PDA

View Full Version : orc warboss unit

lector#1
05-11-2007, 02:52
what is the best unit to stick a savage or black orc warboss i will probably arm him with axe of the last waaaagh im most likely going to keep him on foot
but if there is a better combination for a mounted warboss

advice and comments are all appreciated

Belerophon709
05-11-2007, 06:49
With the axe, you'll be wanting to stick him in a ranked infantry unit, so keeping him on foot will be a good idea if he's a savage orc, or he might get baited out of the unit due to his higher charge range.
If you go orc/blorc, you might as well stick him on a boar for the extra save and still stick him into an infantry unit.

I would recommend having him in a unit of Orc Big 'Uns, 24 strong with FC and Nogg's Banner of Butchery, possibly Gork's Waagh Banner (matter of taste and play-style).
In the round that you use Nogg's banner, you should get 8 Str 8 Attacks with your Warboss alone (assuming you've still got full ranks), and 8 str 5 Attacks from the rest of the front line.

My 2 cents.

lector#1
05-11-2007, 07:11
so if i go savage orc in a unit of 25-30 savage orcs.

Belerophon709
05-11-2007, 07:24
Erm well, I'd generally avoid the savage orc unless you're gonna mount him. If your enemy sees your general stuck inside an already pricey unit of frenzied troops, he's gonna drag you around by the nose due to your low movement and frenzy. You'll get baited all over the place by anyone who knows what they're doing.
For a savage orc I'd definately mount him, keep him with some savage orc boar boyz and use some other equipment.

lector#1
06-11-2007, 00:38
so if i have infantry unit i go with black orcs but if i go mounted i go boar boys

Belerophon709
06-11-2007, 10:15
Infantry doesn't necessarily need to be Black Orcs. Big 'Uns, regular Orc Boyz or whatever work fine as well. You might want to read Avian's article's on his website as they're packed with goodie for OnG-players:

http://folk.ntnu.no/~tarjeia/avian/index.php

Skitter-Squeek
07-11-2007, 05:40
Do what I do sometimes 23 orc boar boyz big uns. Full command with Waaagh banner put battle standard in there with Noggs banner then give general battle axe of last waagh. give your opponent first turn and hope he is an idiot and moves forward a tad. then on your turn call a waagh then use waagh banner then charge and ruin his game.

Skitter Squeek