made :D). So i want to get back on track painting as i will soon be out of pre made models to paint for the month which will mean a lot more work each month!

Best get to it... :P

Jonahmaul
17-11-2007, 10:20
Think i'm going to do some squig hoppers (probbably 7) and a bsb which is going to be a conversion of the old NG shaman model (he has got a name i think, he's holding a sickle with staff out in front of him). Just gotta find the money for the hoppers!

armos
17-11-2007, 15:31
time for the Armos rant!

@Arhalien: Nice eternal guard.. the shading on the cloaks is nice and tyour army looks great as whole, great job!

@Dino: I'm really impressed by your priest. When I first saw it I didn't realise it was a conversion I figured it was a model from another miniature company I was unfamiliar with... you're improving with every pic you post which is great to see, can't wait to see what you do next.

@sigur: loving the noble, excellent work and I have a soft dpot for that old pegasus model. I would perhaps suggest that you pick out the very edges of the scales on his back in a lighter shade... just to give them a slightly more severe 'hard' look but that's just my view... superb job.

@Doi: loving the noble, excellent paint job on a stunning miniature.

@silverstu: nice job, I'm liking the mix of old and new models and the Runelord's beard is especially nice.

@MarvyWill: excellent gobbos (another brave one) ... the skin-tones are really nice and your choice of colours compiment each other really well.

@Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull: still loving your gobbos.. the armies really coming together and I love the champion coversion, great work.

@Kraxnar: nice elves, you've achieved a very clean looking paintjob and the slightly darker then normal armour works well.

@Huw_Dawson: Nice dwarfs, the glod/bronze effects are nice and your amy's looking very unified.. great job.

@Jonahmaul: nice Gobbos, the flesh tones contrast really well against the black and your shaman is very crisp.

@Animerik: A nice looking Boyz regiment, looking forward to seeing it painted

@Harry: The Hero on Pegasus looks great... it's great to see some of these older models it's a trip down memory lane everytime you post. You definatly made the right call on the wings by the way.

@Tarsus: nice pikemen. I'm normally a staunch advocate of the uniformed appearance but your appraoch actually works. The simple but original coversion on the paymaster works well too.

Anyways what am I up to this month? well I've finished the last 10 chaos warriors just need to get into gear and go by some Bestial brown so I can base them... pics of the full regiment soon.
I'm also working on another Spawn, some warhounds and hoping to finish off the best-herd soon. On top of this I am working on the limited ed. mounted chaos sorcerer on which I'm trying out some new techniques (a new technique for painting gold, using Tamiya clear colour for free-hand designs and my first try with foundation paints) but I'm taking my time with him... oh and there's still my possessed warband to work on. As well as this I'm painting up the fortified manor and I'm also working on another project which I'm gonna keep to myself for now but watch this space ;)

with all this painting I'm glad I have nothing else to do this month... oh wait! I have to re-work my illustration portfolio to make it look like I have an interest in the fashion industry (which I don't) so I can blag a job. Have to create 7 mood boards for a documentary which need to be of superior quality as they're also going to be used for scene swipes which also means I have to go take pictures of mopeds to draw from at some point. I have to get the sketch sheets for my new comic approved so it can go into production (hopefully) and find someone to proof-read the script as well as write follow up work plus I got drunk and agreed to illustrate a friend's short story for her (I'm a sucker for the doe eyed pleading look, especially when I'm 7 Stellas in). I'm also working on a manga drawing of another friend as a leaving present for her before she goes back to Australia... and above all this I'm building a doll's house. Oh.... and I also have 3 dates this week ;)

so it's a quiet one for me then :)

Harry
17-11-2007, 18:40
@Harry: The Hero on Pegasus looks great... it's great to see some of these older models it's a trip down memory lane everytime you post.

If you like that .... you will love these guys. :D

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_2116.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa129/HarryHowells/IMG_2119.jpg

1080's Marauder Harpies.

Arhalien
17-11-2007, 18:58
1080's Marauder Harpies.

Used by William the Conqueror himself :p

Catferret
17-11-2007, 19:09
Amazing how quickly a typing error can come back to bite you in the ass... :p

Well, I'm on target for this month (3 Bulls completed and half way through 2 Leadbelchers) so I have started converting my 2 Ogre Butchers from plastics and random stuff I had. One just needs a little GS while the other needs a fancy mask built and then lotsa GS. When they are done I can make a start on the 3 Maneaters.

sigur
17-11-2007, 19:36
@armos: Thanks; I'll see if I find the time to highlight the scales a bit more.

If you like that .... you will love these guys. :D

And oh indeed we do. Very cool miniatures and awesome detail for that time. I love the classic approach of hawk-y legs with claws and human torso.

Harry
17-11-2007, 23:01
Used by William the Conqueror himself :p
Very good. I laughed a lot ... Really.

