PDA

View Full Version : Orc & Goblins permanent frenzy

Chaos Undecided
01-11-2007, 13:29
Just really looking for confirmation on this as whilst reading through the army book noted a couple of occassions, one through the Waagh Miscast rolls and also via the Magic Weapon Basha's Bloodaxe whereby the model will become subject to frenzy which cannot be lost by any means.

Now as they will be immune to psychology permanently they would be still subject to break tests as far as I am aware and I presume also have to take rally tests as normal rather than automatically rallying next turn assuming they arent overrun? (also assuming the shaman is not in a unit and therefore subject to that units rules)

Am i right in the above line of treating things?

Couldnt think of any other army where this would come up, Khornate demons having instability in place of break tests so can happily frenzy away til they melt.

Avian
01-11-2007, 13:33
That is correct. Break tests, rally tests and tests to restrain pursuit (which he can't tests for anyway since he's frenzied) are all examples of Ld-tests which are not psychology tests.

Jonke
02-11-2007, 00:31
A frenzied model normally loses its frenzy if it lose a combat, it doesn't matter if it makes the break test or not.

Braad
02-11-2007, 07:43
Except when a special rule states that it cannot loose it's frenzy. IIRC (haven't seen my armybook in 2 months :( ) the two options stated indeed give never ending frenzy.

Another example could be the carnosaur's blood frenzy. After it tasted blood, it's frenzied no matter what.