3 screamers: 99 pt

968 pt

In the deamonic legion list screamers are core unit, they are flying, fear causing deamons.

I think this might be good, they can kill artillery with a huge amount of slashing attacks and their flying speed can make them double/triple/quadruple charge anything. Would this be good?

I could change the blade for soul hunger + 1 screamer? I can drop the blade and make 2 units of 4 screamers?
I can make groups of 5 screamers for flanking?

Thanks in the advance!

To make things clear, I am not intended to use this list as my army, just a fun list.

L192837465
01-11-2007, 20:36
that list will die so horribly to anything with any amount of shooting. barring that, not bad.

mark.
02-11-2007, 13:50
Well actually I figure, that as a flying unit, they can easily keep hidden behind terrain.

When they emerge from their hiding places they can fly over the shooting units, causing many slashing attacks without being able to stand or shoot (as it doesn't count as a charge), then after the shooting units have all sustained really much slashing attacks, the remaining shooting troops can fire for just one round, and then the screamers can charge, without receiving stand and shoot fire (as ofcourse, you place the units withing 10" of the shooting units after flying over them)

So I think that this would actually be pretty good against shooting, T4, 2W and 5+ ward save also helps against the few shots they might be able to pull off.

Storch
03-11-2007, 05:25
The real problem with the list is that Screamers are not true core units in daemonic legion. You need one unit of Horrors for each unit of screamers you want.
You could probably rework it with a bunch of minimum sized Horror units and a bunch of Screamers, but I think most people would not appreciate that.

chaos-nightwing
03-11-2007, 08:55
True. I mean, this list do not have any thing to obsorbe magic damage or shooting. Ur army need a "Meat Shield" which u need some marauder. I know this might not be what u wanted in a daemonic army, but ur need that kind of cheapy thing, u get my idea.

mark.
03-11-2007, 18:53
Ah guess I missed that rule, well that means this list is illegal :(

What would you think about this army then?

1 Exalted 230
7 Furies 105
5 Screamers 165

500 pts

I guess in the deamonic legion, altough the screamers are not true core units, they are still 0-1.

Little Aaad
03-11-2007, 23:08
That is fine in a Daemonic Army, but not the Daemonic Legion rules. To expand to 1000, simply enlarge the Furies by 3, and as many Daemonettes (Mounted) as possible.