I miss by one key ... one key!

Smart ****. :D

It is a little known fact that William the Conqueror grew so fat in his later years (having developed a fondness for pie I believe. :D) that his body split when they tried to force it into the stone coffin.

That should have been the 1980's .... obviously.

BattleofLund
18-11-2007, 00:13
For a second there I read the tag of the winged being as 'HARRY'... and thought 'so that is what he looks like'. :p

Sorry, only a modicum of disrespect intended Harry! I love this thread!

Harry
18-11-2007, 00:22
Everyone's a comedian tonight. :D

Arhalien
18-11-2007, 17:08
Ok, confused mental image now of an ugly pie with feathered wings and clawed feet :confused: :p

Anyway, finished the first waywatcher. Took longer than I thought it would as I effectively ran out of colours to paint different details. Not too pleased with the result, but it's finished and it's far from my worst painting. Pics are as bad as ever though.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Wood%20Elves/Waywatcher1front.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x29/Arhalien/Wood%20Elves/Waywatcher1back.jpg

Things may get a bit tricky from now on. Still got a lot of work to do next week, then the week after is taken out of contention totally by virtue of having 4 performances of a play from Wednesday to Saturday, and a dress rehearsal monday and possibly tuesday. HELP!

Thanks for looking.

Tarsus
18-11-2007, 18:56
Ok, time to post my official entry.

ARMY : Dogs of War

UNIT(S) : 20 Pikemen with Light armour, and the Paymaster

BACKGROUND/THEME : Mercenary army operated by and extremely cheap paymaster, he wont pay for his men to wear uniforms and dislikes the non human (although he wont pass up a bargain).

BUILD/CONVERSION: The Paymaster is a warrior priest with both hands swapped and a hat transplant.

PAINTING: Basecoated with a selection of foundation paints (the 20 pikemen have at least 10 different uniforms between them) and then inked black. They were then highlighted up twice (some colours have 3)

BASING: All just plain sand, highlighted with bleach bone with some grass on top, edges are calthan brown.

STILL TO DO: A couple of bases still need grass and im gonna eventually swap the spears for some longer pikes when i get hold of some copper rod the correct diameter.

HIGHS AND LOWS: High : Finally getting some paint on them after all these months.
Low : Looking at them all with there un-matching uniforms, although once ranked up they looked really good.

Paymaster, Heavy Armour, Biting Blade, Shield, 71pts
Pikemen, full command, 230pts

TOTAL POINTS: 301 Im gonna paint up extra models until ive caught up to everyone else.

Next month ill have 10 crossbows, 10 duelists and wizard no1.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/swirec/SL270182.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d79/swirec/SL270190.jpg

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
18-11-2007, 19:41
I'm seriously lovin' this thread, keep up the good work everyone! :)

Huw_Dawson
18-11-2007, 22:01
I got my lovely box of Quarrelers yesterday, assembled them today... paint them by the saturday after next! :p

- Huw

armos
19-11-2007, 02:11
Lovely Harpies Harry! I want them as Furies for my chaos army!

Harry
20-11-2007, 17:50
@Arhalien
Good luck with both the play and the painting.
(Waht play is it?)

@Tarsus.
Good start. Crack on. Lots of catching up to do. :D I have now added you to the list.

I'm seriously lovin' this thread, keep up the good work everyone! :)
I love it when random people drop in and post stuff like this.
I get so used to seeing the same names posting on this thread I forget this is an open forum and other people who are not involved in this madness check out this thread to see what we are up to.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Lovely Harpies Harry! I want them as Furies for my chaos army!
As it happens I have a few 'left over'. However they are without wings. Don't know if I lost them or used them for another project. You would have to sort out some alternatives. Drop me a PM if your are interested in them for a conversion project.

Arhalien
20-11-2007, 18:57
Oh What a Lovely War, and I'm in a very strange panto at a nearby girl's school, and I hav a public speaking competition tomorrow evening, and I have to do a production of a play called Art in January for IB drama, and a short extract of The Doll's House for January in the IB drama lessons I have joint with said girl's school.
Basically, HELP! ;)

Jonahmaul
20-11-2007, 19:53
@ Tarsus - cool looking Paymaster & Pikemen, welcome to the TOFP!

I really like those harpies, I think they're really cool.

Still haven't even started this months entry (unless you count stripping the shaman ready to convert) but thats basically because of a lack of money, think i'm gonna order stuff in next couple of days as I get paid Friday so should be able to afford it (though i've also spent £42 on mass effect which i can't really afford).

silverstu
20-11-2007, 19:59
Oh What a Lovely War, and I'm in a very strange panto at a nearby girl's school, and I hav a public speaking competition tomorrow evening, and I have to do a production of a play called Art in January for IB drama, and a short extract of The Doll's House for January in the IB drama lessons I have joint with said girl's school.
Basically, HELP! ;)

So is it the work or the promiximity of girls that is stressing you?:p:D
if it's the girls- don't worry they only get scary when they turn into women!!;)Sounds like you are going to be a busy boy but NO SLACKING! [nice waywatcher by the way].

