PDA

View Full Version : chain-scythe?

inq.serge
04-11-2007, 17:22
Chain-scythe? Does it sound fluffy? Does it sound as a weapon that might exist in 40k? Does it sound as something possibly vielded by a nurglich champion? Or is this just one of my stupid ideas?

And GW, feel free to steal this idea if you like it.

Cry of the Wind
04-11-2007, 17:31
It already exisits. The Necromunda Spyer Matriarch has one. I'd post a link but my internet is not letting me go to the GW store for some reason.

Burnthem
04-11-2007, 17:32
You can add a chain to almost any CC weapon in 40K and it is fluffy :D

You used to be able to get chain-bayonets for gods sake!

Chilltouch
04-11-2007, 17:43
Chain scythe would be rather idiotic. It'd be a chain-sword attached to a stick at a right-angle. There would be no reason for its creation at all, seeing as it would be much more clumsy to use than any other chain weapon and a normal scythe is good enough to harvest crops.

Cry of the Wind
04-11-2007, 17:52
True Chilltouch, but it looks cool.... Most stuff in 40k seems to fall into the cool category more often than the functional one. Bottom line, they do exist, but as Chilltouch pointed out a chain-scyth won't be the most effective weapon.

schoon
04-11-2007, 17:57
Given that almost every bladed weapon has some sort of a "chain" equivalent in the 40K universe, a chain-scythe doesn't seem that odd at all.

It would be pretty fun to model too!

nazrag
04-11-2007, 18:13
doesnt the primarch of the world eaters wield one in one of the HH series?

sabreu
04-11-2007, 18:14
Yes, he does. Or at least in some cover art? Anyway, don't the Scythes of the Emperor use chain scythes? At least ceremonial?

Dalenator
04-11-2007, 18:19
Yep, you can turn anything into a chain-saw weapon.

Chain-chucks anyone?
(No, its not Chuck Norris with a chainsaw!)

Stranger
04-11-2007, 18:21
Given that almost every bladed weapon has some sort of a "chain" equivalent in the 40K universe, a chain-scythe doesn't seem that odd at all.

Chain-butterknife...
*shudders*

If there are things like chain-axes, and chain-bayonettes, then why the hell not chainscythes. Especialy if it had the teeth on both sides, it would provide a bit better reach... Not to mention that it'd look badass. So go for it.

nazrag
04-11-2007, 18:21
Yep, you can turn anything into a chain-saw weapon.

Chain-chucks anyone?
(No, its not Chuck Norris with a chainsaw!)

chain-chucks has got to be the dumbest weapon yet..:D

and I used to think chain-axes were stupid :rolleyes:

The Guy
04-11-2007, 18:24
Chain scythe would be rather idiotic. It'd be a chain-sword attached to a stick at a right-angle. There would be no reason for its creation at all, seeing as it would be much more clumsy to use than any other chain weapon and a normal scythe is good enough to harvest crops.

Hmm,
Longer reach?
Getting guys hiding round corners?
Putting an enemy between you and the chainblade. [Pull scythe towards you, you move in with a headbut. Squelch]
The sheer terror it would cause to your enemies?

inq.serge
04-11-2007, 18:35
Chain-chucks anyone?

Hmmmm. And I thought sword-chucks was cool-stupid. This is cool-stupidier.

What's next? Chain-dagger-whip?:p

Even if it is an attempt to take the best of two worlds, and it looks helvetically cool, it will, in the end, only hurt the wielder. :D

Savant
04-11-2007, 18:37
Chain Axes are stupid.

I had a chain scythe in my old CSM army though, if you're modelling one I found that a normal SM chainsword doesn't quite look right. I glued two Cadian guardsmen chainswords back to back and used that. Looked kinda nifty (I don't have a picture unfortunately).

EDIT - ... Chain... whip? I must make one...

The Guy
04-11-2007, 18:37
Chain shields?
Chain armour?
Chain...toilet seats :evilgrin:

Dalenator
04-11-2007, 18:39
Hmm,
Longer reach?
Putting an enemy between you and the chainblade. [Pull scythe towards you, you move in with a headbut. Squelch]

Don't forget the Farmers, An entire field of crops done in minutes :p

Also how about Chainarangs, what better way to lose your fingers.:)

heretics bane
04-11-2007, 18:46
Hmm,
Longer reach?

