PDA

View Full Version : Definition Check

Belerophon709
01-11-2007, 10:10
Hey all!

I need to check something as I got into a heated debate about this not so long ago.

What constitutes mounted?

As far as I know, a model armed with a GW on horseback only receives a +1 bonus to str while a footslogging one gets +2.

But what about people riding chariots? Someone claimed that a bestigor in a tuskgor chariot would get the +2 bonus as well, since he isn't on horseback and that the lesser (+1) bonus is explained saying that the model on horseback doesn't have the same mobility as the one on foot, therefore not gaining the same advantage from the weapon. The one in the chariot doesn't suffer from the same disadvatage as being on a horseback and shouldn't get the penalty (or lesser bonus).

I thought this was stretching it quite a bit, but couldn't find any clearcut rules to support my reasoning other than that there are only 2 sections in the weapons section concerning GWs. One pertains to mounted people and the other to people on foot. And in my mind, aside from the fact that chariot-riders appear to be standing, the bestigor in question isn't on foot.

So someone help me please!

Cheers in advance,

Bele

Festus
01-11-2007, 10:36
Hi

p.55 of the BRB solves your particular problem quite nicely in the last paragraph, as it defines mounted models ... and charioteers are mounted.

Festus

Avian
01-11-2007, 10:42
I find it surprising that beastman players can ask whether or not the Bestigor in the Tuskgor chariot is mounted without simultaneously asking themselves, if this is not so, what the Ungor in the chariot is doing with that spear. :p

DeathlessDraich
01-11-2007, 10:50
You're about to start another heated debate here too. :D
The mounted model is indeed an area which needs clarification and an FAQ.

However your chariot question does have an answer:
A chariot is a mount - oblique references on various pages - Weapons, Characters etc.

Belerophon709
01-11-2007, 15:20
Thanks guys!

Much appreciated - looks like I was right after all :D