PDA

View Full Version : Modelling Question

Priest
01-11-2007, 22:54
I have a bunch of Imperial Terminators that have been converted to Chaos that I got on EBay. My problem is they all have powerfists/chainfists (they are all plastic). Is it worth it to try and convert them or should I just try to use and pay for the powerfists? Any and all help is appreciated.

Priest

Ozendorph
01-11-2007, 23:13
Plastic ones? Convert away!

cleansingfury
01-11-2007, 23:26
Plastic is so easy to recraft that it is not even funny...

My chimera top was waaaaaay bent! Left it next to about 3 candles for half an hour came back twisted it right then put it on a shelf to cool.

Hot hobby knives work great as well... cauterize your wounds and easily trim big pieces!

He who is doom
01-11-2007, 23:42
besides you have a great unit that can be great. you can convert the chain fist into power fists. they are chain fists though

Priest
02-11-2007, 07:03
Thanks for the replies and reassurance.

My next big concern is having to hand make all of the different options. Has anyone had any success with making molds for mass converting? I know about smooth -on (not sure if that is correct name, as I am too lazy at the moment to look it up) but I am still confused about the difficulty and expense. Does anyone have experience with this and would like to help me out?

I don't want to go blowing money on trying to make my own casts when it will be cheaper to just buy the bits.

Thanks all

[SD] Bob Plisskin
02-11-2007, 07:06
Probably best to look to the modelling forum, they've got quite a few guides to casting on there.

Priest
02-11-2007, 07:09
I keep forgetting that there is more to warseer than 40k discussion. Thanks Bob

[SD] Bob Plisskin
02-11-2007, 07:12
btw - Are you just swapping the fists out for powerweapons? if so try some online bits ordering, I think there is one that has a banner on warseer.