PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Southlands!

DivineVisitor
09-09-2005, 11:13
An army of Skinks, who could resist. Just throwing some things together and seeing what people think before i start trying to test things.

Hero (General)
Skink Cheif - 119
Stegadon Helm, Light Armour, Shield, Blessing of Tepok

Hero
Skink Assassin - 139
Dagger of Sotek, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior, Light Armour, Shield, Mark of the Old Ones

Hero
Skink Priest - 170
Lv2, Diadem of Power, Dragonfly of Quicksilver, Mark of Tepok

Hero
Skink Priest - 170
Lv2, Dispel Scroll, Dispel Scroll, Mark of Tepok

Core
10 Skink Skirmishers - 75
Brave, Short Bows

Core
10 Skink Skirmishers - 75
Brave, Short Bows

Core
10 Skink Skirmishers - 65
Brave, Blowpipes

Core
10 Skink Skirmishers - 65
Brave, Blowpipes

Core
10 Skink Scouts - 75
Brave, Scout, Blowpipes

Core
10 Skink Scouts - 75
Brave, Scout, Blowpipes

Core
10 Skink Scouts - 75
Brave, Scout, Javelins + Shield

Core
10 Skink Scouts - 75
Brave, Scout, Javelins + Shield

Special
5 Kroxigor - 310
Ancient

Special
5 Kroxigor - 310
Ancient

Special
5 Horned Ones - 156
Musician, Champion, Mark of Tepok

Special
5 Horned Ones - 156
Musician, Champion, Mark of Tepok

Rare
3 Salamanders - 195

Rare
3 Salamanders - 195

Total 2500 pts

Total Power Die 6 (8)
Total Dispel Die 9 (11)
+2 Dispel Scroll

Army Composition:
4 X Hero
8 X Core
4 X Special
2 X Rare

Im tempted to remove one of the Salamander units as well as taking away the Kroxigor Ancients in favour on 1 Stegadon. This could add a little more punch to the army as well as adding another competent combat unit.
Also perhaps removing the Mark of Tepok on the Horned Ones and instead using the Mark of Sotek giving each +1 Attack on the Charge for a total of 16 S4 Attacks if at full strength.
I could also get rid of one of the horned one units for some terradons in the 'hit and run' department.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Sebish
09-09-2005, 16:39
Well looks fine to me, but i dont like the idea of no large infantary units^-^ I'd like Terradons, you can try to outmanouvre your opponent and come from all sides.

You should make some of your skinks scout, it'll be easier for you to outmanouver them that way.

And, protect your kroxigors, they'll be your only help when you face high armored cavalry or something like that.

As you said, it would be realy nice to play with that list :D

DivineVisitor
09-09-2005, 17:47
Thanks for the reply.
Yea i think il try a number of different little tweeks the Terradons could be really useful so il have one with 4 Terradons indstead of one of the horned one units, one utilising the Stegadon, one with the mark of Sotek on the horned ones etc.
Sorry i should have put it clearer but the units labeled "Skink Scouts" (4 out of the 8 units) have the Scout rule, ive ammended the army list to show it in their sections.
As for the no big infantry units i could have fielded units of Sarus Warriors as Special choices but im against using them in my Skink army so instead have went for two units of Kroxigor, il just have to hope these guys can do a similar kind of job. They will however be able to do some things Sarus cant though with their ability to charge through Skink skirmishers infront of them which is always handy. :)