PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting the new HE Dragon to convert?

Stormtrooper Clark
04-11-2007, 17:12
I know my Dark Elf Lord will be retiring his old Cold One :p:p

Eldarion
04-11-2007, 17:57
Yeah im buying 2 of them, one for my High elf army, and maybe one for karl Franz...

brambleten
04-11-2007, 18:01
i'll be getting 2 as well, but probably just altering some minor things on one of them to make them different, like change the wing angle or something.
i could always cut the wings off one and say it was a jumping carnosaur, though

logan054
04-11-2007, 18:08
yeah i plan on getting one as well for my chaos army and seeing if it will combine well with the old chaos dragon, should be interesting :)

Prince Sairion
04-11-2007, 19:39
I'm getting one but it'll stay pretty much as it is.

I've already converted a dragon for my army. It's about 10" tall, that'll be my star dragon, the new one will be my dragon-mage.

May have to buy a third AND convert it tho just to have a moon dragon as well. . .:D

theunwantedbeing
04-11-2007, 19:44
No chance....hate the way the thing looks. Far too weedy.
Better than the old dopey looking HE dragon but still not as good as the current WE dragon(current as in really stupidly old).

It does look better without the silly helmet on though.....
Havent seen one in the flesh of course, might change my mind after that....roll on thursday :)

Khorghan
04-11-2007, 23:56
my local store is having a competition, you buy a dragon and they give you any parts you want to convert it any way like like(sounds like a way to lose alot of money if you ask me) the winner gets the new high elf army book and some other ****.

I might do a chaos one somewere down the line, who knows...

studderigdave
05-11-2007, 00:41
im assuming the dragon is way to large to make a decent jetbike for my autarch, but i will be making my jetbike autarch from the new HE plastics. though i really wanted to make an exodite like autarch riding a smaller dragon/drake and counting it as a jetbike.

redbaron998
05-11-2007, 07:04
I so wanna see a Skaven Dragon...

kairous
05-11-2007, 13:56
I plan on getting one sometime yes, i plan on spinning the model around, so it looks like it is climbing the rock, then turn the head slightly, and then have the rider pointing, like the dragon pic on the back of this months :DUKWD:D

TheAdmiral
05-11-2007, 16:11
My Dragon will serve as a High Elf Dragon and a Black Dragon (Want to paint Blue with Black)

Sephtar II
05-11-2007, 19:39
Well I have my snow themed HE army and have got the parts together for my Ice dragon :evilgrin:

Brute
05-11-2007, 20:14
I'll convert it to a chaos dragon

pox
06-11-2007, 01:26
I am getting one, not sure what its gonna be. probably a chaos mount, so I can field it and the great dragon in five thousand points. (the elder chaos dragon rules take up three rare slots, and galrach(sp?) takes two. hmmm.... maybe take three dragons in 6,000 points.)

Coragus
06-11-2007, 01:50
I might pick one up to use as a WE Forest Dragon. The stupid actual model is completely metal, and it's far and away the most fragile thing I've ever tried to put together. Pinning, epoxy, and JB Weld don't hold it together, so I'll get the HE plastic dragon and stick the WE Forest Dragon head on it somehow.

redyellowpinkgreen
06-11-2007, 12:44
i'll probably get two (darned 2 headed chaos dragons) the second set of wings maybe for a giant+dragon wings=greater daemon conversion i have planned

Onisuzume
06-11-2007, 14:31
I might considder getting one, though I have no real idea as to what I want to use it for...

Terradon...Stegadon...Carnosaur...Cold One...Warhorse...Jetbike... o.0

I'll still need to get a better look at the sprues though.

Chiron
06-11-2007, 14:33
May get one and paint it up for my nephews birthday in May, start em young (8!)

Red Shadow
06-11-2007, 15:21
Yes certainly, since I need another dragon for my collection. I should mention though, that I would prefer the Dragon model shown in last page of the current Bretonnian army book but I have not manage to locate it. Anyone knowing anything about that please pm me... ;)

truthsayer
06-11-2007, 16:44
that one in the bret book is a converted carnosaur.

i dont know if im too keen on the whole jumping from a rock pose. think ill wait for a proper one to be released for my dark elf lord!