PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elves: A Powerful New Tactic; Newly Born List/Army 1000 points

Little Aaad
03-11-2007, 23:00
My friend accuired some Ogre Bulls lately, and when I went to teach him some basics of Fantasy, and give him a warm feel to the Army, I gave him a game. I was using his Ogre Bulls to Fill the gaps in for my Half Finished DE force and he used my big Khorne Horde. After Impressingly watching the Bulls smash a unit of Khorne Knights with a Hero in it, and a unit of 9 Fleshhounds, I just had to include some in my army. I know it isn't fluffy, however I thought my general could have cast a spell on them to make them fight for the DE's for free! Anyway, heres the list!

L'leeh, Leader of DEOKA
Level 2
Tome of Furion

G'hith, Defender of DEOKA
Level 2
Darkstar Cloak
Scroll

Del'kith, Scout Sorcerer of DEOKA (Yes, we know he can't be a scout)
Level 2

20 Spear Guardians of G'hith (3x7)
Shields
Standard Bearer, G'hith's Advisor (Champion), Dicipliner (Musician)

10 Crossbowmen, L'leeh's Sharpshooters
Crossbows
Dicipliner (Musician)

3 Ogre Bulls
Champion, Under L'leeth's Spell, Standard Bearer

865 Points.

brambleten
03-11-2007, 23:08
i think that ogres benefit more from a banner than they do a champion, as they will almost always be outnumbered. from the list, i can see an army that sits back, piling on lots of magic and crossbow bolts, taking down anything that gets near, before the ogres counter charge anything that charges the spears, sorto of like an empire detatchment system.

theunwantedbeing
03-11-2007, 23:09
HA!
(my initial reaction to the list)

Very nice list.
Use it as it is,

The only changes I could advise would be to use dark riders and mount the sorceresses. But that does change the army a fair bit.

Horn
03-11-2007, 23:24
Am I missing something or do you have two Rare choices (the ogres) in a 1000 point list?

Crube
03-11-2007, 23:29
As horn said....

but also, apart from my point of view regridng Ogres in non-OK lists, I've never seen a unit of 3 Ogre bulls do that much. In a De army, Id sooner see the points spent (and indeed woulfd rather not face) more Crossbowmen, RBTs or Witch elves....

Little Aaad
03-11-2007, 23:35
*Editing List* ^ Ok Im changing the Issue's that horn and brambleton had said, thank yo'.

Keep advice coming, the list doesn't seem very... Big?
Ok editing now, bare with me 5-10mins please.

brambleten
03-11-2007, 23:44
lists dont have to be big to be effective. elves are generally very ellite, so i dont see why 40 models is a problem. if you want a big army, play empire or skaven

Little Aaad
03-11-2007, 23:48
lists dont have to be big to be effective. elves are generally very ellite, so i dont see why 40 models is a problem. if you want a big army, play empire or skaven

I dont want a big army, it just seemed that it would be overrun by masses easy as being small. If you think that it's big enough then OK. How to spend my last points?

librisrouge
04-11-2007, 00:51
You numbers are comperable to any other "Elite" army that takes quite a few spellcasters. It is a common idea from what I've seen.

As for fluff, I don't see the problem. Dark Elves would be quick to hire ogres as cheap forces to take the flak off of them. They'd try to enslave them afterward, mind ye' but that's all fine and good. Elves are always looking to force others to do their fightings, regardless of faction.

Little Aaad
04-11-2007, 09:51
Ok, thanks librisrouge, well now I have some points left, so Should I get some shades in there or something? I thought maybe I could trade the Crossbow Warriors for Spearmen and enlarge the group, or maybe a small elite unit.

brambleten
04-11-2007, 11:19
how many excecutioners (sp?) could you get for the remaining 135 points?
they would probably keep one of your mages safe, and provide the hammer on the anvil which is the spearmen i.e. unit x charges the anvil unit, then unit x is counter charged by the hammer. this lets you usually attack first with the spears, then your hammer does most of the killing, also giving you rear/flank charge bonuses

Little Aaad
04-11-2007, 21:05
12 executioners

9 with full command

Little Aaad
04-11-2007, 21:08
I love Ogre Iron Guts now because of the ability to take great weapons. Does anybody know whether I could fir some of them in instead of bulls?