PDA

View Full Version : Empire Mighty Empires campaign army 1000 points

Kahadras
04-11-2007, 22:57
I'm just getting back into fantasy after several years away. Having played Undead, High Elves and Bretonnia in the past I decided that it was time for a change and decided to go with a blackpowder Empire army. Seen as everybody and his dog seems to be doing a gunline army nowadays I decided I wanted to focus on maneuverability rather than on a static set up. I've already collected 500 points worth and this is the point at which I start building a proper army. So onto the list...

Captain of the Empire + Pegasus, full plate, lance and shield = 114p

Battle wizard + extra level = 100p

20 Swordmen + FC = 145p

10 Handgunners = 80p

5 Knights + FC = 155p

5 Pistoliers + musician = 97p

5 Pistoliers + musician = 97p

1 Cannon = 100p

1 Helblaster volley gun = 110p

total = 997p

The basic plan is for the pistoliers and captain to form a mobile unit that can hunt down enemy flanking units, hook in behind the enemy battle line, kill enemy support units and generaly be annoying as possible.

The center of my line is held by the Swordsmen supported by the HBVG. On the other flank I'm going to deploy my cannon supported by the handgunners and the Battle wizard. Lastly me knights are going to fill in where they're needed. I hope to use them to keep enemy stuff any from my 'shooty' flank and to provide some support in the center if my Swordsmen need it.

So any thoughts?

Kahadras

logan054
04-11-2007, 23:29
have you considered outriders rather than Pistoliers, remember being light cav is far easier to get them into close range and be hitting on 5+ with 15-18 shoots and then you have the option to take a charge let another volley or just flee, certainly very nice unit which im glad to see return!

Generally i like the list but if you can use a rocket launcher over a hellblaster then i would, if you like me and just dont have the model then its no biggy really.

Perhaps try and drop some points for a doom fire ring to give that wizard a better chance of doing something.

Kahadras
05-11-2007, 08:29
have you considered outriders rather than Pistoliers, remember being light cav is far easier to get them into close range and be hitting on 5+ with 15-18 shoots and then you have the option to take a charge let another volley or just flee, certainly very nice unit which im glad to see return!

I tend to prefer pistoliers personaly. They're cheaper and while they get less shots they do hand out some nice bonuses (always stand and shoot, 2 attacks in hth, ignore -1 for moving and firing at long range)

Perhaps try and drop some points for a doom fire ring to give that wizard a better chance of doing something.

Really about the only thing I can realisticaly drop is the extra level from the wizard which doesn't really help my magic situation much. I am planning for a lot more magic when I go to 2000 points though.

Kahadras