PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine Company Colours

TheBigBadWolf
03-11-2007, 21:36
Right im doing an Imperial fists army and i dont want the usual red trim, and on this other forum there is a thing going on that the Imperial fists still follow the codex on markings so all the ones shown in GW pics are from the 3rd company (red trim). Now i want a black trim so acording to the codex that is the 8th company, but on the same forum soneone says that black trims are the Imperial fists Veteran company.

Any help would be good

Cheers

BBW

Leftenant Gashrog
03-11-2007, 22:11
Now i want a black trim so acording to the codex that is the 8th company, but on the same forum soneone says that black trims are the Imperial fists Veteran company.

Under standard codex markings 8th company have grey trims, black trims are 5th company. The Imperial Fists IA article shows the captain of the 5th company with yellow pad trims which cause some people to claim that the IF use yellow for the 5th company and black for the 1st, but to my knowledge this has no real bases in canon and is simply supposition. (Its just as likely that the person labelling the pics got it wrong, or that the captain decided he didnt need black trims to denote his company since he had a black cloak)

2nd edition stated that Imperial Fists denoted veteran status by having a red helmet stripe or mohawk, whilst sergeants would have a red skull emblazoned on the helmets forehead, this is their only stated deviation from standard markings and seems to have mostly* been forgotten.

* other than the assault squad sergeant on page 77 of the current codex.

TheBigBadWolf
03-11-2007, 22:24
Ahh my mistake 5th company is black. I would imagine that the fists do follow the codex pretty exact considering they are meant to be second in devotion to the UM. Another thing, as you say the fists veterans have the red stripe instead of white which i always thought was the case aswell, but then on the Official store on the bit where you can order a fists starter army, the pic of the marine has a red helmet with a white stripe, strange.

Lord_Squinty
03-11-2007, 22:33
Standard codex colours for trims:

1st -white
2nd - Yellow
3rd - Red
4th - Green
5th - Black
6th - Orange
7th - Pink *wonder why ive never seen a seventh co.?*
8th - Grey
9th - Blue
10th - White *again?*

Leftenant Gashrog
03-11-2007, 23:19
Standard codex colours for trims:
7th - Pink *wonder why ive never seen a seventh co.?*
10th - White *again?*

7th has been depicted as closer to pink, but is usually depicted closer to purple.
10th doesnt have a company colour.

AbyssRaven
04-11-2007, 02:28
10th has no amrkings, they are the Kindergarden Company

I want to do a 7th company now. Only real men wear pink!