PDA

View Full Version : I think we broke 100k today at an Apoc game...

Monospot
04-11-2007, 00:35
At our game store today, we had a Apoc game with 4 connected 6x12 tables, each with 8 players, each with 3k points, with at least 2 players who came in later with reinforcement units. All told, I think there were about 102k points used in todays games. Volunteers worked for a few weeks to get enough scenery and objectives built for the tables. I have to say, it was one of the most impressive games I have ever seen.

And, for the record, the Imperium won by controlling 13 out of 24 objectives...tight margin of victory that came down to one marine squad being just within 6' of an objective.

Rogue 7
04-11-2007, 00:37
I don't have the smilie, but

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS!

Monospot
04-11-2007, 00:40
Need to download my phone's pics onto a mem card before I can move them over...given the fact I am working on 2 hours of sleep from getting minis put together last night and about as much caffeine as the human heart can stand I am gonna have to wait to take care of that.

Greatoliver
04-11-2007, 00:57
That is awesomley mad.

I can't wait to do something like this...

boogle
04-11-2007, 01:01
16 x 3000 is 48,000 where did the rest come from?

sigur
04-11-2007, 01:06
All told, I think there were about 102k points used in todays games.

I think this is the point. How many games did you play? Two? Three? If so, you could have reached 100k points in total. Either that or the two reinforcements guys fielded ~26k each.;)

spacemonkey
04-11-2007, 01:17
we had a Apoc game with 4 connected 6x12 tables, each with 8 players, each with 3k points, with at least 2 players who came in later with reinforcement units.
If he meant 8 players per table thats a total of 96,000 points so the other 2 players would only have brought in between 4,000-6,000 between them.

galahad67
04-11-2007, 01:17
...4 connected 6x12 tables, each with 8 players, each with 3k points, with at least 2 players who came in later with reinforcement units. ...

4 Tables *
8 persons per table

equals 32 people

equals 96K

plus (2 latecomers * 3K = 6K)

Equals

102 K

Galaspar
04-11-2007, 01:19
4 tables, 8 guys at each, that's 32 players. 32 x 3000 would be closer to the mark. Sounds like one hell of a game.

EDIT: beaten like a disobedient gretchin

Frep
04-11-2007, 01:52
Monospot get back here with pictures and a explanation as to what in heavens name happened at this game! What teams were there, how many titans, what was the biggest explosian what...urgh..why does my heart suddenly hurt?

lolman
04-11-2007, 02:57
EDIT: beaten like a disobedient gretchin

LOL - I'd say funniest thing I've read on Warseer :)

Seriously but it would have been awesome, makes the 10k apoc game we are planning to have in a few weeks seem quite small lol

SageV
04-11-2007, 03:04
thats awesome.next game we play is everyone VS nids...nids with no points limit

Monospot
04-11-2007, 03:35
Actually, just got the final count...looks like we missed 100k by about 2 players...one table only had 6 on it :( Still a hell of a lot of mini's

Pictures still pending. Patience grotz.

It was an Imperium vs everyone else game. I think there were about half guard, half marine variants with one awesome Ad-Mech force with a lot of goofy VDR stuff. The forces of disorder had about 3 eldar, 1 tau, like 7 chaos, 1 necron, 1 tyranid, 2 orks, and I think 1 mixed force.

Each table was connected to the others spatially, so you could move fliers, troops, and even fire artillery between the tables (range 20' on a basilisk actually becomes important!) Our board was a chaos board with floating, moving objectives that caused morale checks if you were too close to them. There was a city board, an Ice board, and a jungle board that got defoliated with excellend use of the anti-plant strategem.

Titans-wise, I had a Warhound, there was a Great Gargant using the Bell of Lost Souls datasheet, 1 eldar revenant, 1 scratch built VDR Ad-Mech knight

Super-heavies....well, there were a lot. At least 6-7 Baneblades, a Stormblade, a Stormsword, an Eldar Scorpion, a Brass Scorpion, a Skullhammer, a Shadowsword, and maybe a few more that I missed.

My table had myself as the strategic commander, with 2 of my old buddies and a high school student who just rocked. I fielded the warhound, a baneblade, and a russ tank company. My budy Kurt with marines fielded the Bunkers strategem filled with Tactical and Devastator squads, a Armored Spearhead detatchment, a bunch of land speeders, and the Whirlwind suppression squad with 5 packing Castellans. My buddy Josh fielded his Mordians with a good mix of infantry and tanks. Alan fielded the Basilisk company with infantry support and a Baneblade. We were facing 2 Eldar players, one of whom had renegade marines, a Tau player, a Tau/Eldar player, and we actually ended up having a 5th Chaos player end up on our board on turn 3, which was relatively an unpleasant supprise.

We bid 4 minutes to get the first turn to shell the Eldar grav tanks with indirect basilisk fire before they could move. Good thing, because the other side bid 5 mintues. We had a very fun first trun of shooting.

In terms of big booms, one orc player lost 100+infantry in one explosing when his Skullhammer went boom, which then touched off a fuel storage tank which was a VERY volatile table objective/hazard which went 6d6 nuclear. That blast also took out a dark eldar titan hunter squad, about 40 marines, and a bunch of terrain.

Monospot
04-11-2007, 03:48
Oh, yeah, one other thing. I rolled a lot of 1's. Approximately 2/3 of my rolls to penetrate with my Leman russ shots against Eldar tanks failed to glance, much less penetrate. I managed to roll about 11 1's on a Vulcan Megabolter shot and managed to kill 1 gun drone.

The only good news for me luck wise is that my titan probably absorbed 3000 points worth of fire for 2 consecutive turns, and survived the game. It was immobilized, both guns damaged, but it ended with 2 structure points and actually had a void shield back at the end of the game. He took enough shots to kill my tank company twice over

spacemonkey
04-11-2007, 04:09
Actually, just got the final count...looks like we missed 100k by about 2 players...one table only had 6 on it :( Still a hell of a lot of mini's
You'll just have to try harder next time. ;)

All in all, sounds like a great game you had there. Would have like to have seen the ork player's face when his Skullhammer went up. :evilgrin::D

The only good news for me luck wise is that my titan probably absorbed 3000 points worth of fire for 2 consecutive turns, and survived the game. It was immobilized, both guns damaged, but it ended with 2 structure points and actually had a void shield back at the end of the game. He took enough shots to kill my tank company twice over
Sounds like the titan did a fine job then.

PlasticFork
04-11-2007, 12:18
In terms of big booms, one orc player lost 100+infantry in one explosing when his Skullhammer went boom, which then touched off a fuel storage tank which was a VERY volatile table objective/hazard which went 6d6 nuclear. That blast also took out a dark eldar titan hunter squad, about 40 marines, and a bunch of terrain.

:eek: The image in my mind's makes me drool...