PDA

View Full Version : Starting A Human Team

teh_soldier
02-11-2007, 22:40
Well my club's starting a league in January, and the rules are that until then we can have a team, play as many games as we like, then come January either keep using a team or start a new one.

I've just finished reading the Blood Bowl books, and so have decided to start a Human team. I've played a few games before, and read through the Human Tactica on the SG website. Going with the set-up they suggested, the team looks like this:

4 Blitzers
2 Catchers
1 Thrower
4 Linemen
3 Re-Rolls
8 Fan Factor

However, I realise that this Players Handbook was written under LR4, so under LR5 (which we'll be using) FF isn't as important.

Basically should I go with this list or change some things around?

the1stpip
02-11-2007, 23:56
Yep, drop the FF to 3, then buy an extra re-roll.

You may want to include a 12th player somewhere, but other than that, it seems a good team.

PhrollikK
03-11-2007, 13:08
12 players with humans is a must. Reduce the blitzers to 2 instead as they are pretty cash heavy and invest in 12 players and an extra RR or apo. Drop FF if you must. Apos are good in the long run, it'll save you cash in the first few games if you happen to run into some trouble.

Nargus
12-11-2007, 13:19
I would say that 4 blitzers is a must for a human starting team.

One thing i will say is i find catchers a little too fragile to start a league with. The S of 2 and the AV of 7 really really hurts if they get mauled a lot early on.

I would drop the catchers and the fan factor down to 4 or 5 and take an extra thrower and put the rest up with lineman.

First couple of games will net you an apoc, and when you've got another couple of lineman under your belt, invest in the catchers.

Supersonik
17-11-2007, 16:45
I play that exact same team though where i play its more a tournament basis than a league (ie one off match, then team resets)
In that situation i am now considering dropping the FF, sticking at 3 RR's and just adding an extra Lineman to cover injuries.

Colonel Dixon
20-11-2007, 02:37
Don't drop the catchers, they are excellent players if properly used. They are fragile sure but they are also game winners.

Your list is fine but trade 5 FF for an extra lineman. First purchase is an apothecary, then another thrower. (assuming you dont need to replace anyone)

the anti santa
24-11-2007, 18:47
4 Blitzers
2 Catchers
1 Thrower
4 Linemen
3 Re-Rolls
8 Fan Factor

This is an ok set up, but you can afford to drop FF in LRB5.

I'd advise swapping a catcher for a lineman and dropping 3 FF to get a 4th Re-roll. FF still matters a bit in LRB5 and the extra +1 from fame is nice for kick off rolls and the extra cash.

Linemen are hard to skill so having 5 means they are more likely to get MVP, 1st purchase is an apoth, then get either a 2nd thrower or catcher. I usually make 1 thrower a runner by giving him block 1st skill and kick off return is nice too.

After that save for an Ogre as they are great road blocks. catchers tend to hog SPP's and die a lot so the 4 re-rolls are useful for trying to score with the linemen or blitzers.

Vegeta365
15-11-2008, 21:39
Just starting to play blood bowl again. Why exactly is fan factor not that important any more? Surely it gets you more money quicker?

Autobot HQ
16-11-2008, 01:45
Not really, the fact is now having a higher FF only gives you a +1 FAME modifier, so you'll only make 10k extra, as the gate doesn't make a blind bit of difference to your pay anymore. So say you spend 90k to buy FF9 as most teams did in LRB4, it'd take you nine games to make your money back, and to be fair in nine games I can use that 90k to get better players and just beat you, thus earning me an extra 10k anyway and you wont0 earn the 10k win bonus, so you more or less equal out.

I recommend having FF5 for every team in the league, for free. Just spend the 1mill on players.

=I=

StefDa
16-11-2008, 08:49
12 players with humans is a must. Reduce the blitzers to 2 instead as they are pretty cash heavy and invest in 12 players and an extra RR or apo. Drop FF if you must. Apos are good in the long run, it'll save you cash in the first few games if you happen to run into some trouble.

Nononono, don't. Drop fan factor to 3 and add an extra Lineman or Apothecary. Or you could drop it to 1 and add an extra Catcher (they're 70.000, right?), though I would recommend FF3 and +1 Linemeatshild, I mean Lineman.