@Tarsus- very good start mate. Stick with it and welcome to the madness.

@Armos- thanks for the kind words- glad you are liking them.

Arhalien
20-11-2007, 20:01
So is it the work or the promiximity of girls that is stressing you?:p:D

More the proximity of essays really; one for Thursday for History, one for next Tuesday for english, and I have a play to review for Drama.
*thinks*

WHY THE HELL AM I ON HERE THEN! :wtf:
;)
Thanks Stu.

Dead orc
25-11-2007, 14:37
5 Days left, I'll have something finished this month but it wasn't what I set out to finish....

Jonahmaul
25-11-2007, 20:52
5 days - oh dear, i haven't even got this month's models yet :eek: They should turn up sometime this week so I may have them done in time but I think it's more likely I'll play a joker & paint them next month instead. Haven't really felt like painting for quite a while now & still not very motivated so may leave it until i'm more inclined to paint (I go through phases of painting lots then not painting for ages).

Catferret
25-11-2007, 21:06
Jonah, don't forget you have the first week of December as well! As long as you posted some pics by the end of that week there would be no noeed to joker. 3 colours and based counts too so don't panic!

Arhalien
25-11-2007, 21:21
Right, got 2 waywatchers finished now, and a third isa bout half done; if I get that model finished (and maybe one more) then i should have enough to submit; I'm really going to have to catch up next month.

Huw_Dawson
26-11-2007, 20:54
I really get suprised when I think how much time I spend on RuneScape, and still get my painting done :p I haven't missed a deadline yet. :D

- Huw

Arhalien
26-11-2007, 22:50
Runescape? Is that thing still alive? I played it a couple of years ago for a while, then I migrated to Guild Wars, now I've found Garry's Mod (world's most insane game :D).
How's the old thing looking nowadays?

Catferret
27-11-2007, 01:41
Well I finished the last of this months models and even took pictures but my flatmate left the camera at work so I can't post the pics just now... They'll be up soon though!

Now I can finish GSing the Butchers I'm working on before I start next months task of painting Ironguts.

Horus0001
29-11-2007, 16:31
hrm lets see, in 3 weeks ive applied sand to a base..

Luckily i still have friday and saturday!

I have a wacky idea of applying a sort of electrical/unnatural energy effect to the staff of my 2nd sorcerer (its just a stick atm). Never done anything like it before so if it looks crap ill just change to boring stick again.

Jonahmaul
29-11-2007, 18:55
Hmm, Friday & Saturday you say.....oh dear, working both of them & models still in blisters. Gonna hopefully get them cleaned up & glued into bases at some point this evening but they're not going to get sprayed till tomorrow night but guess I can try & put in some decent painting time after saturday & post them within the week still. We shall se...we shall see.

Catferret
29-11-2007, 20:05
I'd post my progress report but I think folk would just cry... In a state of fresh unemployment I'm 3/4 of the way through December's models after having completed all of November's with time to spare... GS is almost finished on the first Butcher and the second one has been started. Even planned out how to convert Maneaters.

I reckon this level of productivity won't last long but at least I can take things a little easier now.

sigur
29-11-2007, 22:32
At least you're doing something some people would call productive.;) As I'm facing much educational stress these days, I haven't done a single more brush-stroke on the November miniatures. :( Especially stupid accounting tests delayed the truly interesting thing - painting.

Arhalien
30-11-2007, 15:01
Hehe, next month could be an interesting one; I'm considerably under target this month, so next month I'm planning to use the holidays to paint up another 12(!) eternal guard and finish the 3 watwatchers I have sprayed. Oh, and I'll probably be getting some more HE stuff for Christmas.

I dread to think what my painting backlog's going to be by the end of this project :D

Catferret
30-11-2007, 15:40
At least you're doing something some people would call productive.;) As I'm facing much educational stress these days, I haven't done a single more brush-stroke on the November miniatures. :( Especially stupid accounting tests delayed the truly interesting thing - painting.

I really feel for you there. My cousin is an accountant and I saw the amount of stuff they need to know. Best of luck with it all!

Arhalien: Backlog, schmacklog! What sort of geek would you be without a huge pile of unpainted models cluttering up the place! ;) (Damn that Harry and his trying to prove me wrong... :p)

Harry
30-11-2007, 16:56
One day I shall take pictures of my hobby room and show you guys what 20 years or more of 'backlog' looks like. :D

Meanwhile thanks again to everyone for all the motivation and light hearted banter.

I am off to open a new thread. See you all there.