PDA

View Full Version : True Aussie Heros

Alco Engineer
08-09-2005, 23:42
I've been thinking about collecting a list of TRUE Australian Heroes.

Ones that have done great things without intenting it.

The First is the Aussie who was caught in New Orleans but survived by getting drunk and being thrown in Gaol.

See this thread:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11007&highlight=Aussie

Another that springs to mind is Stephen Bradbury, an Australian Speed skater who won Australia's first Winter Olympic Gold medal when after getting to the final because the competitors in his semi fell over, he was half a lap off the pace and the rest of the feild fell, letting him glid over for gold.

Classic.

Is there any other examples that people out there can think of??

Kensai X
09-09-2005, 00:00
Ian Thorpe...

Simply Kicked Ass in the Sydney Olympics...

(For swimming that is...)

Inquisitor Engel
09-09-2005, 01:40
Ian Thorpe...

Simply Kicked Ass in the Sydney Olympics...

(For swimming that is...)

Grant Hackett maybe? Kicked more in Athens...

Alco Engineer
09-09-2005, 02:06
I was thinking more tragic heroes. You know not just the great guys who work really hard and become the best but the one's who become great stories because of funny things they've done. Like being saved from a hurricane by being arrested and winning a gold because everyone else fell over.

(P.S. I've lost all respect for Thorpie after his "tell them Thorpie says its full sick" OTT's ad. It was just lame)

He Who Laughs
09-09-2005, 04:25
(P.S. I've lost all respect for Thorpie after his "tell them Thorpie says its full sick" OTT's ad. It was just lame)

That, and how he got upset about the media suggesting he had a big todge to go with his flipper-sized feet. I mean c'mon, if the media wanted to suggest to the world that YOU had big todge - would you get upset?!?! HELL NO!!

Lord of ???
09-09-2005, 04:37
Well there was that Rock Climbing guy in the Katherine who got his arm caught when a Rock slipped and trapped him halfway up the canyon wall.

So he gets out his trusty Leatherman and cuts his arm off just below the Elbow.

And then procedes to walk out of the Katherine for help.

Alco Engineer
09-09-2005, 04:46
Yes. he was a champion. I'll buy anyone that does that a beer.......(and drink it for them too if they can't pick it up ;))

Ass Goblin
09-09-2005, 10:35
Well there was that Rock Climbing guy in the Katherine who got his arm caught when a Rock slipped and trapped him halfway up the canyon wall.

I heard about that on the news ages ago. Must have hurt like hell.

wanderingblade
09-09-2005, 10:55

That was a case of testicular fortitude of the highest order, but I don't think that falls into the comedy stylings of the others mentioned.

Griefbringer
09-09-2005, 13:15
Australia seems to be getting a lot of threads dedicated to it on this forum.

Though I have to admit that it sounds like an interesting country: big deserts, brushfires, alligator wrestling, monstrous poisonous animals and lots of beer should make for exiting living!

Lardidar
09-09-2005, 13:22

There was a Farmer in Ireland (i think) that got his arm caught in a muck spreader engine and had to cut his own arm off, he said it never hurt as his arm was 'cooked' and it was like cutting into a roast beef.

Its odd how extreme a human can get when survival instincts kick in.