PDA

View Full Version : Quirky rules of minor usage

keatsmeister
02-11-2007, 20:51
Just an errant train of thought really, but I equip my Marines with Thunder Hammers over Power Fists everytime for the extra benefits of being able to stun opponents I don't kill/destroy outright. To be honest, in the years the rule has been around, I can only remember having to use it once, but I still equip my main men with big, beefy Hammers everytime, as:-

1) It's extra potency if I need it

2) They just look brutal

Anyone else have similar little tidbits they hang on to, or look out for?

Visionary
02-11-2007, 21:32
Chaos aspiring champions always have powerfists whether it's statisically good or not i have no clue but I can just imagine him saying:

"You there, I will have your soul!" or
"You there kill harder!" or
"Look fried chicken!"

40k is one joke to me :p

Shrike30
03-11-2007, 00:17
I like thunder hammers for whomping on the sides of vehicles with. Smacking armor 14 and knowing it means you're not going to get shot the next turn is pretty handy.

Lord Cook
03-11-2007, 01:15
I like using storm troopers, even though veterans are far better for the points and fulfill basically the same role. I just like the look and character of them.

I also have a Leman Russ Executioner, which is strongly in the running for the most overpriced tank of all time, but I like having a tank with a 54" range plasma cannon in the turret. It looks cool.

Serpent
03-11-2007, 05:56
A thunder hammer is a lot more fun, as it's even better against vehicles. And one Wraithlord or another might get bogged down because of it... :)

Imperialis_Dominatus
03-11-2007, 09:10
I love Lightning Claws. But then again they ain't exactly not worth it. :evilgrin: