PDA

View Full Version : Battle Sounds and Noises

Visionary
01-11-2007, 19:32
I have constructed after much effort my squiggoth with my Goffik Rokkas band on the back. I've got it to play my ipod and while warish music is good I think I would be fun as while going through the game it would make Dakka noises and the sound of artillery. So does anyone have ideas of what sounds to play and perhaps where to get them?

bdo
01-11-2007, 19:41
your best bet are pc games, mostly first person shooters and strategy games in the appropriate setting.

there are a lot of games which have ogg files, mp3 files, wav files or wma files extracted in their "data" or "sound" or "fx" directories... if you are not sure where to look exactly, right click the game folder, then "search" and as search entry use the red text: *.ogg;*.mp3;*.wav;*.wma

hope that helps :)

SwordsofChaos
01-11-2007, 21:58
Try recording the sounds from the Call of Duty games, I think they are rather life-like. If you are alone, you can always record how you shout Waaagh! really high, and play that.

Visionary
01-11-2007, 23:01
Try recording the sounds from the Call of Duty games, I think they are rather life-like. If you are alone, you can always record how you shout Waaagh! really high, and play that.

I never have 5 miles to myself :p .
I tryed the Dawn fo War sounds but they seem to have problems being converted. I have taken some Dawn of War music off the german DOW website but it still has music mixed in, while good it's not what i need.

I don't have call of Duty but I do have Wolfenstein enemy territory, there doesn't seem to be any sound files visible but perhaps there is some way I can record what my headphones play?

Repzik
02-11-2007, 00:06

love the CoD games, there all great

back on subject, you can also go on itunes and type stuff in like "arty burst" and see what you get, you can also buy little snip-its of like people shouting orders, they also have at some store, military noise makers, idk were you could get them from, but they do sell them

PlasticFork
02-11-2007, 00:47
I wonder if the Half-Life 2 soundtrack is good for the job? It's certainly quite sci-fi like.

You can use GCFscape to access the right files.