Well dosnt mortaion have like a power-scythe? which he uses in combat and Typhus also wields a deamon version of one. So i say why not! pretty much every otehr weapon has a chain variant chain-fists-chain swords,chain axes etc.

Im pretty sure i heard of a form of torpeado that imperial ships use that has a chain blad thingy like in on of the james bond movies that cuts its way through the ship the detonates(i think it was in 40k, could be something else though)

The Guy
04-11-2007, 19:23
Strange, you see all these chain swords,fists,shower heads, etc.
But never an actual chainSAW :confused:

Stranger
04-11-2007, 19:26
Ain't that what an eviscerator is?

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
04-11-2007, 19:47
chain-hadoken?
chain-gopher-chucks?
chain-dukenukem-chucks?

The Guy
04-11-2007, 19:48
No that's a giant chainsword of doom.
I'm talking more the canibilistic inbred hillbilly from texas chainsaw :evilgrin:

Edit: =O 400 posts since August!. Damn I spend way too much time on here

Flame Boy
04-11-2007, 19:49
Don't forget the Farmers, An entire field of crops done in minutes :p

Also how about Chainarangs, what better way to lose your fingers.:)

See, I was wondering where the blades would go on a Chain-Mail, and you go one better.

Chainarang for president! :D

I'd imagine with all the chain mechanism at the far end of the weapon, it would be horribly unbalanced to use a Chainscythe, unless there was a heavy weight on the other end. Woud probably need a rather inventive combat style to make use of it, but hey, would still be interesting.

On a more serious note... What about chain grenades? You pull the ripcord three or four times instead of pulling a pin, and then throw it... after the fuse elapses, you get a loud buzzing noise as all the teeth on the outside of the grenade start spinning, making it utterly hazardous (providing you try to pick it up rather than ignore it) :p

carl
04-11-2007, 19:55
Just go the full bore and build some screamers:D.

The Guy
04-11-2007, 20:03
chain-gopher-chucks?

Lol another Kung Pow fan I assume? :D

Well eviscerators are only used by priests and the like. And while these may be a bit crazy and inbred I doubt they go round like "Hyuckk Hyuckk Ima chainsaw yoooo!!!111" Oh my god sounds like a gears of war noob :eek:
I also doubt they eat others skin. Or wear it.
Seriously though I was thinking of smaller chainsaws. The ones used to cut trees and not stupid blonde college kids who's car has borken down.

Stranger
04-11-2007, 20:06
No that's a giant chainsword of doom.
I'm talking more the canibilistic inbred hillbilly from texas chainsaw :evilgrin:

Edit: =O 400 posts since August!. Damn I spend way too much time on here

only those pansy things carried around by repentias. Real men use those
http://wh40k.lexicanum.de/mediawiki/images/c/c0/ZelotEviscerator.jpg
:p

Ivan Stupidor
04-11-2007, 20:08
Seriously though I was thinking of smaller chainsaws. The ones used to cut trees and not stupid blonde college kids who's car has borken down.

I believe the Kroot Mercenary list mentioned that one of the Kroot's sources for Eviscerators was upgrading big industrial chainsaws, so they do exist. It's just that they don't turn up the the background because they're not generally used for killing people.

The Guy
04-11-2007, 20:15
only those pansy things carried around by repentias. Real men use those
http://wh40k.lexicanum.de/mediawiki/images/c/c0/ZelotEviscerator.jpg
:p

Is that a built in flamer I see! Wow! Ooh the horrendous possibilities :evilgrin:
So I guess there IS chainsaws then.
And I also think chain grenades would be awesome! The ammount of times a german has thrown a grenade back at me on call of duty have done my head in.

Brother Siccarius
04-11-2007, 20:15
chain-chucks has got to be the dumbest weapon yet..:D

and I used to think chain-axes were stupid :rolleyes:

You could always go into the idiotic with Chain-Hammers or Chain-chains, just imagine, a length of chain with little chainsaw like teeth on each link.

And actually an eviscerator is mentioned pretty much every time they talk about a fanatical priest on the battlefield. They're even in the Imperial Guard codex and Codex Witch Hunters.

