PDA

View Full Version : How does the Warlock work?

Red_Lep
02-11-2007, 20:31
I was just looking at my Skaven book and saw that the Warlocks have no spells but I know people have said they cast spells. Other than the Storm Daemon how does this work? (I did a search and couldn't find anything, sorry if its already been explained)

Bloodknight
02-11-2007, 20:37
The warlock gets the spell Warp Lightning from one of his equipment options. One gives him the spell and the other an additional power die. I don't know the English names of the stuff, just look at his equipment list :)

Red_Lep
02-11-2007, 21:24
Warp-blades correct?

Ward.
03-11-2007, 11:23
Yes correct, the pistol is quite useful as well depending on his use, but always upgrade him with the generator thing and the item that lets him use the extra dice.

Oberon
03-11-2007, 12:01
Also notice, that the other dice generated by what-was-it-warpstone-accumulator-or-something is generated to skaven magic pool, not to the warlock. It can help.

TheWarSmith
03-11-2007, 14:16
I've always wondered if those items count as magical items for spells and abilities that target them(vauls unmaking?).

1 item gives you the warp lightning spell and adds +1S to your attacks(warp blades I think)

2nd gives you an extra power die

3rd allows you to cast with 1 die more than normal.

He BASICALLY becomes a level 2 mage w/ only 1 spell when he's tooled up.

This is why I can't stand it when people complain about skaven magic. yeah, it's good, but you know EXACTLY what's coming unless there's a gray seer.