PDA

View Full Version : Skaven, Daemons and Warp-Lightning, oh my!

Pete278
03-11-2007, 08:48
So, basically, after trying a daemonic legions army, I really liked it, until I found out they weren't tournament legal. So then, I went to Skaven, and made a list I also liked. Now I found out that there'll be a daemon armybook next year, and if its so soon, I don't really want to buy any Skaven if I'll just go to Daemons. So, what do I do, get Skaven, or wait for Daemons?

speedygogo
03-11-2007, 08:56
I would wait for the daemon. You have to figure that playing a sakven army is very expensive and daunting to paint. Daemons on the otherhand offer some great conversions opportunities, are cheaper to field an army and will be easier to paint. If you are having problems with the wait buy some of the current models b/c they will probably be going out of print. Unless, you are playing in tournies most opponents let you play daemon legions. By the way, which legion do you want to play?

Nekrodamus
03-11-2007, 09:30
Keep your demons and visit Germany to field them at tournaments. ;)

Over here they are still legal and are even allowed at the GT. Some events disallow the two boring armies (Slayers & Seaguard) and / or the armies which got a new army book allready. But obviously there is no reason to forbid competitive demon armies.

Pete278
03-11-2007, 09:36
I would wait for the daemon. You have to figure that playing a sakven army is very expensive and daunting to paint. Daemons on the otherhand offer some great conversions opportunities, are cheaper to field an army and will be easier to paint. If you are having problems with the wait buy some of the current models b/c they will probably be going out of print. Unless, you are playing in tournies most opponents let you play daemon legions. By the way, which legion do you want to play?
Tzeentchian daemons. I'll probably buy some of the Horrors now, because I really like the models, but I don't want to convert up the Changebringers or Chariots in case they aren't in the book.

@Nekrodamus: Wow, that's awesome. Here in Perth, Australia, only the armybook lists are allowed, as far as I know.

Flypaper
04-11-2007, 00:03
You have to figure that playing a sakven army is very expensive and daunting to paint.
Daunting to paint, I'll give you. But Skaven armies are suprisingly cheap as long as you don't run any Slaves, mainly because of how awesome the battalion set is.

Two battalions plus four character blisters and you've got a legal - and suprisingly decent - 2K army! Grab a couple of ratlings and a WLC or a Night Runners box and you're positively dangerous.

...And, of course, Daemons are probably the most expensive army of all - all metal infantry and/or expensive bitz conversions, unless you're adept enough to model most of it from scratch yourself. :cool:

(I'm not!)

speedygogo
04-11-2007, 05:57
Tzeentch is a good choice they are very good troops and have great magic.