PDA

View Full Version : Slaangors

Malduran
04-11-2007, 16:33
I am in the middle of making a slaanesh army and want to include some beastmen. It then stuck me i dont have any idea what slaangors would look like. Any one got any ideas?

KingTut
04-11-2007, 16:58
Less fur more skin, smaller horns for the effeminate. Opposite for the more masculine. Or a twisted combo for both. Lighter palette of colours. Slender-er muscles.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
04-11-2007, 17:00
Chaos warrior torso/cape, gor legs, hormagaunt head (with the tongue).

cyrus
04-11-2007, 17:19
one word: boobs...

Revlid
04-11-2007, 17:29
Albino Bestigors.

Merceus
04-11-2007, 18:02
Leather and studs... use the Slaanesh CSM guide on the UK site, should work for anything Slaaneshi really... so it over either plastic Gors or the metal Bestigors...

((Holy crap! Nail Bunny!!))

inq.serge
04-11-2007, 18:58
http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Image:Unreleased_-_Chaos_Beastman_Penis_headed.jpg

That's right! GW made a Beastman model with a C***-hat! very slaaneshi!

alexh
04-11-2007, 19:08
http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Image:Unreleased_-_Chaos_Beastman_Penis_headed.jpg

That's right! GW made a Beastman model with a C***-hat! very slaaneshi!

That's sweet, they need to release that. The Chaos collector's guide has some nice looking Slaangors in the showcase section. They were made using plastic gor bodies and the Slaaneshi lord halberd and shield.

Malduran
04-11-2007, 19:22
That hat should never have been created.... So a pale beastman with leather. No sure i like it too much but i will see what i can do with it. I never know, might end up looking alright.

Makaber
04-11-2007, 20:53
You don't really have to do a great deal to them, though. I think there's a slight tendency for people to go a bit over the top when they model their marks. A slightly pale, "tender" colour scheme, some vibrant colour clothing, replace the brutish axes with slender glaives, and slam a single boob on the champion. All you need really.

ThousandPlateaus
04-11-2007, 20:56
That looks like one of the unreleased Tzaangors.

Slaangors are usually albino and are bull-headed.
There were a few Slaangor miniatures made, one wearing a cowl (a beautiful mini, actually).
There are six at the top of this page for inspiration or you may get them on ebay:
http://www.solegends.com/citcat912/c20281rcbeastmen-h.htm

zak
04-11-2007, 21:07
The current Bestigors with the right colour scheme look good. I had a few spare and painted them with very light brown almost flesh coloured skin and had a light blue colour sceme for the clothing. They were distinctive enough to be recognised as Slaangor, without the need to mould boobs!

nurgle_boy
04-11-2007, 21:19
But boobs are lovely...

I would suggest using a pale, slightly pinkish fleshtone on standard models, maybe a single breast on each of them if you want a little more... as for the armour-ness, maybe studded leather, with cowls, and chainmail tabards.

that, or just go all out and cover them in wangs... either way, I'm sure they will look fine!

Khorghan
04-11-2007, 21:30
you can use the plastic gor models with sculted shoulder pads and maybe armout on thighs and a slaanesh sybol on a stick for the banner.if you want to go all out you could have albino boob beasts S&M suits and slaanesh symbols at the end on sticks for great weapons.

Ghod
05-11-2007, 00:31
I made a quick one from a hormagaunt body, beastman arms and head...it never got past the glued together but with a bit of green stuff to cover up the (very slight) gaps, it'll be all good.

Darwin_green
05-11-2007, 03:24
I would say to use the hooded gor heads, marauder torsos with flails, and human skin cloaks(green stuffed obliviously, otherwise the skin gets all rawhide-y and then you have to tan it to make it pliable again.).