PDA

View Full Version : Help with Cult of Slaanesh

FurryMiguell
02-11-2007, 08:48
I just started colecting a Cult of Slaanesh army. My miniatures are on their way, but I'm not sure what my armylist should look like. Its the first time i leave the safe underground city of skavenblight, so I could really need some advice in playing an army that dont rely on numbers and nasty warp-stuff...

I have ordered plenty of Miniatures, so I think I can build about any 2000pts armylist.

Truly thankful for your help!:D

lector#1
02-11-2007, 11:23
id say use as many sorceress's as you can and use dark magic because if you can get black death spell off you can wipe out whole units and if not kill them make them run off the board its how i won my Cult of slannesh games

happy_doctor
02-11-2007, 12:16
Hello

Although I don't play with cult of slaanesh, here are my 2 cents (from the opponent's point of view)

-Mounted deamonettes are a must (preferably in units of 6). Most armies i've seen have 2 units, and they tend to make their points back every single game.

-devoted of slaanesh are mandatory, but still a very good choice (although quite vulnerable to shooting..), be sure to deploy them 7-wide to get the most out of their attacks. In close combat, they'll handle most opponents (due to soporific musk), bu they die easily when charged by chariots..

-Don't invest in warriors with crossbows; shades are better and only cost 3 points more.

- I'd try to steer clear of Chaos Warriors, as they don't have the speed to keep up with the advance of the rest of the army. Out of the chaos stuff, however, Furies and Spawns of Slaanesh are great choices.

-If you want to invest on Knights, I'd prefer the Cold one knights with mark of slaanesh. They are cheaper, they are now immune to psychology (and thus don't have to test for stupidity) and can buy the Rapturous standard, turning them into a really hard unit.

Magic is only one of the possibilities of the list, not necessarily a "must". Given the frail nature of your troops, Chillwind will help a lot against gunlines..

FurryMiguell
02-11-2007, 14:21
Hey, thanks! Great advice. I guess I'll keep my army fast and agile, right? And I never use mounted troops in units smaler than 6 ever, but thanks anyway. I'm not sure about this: Does shades carry crossbows, or regular bows, and are they skirmishers? My armybook hasn't arived yet:p

No need to reply since my book will be ariving soon, but I would like to know:D

FurryMiguell
02-11-2007, 16:56
and, yeah. I'll use lots of sorceress too. I just love magic. My favouritte part of the game:D

Little Aaad
03-11-2007, 22:45
Shades = RCB and Skirmishers

Remember you need one unit of devoted and the witch elf model is used to represent it.

Take as little M4-5 as possible, though marauders make good beef :).

FurryMiguell
03-11-2007, 22:57
thanks! All your help is great. I think my army will be a good one after all:)