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
04-11-2007, 20:20
Lol another Kung Pow fan I assume? :D

Well eviscerators are only used by priests and the like. And while these may be a bit crazy and inbred I doubt they go round like "Hyuckk Hyuckk Ima chainsaw yoooo!!!111" Oh my god sounds like a gears of war noob :eek:
I also doubt they eat others skin. Or wear it.

Kuuung pow in my heart!

The Guy
04-11-2007, 20:22
Kuuung pow in my heart!

All the way baby!

What about chain bionics? I'm pretty sure someone has modelled that already. But imagine in real life! :eek:

Maidel
04-11-2007, 20:24
just imagine, a length of chain with little chainsaw like teeth on each link.

actually - that sounds quite vicious!!!

I want for my eldar bikers!

Dalenator
04-11-2007, 20:26
How about chain-pads. Go on you know you want one.:D

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd109/Dalenator1/residenteve4chainsaw_1.jpg

Cry of the Wind
04-11-2007, 20:54
Here is a link to the only model I've seen with one:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=9947059915001&orignav=300808

MrBigMr
04-11-2007, 21:41
Chain-ratflail?

Well there's your problem. You went and applies logic to 40K.

Imperialis_Dominatus
04-11-2007, 22:32
Chain-scythe? Must model!

Mr Kibbles
08-11-2007, 07:48
I,ve tried to make a chain spear for my wip aboriginal SMs

mistformsquirrel
08-11-2007, 08:35
We need... Chainsaw missiles.

Like so: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/sergey25/Artwork2/ImageC.jpg

Lastie
08-11-2007, 08:59
Chain-ratflail?

Chain-ratmorningstar!!

Heh. Couldn't resist (http://www.vgcats.com/anime/?strip_id=5). :p Oh great, now I just have images of Space Marines screaming 'BAN KAI' and turning Chainswords into zanpakaviscerators. I think I need a drink ...

mistformsquirrel
08-11-2007, 09:01
Chain-ratmorningstar!!

Heh. Couldn't resist. :p Oh great, now I just have images of Space Marines screaming 'BAN KAI' and turning Chainswords into zanpakaviscerators. I think I need a drink ...

... My inner anime geek just 'sqee'd'. >.>

FOR THE EMPEROR! BAN KAI!! *swings chainsword creating a massive shockwave that destroys half of a WAAAGH! ... Except the unscathed warboss, who is laughing...*

... Oh dear... Oh dear <X_X>; *bad ideas*

waaagh!!!random
08-11-2007, 09:59
doesnt the primarch of the world eaters wield one in one of the HH series?

It's Mortarion of the Death Guard that uses a Warscythe, and his Guards

waaagh!!!random
08-11-2007, 10:02

Uber cool, it'd be so! cool if GW made that into an actual weapon for armies with chain weapons

Deus Mechanicus
08-11-2007, 12:50
mmm chain-whips?

thearchiver
08-11-2007, 14:23
Even the models for Chainsaw warrior just have chainswords.

I can recall if a model for it ever got made but the papercut chainsaw is the only really chainsaw I can recall GW ever thinking up, im pretty sure the rules for that bright idea came from a WD.

mistformsquirrel
08-11-2007, 14:47
Isn't there a Priest model with an Eviscerator that looks like a HUGE chainsaw? (Not a two-handed Chainsword, but a giant chainsaw)

Rirekon
08-11-2007, 15:08
You mean Billy-Joe the Inquisitor's Henchman (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=9947010700502&orignav=10)? ;)

mistformsquirrel
08-11-2007, 15:17
That's the one!

inq.serge
08-11-2007, 16:06

This is the funniest thing I've seen in a hell lot of time. I haven't been this happy since before October. You deserved a cookie. (I actually laughed out loud).

TheMartyr451
08-11-2007, 21:29
Hmmmm. And I thought sword-chucks was cool-stupid. This is cool-stupidier.

What's next? Chain-dagger-whip?:p

Even if it is an attempt to take the best of two worlds, and it looks helvetically cool, it will, in the end, only hurt the wielder. :D

How about a bow-gun-sword? :D

I'd say go for the chain scythe, it's a cool idea.

About Angron, I beleive he used a chain glaive, not a chain scythe.